Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking good man. when do you expect her to breath again?

Comment

• I am hoping to drive it around the neighborhood on Saturday. Everything is together I am just rewiring my electric fans. I had been using a Hayden adjustable controller for it but I killed two of those, so now I have a switch from a dodge caravan that installs in the water jacket (instead of the radiator probe) and that will trigger the fan relay, just have to run the wire. I am also adding a manual switch. Might try to sneak out for a run Sunday if everything is looking good. But that is being pretty optimistic.

Comment

• I can do Sunday...

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
          It is a breeze, [COLOR="#0000FF"]three[/COLOR] rules:

very clean metal
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]FLUX paste![/COLOR]
          heat the joint until the metal melts the solder (i.e., don't let the flame melt the solder)
          Fixed it for you
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
            I am hoping to drive it around the neighborhood on Saturday. Everything is together I am just rewiring my electric fans. I had been using a Hayden adjustable controller for it but I killed two of those, so now I have a switch from a dodge caravan that installs in the water jacket (instead of the radiator probe) and that will trigger the fan relay, just have to run the wire. I am also adding a manual switch. Might try to sneak out for a run Sunday if everything is looking good. But that is being pretty optimistic.
            DISCLAIMER: This is not a curse, this not, I repeat, not a curse...
            If you go on a run this weekend and God forbid something goes wrong with OP give me a call and I'll bring my trailer. JUST IN CASE. NOT A CURSE! "0

Comment

• LOL! I am sure even having the thought pretty much guaranteed that something will blow up.

Comment

• Hey! There is a shop in San Dimas full of old, hard to find car parts for old Fords. There is an old Offy rotary supercharger for a tri power set up that would fit OP just perfect! DOOO ITTTT!

Comment

• Let's go! At least I have a spare motor for mockup now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAT View Post
                    Hey! There is a shop in San Dimas full of old, hard to find car parts for old Fords. There is an old Offy rotary supercharger for a tri power set up that would fit OP just perfect! DOOO ITTTT!
                    Need the addresss. Just what I need for my V8 flat head.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Yeah Curtis, you should get the blower. If I want to go forced induction, I should really just get some grand national turbo stuff as it would bolt up. Of course I would probably have to upgrade my fuel injection system to handle it. Maybe I can get one run in before doing more changes, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAT View Post
                        Originally posted by jonah
                        It is a breeze, three rules:

very clean metal
                        FLUX paste!
                        heat the joint until the metal melts the solder (i.e., don't let the flame melt the solder)
                        Fixed it for you
                        Thanks, I probably would have figured out the flux sooner or later
                        holes = cowbell

Comment

• Ha ha, yeah I probably should have mentioned that the only way you get "really clean metal" is with flux, details, details....

Got my fancy new intake yesterday. The new intake manifold is a bit taller than the old one and my old air cleaner was hitting the hood so I got this:

It is so low profile it doesn't clear the TBI injectors :censor:
                          Back to the drawing board.

Comment

• Looks pretty sweet. Make a spacer out of aluminum or phenolic plastic (e.g. Bakelite)?
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
                              Need the addresss. Just what I need for my V8 flat head.
                              http://www.earlyfordstore.com/

This place is super cool. I can spend all day just browsing. It's been there in the same place since the 20's I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                                [COLOR="#FF0000"](e.g. Bakelite)[/COLOR]?
                                Ha! You just dated yourself old man...

Comment

Working...
                                X