Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vroom!

Comment

• Yeah, I am hoping that this one gets Opy moving a little quicker!

Work has flared up so not too much time right now, but I did get my York mounted. The pulleys were spaced from the block slightly differently than the 225, so I had to rework the York mount. I didn't really like it before, so it was good chance to try something else. Moved it to the drivers side above the PS pump. I had to change the pump housing to the small one used on an Astro van. Next up, making a larger PS reservoir and figuring out an air cleaner since this manifold is taller and my old air filter won't fit anymore. Thinking of doing a plenum with a K&N style cold air intake setup.

Here are the lame-o cell phone pics....

Comment

• Grab a dictionary and look up " 5 pounds of shit in a one pound bag"... You'll see Opy's engine compartment
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Man Jonah, you work fast. I need to get you over to my place to help me work on the willys, HAHA
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
            Man Jonah, you work fast. I need to get you over to my place to help me work on the willys, HAHA
            Yep he don't screw around does he?
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• LOL, I don't how those low hooded willys do it. Even with the high hood I run out of room.

Happy late Birthday Kurt!

Anytime Daniel, anytime. Oh and if you are going up to try out Kurt's spool gun sometime, let me know I wouldn't mind seeing how that thing works. I have been thinking about getting one.

Hope to see you guys out on the trail sometime soon!

Comment

• Nice find!
                holes = cowbell

Comment

• Thanks David! Been watching your progress and it is looking awesome!

Got a little time in this weekend. Reworking the power steering system, I had to go to a smaller reservoir on the pump so there would be room for the York above it. I didn't want to lose the fluid capacity so I doubled up the Astro reservoir I was using. I cut the top off one and the bottom off another and welded them together. After some grinding I filled any low spots with a little solder and got it pretty smooth, at least smooth enough for a thick coat of hammer finish paint to cover up the bad spots.

Did a little plumbing and I should be good to go with plenty of room for the York to go in.

Comment

• Have you talked to Kenne Bell yet about that engine? I think he made a blower for it.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Oh lord, don't get me started...LOL! That would be awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
                        Thanks David! Been watching your progress and it is looking awesome!
                        Thank you, Jonah! Hopefully will post some more up tonight. Your install is looking great. Redneck props on the PS reservoir. Did you learn to sweat pipe on your new house?
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

• Thanks for the props! No, I learned to sweat pipe when I was a kid but I did get a good refresher on the house!

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
                            No, I learned to sweat pipe when I was a kid but I did get a good refresher on the house!
                            Basic survival skills in the frozen North? Looks good. I never have learned.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Slave labor for my Dad...the endless wood stacking all summer was the prep for the cold

It is a breeze, two rules:

very clean metal
                              heat the joint until the metal melts the solder (i.e., don't let the flame melt the solder)

This one was a bit of a hack job because all I had left was a bunch of scrap pieces, the longest of which was about 6 inches and I needed two runs of 7-8 inches so I had a bunch of unnecessary joints. But the hardware was closed so I went for it. If I had a little tube bender I might try to make something nicer looking, maybe later.

Comment

• Sounds easy-peasy, but we'll see how it goes the first time I try it. Thanks for the run-down.

I'm more and more appreciating things that make good use out of scrap. They can have their own special sort of beauty.
                                holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                                X