Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to see that Cricket but like Eric said, at least your ok. Hands inside at all times!

Tires look good.

kirk
    Kirk
    1997 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

omg! how much damage to the jeep? glad to hear everyone's ok --
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Wow glad to hear no one got hurt and the Jeep only took minor damage.

What trail did that happen on?
        [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
        AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
        15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
        33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
        FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
        Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
        RE Hand Throttle
        Optima Red Top
        K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Originally posted by PondScum
          We rolled out of LCIR alittle after 5pm. We stopped back at the main camp site because one of the guys in our group had towed his Willys up with his Land Rover. The main campsite was empty i believe there was a Cherokee parked nearby, but it was unattended.

All in all we had a great trip i just wish we had ran into some of you along the way.
          i bet you saw us on the way out (past the check-in booth)- we were the nice size group on the side of the road airing up, etc. i distinctly remember seeing the Willys being towed by the Rover

IIRC, our mishap was on Dangerous Road :confused: but i'm not positive. Crickett got away with a slightly tweaked windshield frame, cracked windshield glass, and a bent support for the soft-top. It's not broken, just broken-in

[COLOR=silver]i'm glad my little bit of breakage has been forgotten :-P[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by cbremer
            i bet you saw us on the way out (past the check-in booth)- we were the nice size group on the side of the road airing up, etc. i distinctly remember seeing the Willys being towed by the Rover

IIRC, our mishap was on Dangerous Road :confused: but i'm not positive. Crickett got away with a slightly tweaked windshield frame, cracked windshield glass, and a bent support for the soft-top. It's not broken, just broken-in

[COLOR=silver]i'm glad my little bit of breakage has been forgotten :-P[/COLOR]
            Crickett, sorry to hear about the Jeep! Are you okay? Do you feel that your an experienced driver now? j/k Seriously, I'm glad you're okay!

Also, Cbremer, what was your breakage?
            1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
            Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Ya know...all you can do is grin.

No one is quite certain how or what happened (ramped a tree or fell in a hole...or both...who knows...or cares at this point). All I can say is the first mistake was me not taking the bypass. I got too cocky and paid for it.

Cetrov, this ain't my first. I have been upside down as a passenger. You just grab the inside of the seat, duck your head and enjoy the ride. Then you shut off the Jeep, wait for your buddies to stablize you and help you out. If you are upside down, never try to get out alone...you will fall on your head. You know, this roll happened so slowly. It didn't crash until the last few inches. Or at least it felt like it. The Jeep just laid down like a tired dog. ("Here's a good spot in the trail to take a nap.")

I thought it was funny riding with Chris today. He decided to ramp a tree too...but he meant to do that and he got nice pictures out of it. Then we were driving back and a tree reached out and touched his Jeep...guess where...yep, windshield frame...some minor dentage. Just a tree love kiss.

You know, we all roll it sometime. I just thought I would get mine over now. Before the Christmas rush.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                Ya know...all you can do is grin.

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                You know, we all roll it sometime. I just thought I would get mine over now. Before the Christmas rush.
                We haven't rolled YET, but I know it's gonna happen one day. I thought we were going to roll on the Defense Mine run at Panamint. Scary feeling!!!!!
                1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                Glad to be back in California!

Comment

brings a whole new meaning to ROCK AND ROLL

Long long long day...I had to catch up with the guys today, they left before me...I used my tire deflators on the trail, and aired down while driving...when we got to the lookout(about 8-10 miles in), we got out and looked down to find ALL FOUR TIRES FLAT. Sigh...thank GOD they were mtr's. David and I were completely alone, and slowly limped back to main camp, driving on my rims, where we waited patiently for someone (anyone) to return from their outings. All I could think of was cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching, cha-ching...how in the world am I gonna afford new tires? Finally, about 45 min later, some horses and riders came back, and miraculously had a little tire inflator (the kind you plug into your lighter) and filled the tires to 10 lbs...and continued our search for Chris and Mikey..didnt find them for 3 1/2 hours, just as it was getting dark, cold and wet.

Theres no place like home, theres no place like home, theres no place like home.

Sigh...

lesson learned...NEVER air down alone.

Tam
                  2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                  Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I'm glad everyone came out of this alright.

Crickett, sorry to hear about your "flop". Your right, it's not really an "if", but a "when". Hope your insurance covers it.

Tam, that just plain sucks!!! Glad everything worked out for you in the end. But let me make a suggestion to anyone here who wheels more than once or twice a year... GET A DAMN COMPRESSOR!!! you don't need a york, an electric works just fine and is as easy to install as a CB. IT'S TIME PEOPLE!!!

hope to see all out on the trail very soon.:yay:
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah
                      I'm glad everyone came out of this alright.

Crickett, sorry to hear about your "flop". Your right, it's not really an "if", but a "when". Hope your insurance covers it.

Tam, that just plain sucks!!! Glad everything worked out for you in the end. But let me make a suggestion to anyone here who wheels more than once or twice a year... GET A DAMN COMPRESSOR!!! you don't need a york, an electric works just fine and is as easy to install as a CB. IT'S TIME PEOPLE!!!

hope to see all out on the trail very soon.:yay:

ummmm... oooops. I posted that, not sarah. sorry. duh. :yay:
                      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• I am stuck being awake...waiting for my brother to call.

Thought I would throw the pics up...but imagestation is not letting you guys in.

Comment

• can you link us to the album?
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• Originally posted by blkTJ
                            can you link us to the album?
                            Tried that...no go. I will have to use the website. That will take some fancy typing...but I can control it. Now if my ftp program will just work. I am stuck waiting on a phone call right now...plenty of time...maybe.

I am tired and not feeling 100%. I have had a long weekend. Please be patient.

Comment

• Tam...clean out your PMs...quick! Please...need to talk.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepGal
                                Finally, about 45 min later, some horses and riders came back, and miraculously had a little tire inflator (the kind you plug into your lighter) and filled the tires to 10 lbs...and continued our search for Chris and Mikey..didnt find them for 3 1/2 hours, just as it was getting dark, cold and wet.

Theres no place like home, theres no place like home, theres no place like home.

Sigh...

lesson learned...NEVER air down alone.

Tam
                                I am a firm believer in belt & suspenders. Despite the CO2 tank, I also tote around a TruckAir plugin compressor. The lil yellow ones are no bigger than a brick and cost $9 at Fry's.
                                Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                                2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Working...
                                X