Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Coyotes, CA...FINALLY! Dec. 6-7th!

LOS COYOTES DECEMBER 6th AND 7th!!!!

Los Coyotes Reservation Info

Directions:
    Take the 15 (north from San Diego, South from L.A.) to the 79 South. Turn on 79 south (at the light) toward Warner Springs. As you enter Warner Springs turn east on Camino San Ignatio. Follow the road for about 7 miles to the reservation pay station.
    (Get a map at the pay station.).
    Everyone should gas up in Warner Springs.

GPS Cords:
    Warner Springs Gas Station -- 33'17.02n by 116'38.07w

Entrance Shack -- 33'15.34n by 116'34.65w

We will be leaving the Warner springs gas station at [color=red]9:00[/color] and leaving the Entrance shack at [color=red]9:15[/color] - if you miss us at the gas station. If you miss us at the Entrance, hollar on the CB (CH. 4). We will more then likely air down at the first camp site and you can meet us there.

The Reservation charges fees for use of the area as follows:
    $12 per vehicle per night.
    Add $3 if you are towing something.
    $10 for day use

CB Channel 4

Most all stuff at Los Coyotes can be by-passed if you dont feel up to it. I'll be on the by-passes, mostly.

Tam&Chris

EDIT: December 6-7th Rain/Snow or Shine

[color=red]Who's in:
    JeepGal
    Dukes69
    Cetrov
    twcguy
    Nailer341
    scubatch?
    qwiksilver
    cbremer
    rick & sarah
    [/color]
    Last edited by Dukes69; 12-04-03, 03:57 PM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Re: Los Coyotes, CA...FINALLY!

Originally posted by JeepGal
    Chris and I were thinking either the weekend of November 21st or the weekend of November 28th...

Either camp out Friday night, or meet here early Saturday morning...whatever works.

Maybe couple it with a trip out to TruckHaven and Ocotillo? Perhaps Anza?

These places are in my own backyard, and Ive never been there.

Suggestions?
    Who's game?

Tam
    Although I can't go because Los Coyotes is too much for my little Jeep. The weekend of the 28th might not be good. Thanksgiving and some are away or have visitors.

Comment

I, sadly, will be away both weekends. It's that time of year again to shoot stuff.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
        I, sadly, will be away both weekends. It's that time of year again to shoot stuff.
        Mmmmmm venison. Stop making me drool.

Comment

ok...Id love for both of you two to make it...and maybe with some 31s you can make some of it Crickett...if not you can ride along with someone

How bout the first weekend of December?
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
            ok...Id love for both of you two to make it...and maybe with some 31s you can make some of it Crickett...if not you can ride along with someone

How bout the first weekend of December?
            Sounds better. Gives me time to work on the rig.

Camping out might be a bit frosty...but hey...my sleeping bag goes down to 0 degrees. I am trying to figure out a way to make a polartec sleeping bag liner. It wouldn't be hard and I could probably find some polartec in the garment district cheap. (wish the transit strike would end...I hate driving downtown)

Comment

Re: Re: Los Coyotes, CA...FINALLY!

Originally posted by qwiksilver
              Although I can't go because Los Coyotes is too much for my little Jeep. The weekend of the 28th might not be good. Thanksgiving and some are away or have visitors.
              I dont think your Jeep will have much of a problem. There are bypasses through most of the stuff, if I remember correctly.

I think December 5, 6 and 7 would be a better time. Although I dont know what they do about Snow and stuff . . . i.e closures.

:yay:
              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Los Coyotes, CA...FINALLY!

Originally posted by Dukes69
                I dont think your Jeep will have much of a problem. There are bypasses through most of the stuff, if I remember correctly.

I think December 5, 6 and 7 would be a better time. Although I dont know what they do about Snow and stuff . . . i.e closures.

:yay:
                Thank you for reminding me about snow. I am going to be taking off a lot to go skiing. I generally like to ski from December through February or March (late spring is too hard on the skis around here). If there is snow on the ground I will have to make a choice between Jeep and ski. :confused:

Comment

Yeah!!

Lets gooooooo...............
                  Kirk
                  1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

There are bypasses for just about everything there. A stock Jeep could have plenty of fun in Los Coyotes.

BTW, my name is Josh, you can count me in if you go the 5,6,7th of December. It would be interesting in the snow!

Josh

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Los Coyotes, CA...FINALLY!

Originally posted by twcguy
                      There are bypasses for just about everything there. A stock Jeep could have plenty of fun in Los Coyotes.

BTW, my name is Josh, you can count me in if you go the 5,6,7th of December. It would be interesting in the snow!

Josh
                      I was told that it would not be a good idea to take mine there yet. Not only is there an issue of the stock Jeep, but the driver inexperience. Just too many places for me to get into trouble.

A Jeep lacking certain items can make it through if the driver has skill and good spotters. Ask Chris about getting through the Notch without being locked.

Snow? I am pretty good in the snow. Spent 2 years in Fairbanks and drove the Alaskan/Canadian Highway in January in a Toyota Celica. Got all my snow training in one 2 week stretch.

Comment

Re: Los Coyotes, CA...FINALLY!

I was told that it would not be a good idea to take mine there yet. Not only is there an issue of the stock Jeep, but the driver inexperience. Just too many places for me to get into trouble.

A Jeep lacking certain items can make it through if the driver has skill and good spotters. Ask Chris about getting through the Notch without being locked.

Snow? I am pretty good in the snow. Spent 2 years in Fairbanks and drove the Alaskan/Canadian Highway in January in a Toyota Celica. Got all my snow training in one 2 week stretch.
                        If you stay on the bypasses, it is just like any dirt road. When I was there a couple of months ago, the main roads were all very smooth. All obstacles that I saw - Jeep squeeze, Left turn hill, etc. had a bypass.

Trust me, it would still be fun in a stock Jeep. Very scenic too, so long as it does not burn up in the next few days.

I bow to your snow experience.

Josh

Comment

i'm in... (party at tams house) early december sounds better to me than the late november dates
                          does it get a lot of snow there?
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by twcguy
                            If you stay on the bypasses, it is just like any dirt road. When I was there a couple of months ago, the main roads were all very smooth. All obstacles that I saw - Jeep squeeze, Left turn hill, etc. had a bypass.

Trust me, it would still be fun in a stock Jeep. Very scenic too, so long as it does not burn up in the next few days.

I bow to your snow experience.

Josh
                            What town is close to Los Coyotes? I have a DeLorme book for Southern California. I can look it up.

Comment

Warner Springs, I believe, is the closest town. I think.
                              [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                              SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X