Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as the coffee is good...I'm in. It's all about the coffee.

Comment

Well my group is going to be meeting at the gas station in Warner Springs at 7:30 AM, we will be leaving the main camp site around 8:30 AM to start wheeling.

I am heading up to my buddies house in Murrieta on Friday so we can do some last minute work on my rig as well as give the 3 Jeeps a good once-over. I'm going to just stay at their house and leave with them early on Saturday morning to make the most of the day.

We will be starting off on LadyBug Lane and Bronco Hill and work our way towards Pirates of the Caribbean, Tobaggan Hill, Bobsled Run and then Bagby's Rock. We plan to take Manzanita Loop over to El Hill.

Also, somewhere along Rock Canyon Road you come VERY close to the Old Mine that is accessed from Appian Way, where you turn off WAY back by the corrals to get to. We've never been back there so it might be a recon mission of sorts.

Basically there are a ton of trails in the area we are heading, alot of them we haven't explored yet.

We normally end doing Dangerous Road, Jeep Squeeze and Left Turn Hill, though time is always a factor so that might not happen.

Hope to run into all of you during the day. Do you all have a plan as far as where you are starting and what areas you plan to wheel?

Our group should be rather easy to spot, there will be 2-3 Bronco's, a green TJ Sahara, a green YJ Sahara, a Blue YJ Renegade and a brown CJ to name a few of the easier to spot ones.
      Last edited by PondScum; 12-03-03, 09:53 PM.
      [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
      AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
      15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
      33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
      FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
      Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
      RE Hand Throttle
      Optima Red Top
      K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tjTerry
        [B]
        Originally posted by Dukes69
        Anyone else in or out?

I cannot make it, as my Stupid Jeep is broken. I won't be cloggin either!
        The Jeep isn't stupid I will be clogging, but not until evening. Megan's girl scout thing is in the air, so to speak. Pun intended. I haven't heard if it was still on. Regardless, Los Coyotes would still be out.
        1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
        Glad to be back in California!

Comment

YAY, Los Coyotes in less then 2 days!!! I cant wait, there is some AWESOME wheeling there.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Had to pack up and get the gear in line last night because tonight is going to be a nightmare.

But looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver

But looking forward to it!
              this should be fun for you... can't wait to hear how you like the trails.:yay:
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by PondScum

Hope to run into all of you during the day. Do you all have a plan as far as where you are starting and what areas you plan to wheel?
                It looks like there is a group meeting in Temecula at 7:30, if they leave at 8am they should be at LCIR around 9-9:30.

I would like to get there early as well, does anyone want to set a time to meet up at the main camp area? If there are going to be several groups of people coming up at different times it is probably the best spot to meet up.

As far as runs go, I have only seen all of the main (fire) roads, Ladybug lane, Dangerous road, Jeep squeeze and Left Turn Hill. I know there are bypasses for just about everything in the park, so I am up for anything.

Can't wait!

Josh

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                  this should be fun for you... can't wait to hear how you like the trails.:yay:
                  You really should be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                    YAY, Los Coyotes in less then 2 days!!! I cant wait, there is some AWESOME wheeling there.

This scares me. Does this scare anyone else? I've got a fear of anything that excites you offroad. You're not gonna break my Jeep are ya? At least not bad, right?
                    I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                    1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

Originally posted by mikeythefireman
                      This scares me. Does this scare anyone else? I've got a fear of anything that excites you offroad. You're not gonna break my Jeep are ya? At least not bad, right?
                      Don't worry. Brian thinks this will be fun for me and I like to scare myself without breaking the Jeep.

Comment

You two are funny Come on Mikey...youll be fine, we wont let you do anything to break your Jeep

<Said in best soup kitchen voice> NO FUN FOR YOU!

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                          You two are funny Come on Mikey...youll be fine, we wont let you do anything to break your Jeep
                          Tam
                          Since when?!? I probably need to toughen up a little for the Rubicon. Maybe I'll just close my eyes a lot.
                          I'm a Daddy!!

[COLOR=DarkRed] Rear bumper/tire carrier and front bumper!![/COLOR]

2002 Jeep TJ (Ember)
                          1982 Jeep J10 w/ a 360

Comment

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Since when?!? I probably need to toughen up a little for the Rubicon. Maybe I'll just close my eyes a lot.
                              Ok, you're getting worried over Los Coyotes and you plan to do the Rubicon? :confused: Does not compute.

Comment

Oh yeah...I have a full bottle of Cuervo for after the Jeeps have been put to bed...drink up gang...'cause I ain't cartin' the thing back home.

Comment

Working...
                                X