This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFFICIAL Rubicon Run July 22-24, 2005

It's that time again! The OFFICIAL MJR Rubicon Trail Run!!!

We will meet Friday Morning, July 22 2005, at 9:00 AM at the Loon Lake Enterance. Camp Friday night at Buck Island and then Saturday night at Rubicon Springs. Leave Tahoe sometime Sunday afternoon, July 24 2005, for home. Please read the link below for more info.

Vehicle Minimums, Required Equipment, Suggested Equipment and ROLL CALL! HERE

whos in?

Sign the ROLL CALL in the above link.

Tam
    Last edited by Dukes69; 04-29-05, 12:49 AM.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Impressive calendar event! Unfortunately I don't think we'll make it this year
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Seeing as how the opposite of what I want lately is what I get, I don't want to go
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I am in for sure!

Comment

Is it really needed to have rockers, I would like to go but dont know if I will have rocker gaurds by then , and really would'nt care if I scrape them up since both sides are already trashed, and now the only reason I need them is to cover up the damage done, I have the stock gas tank skid ( I know its thin) and TC skid, No steering skid... So this means Im out??
          Have 32s, Locked up, likley 33s by that time. And Im not whining for no reason... Im whining cause Im dying to go.
          Lucas
          Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

I can't ever remember smacking my steering box on anything.

You might want the rocker guards so that you can use it as a jacking point for high centers. Sometimes it is hard to get a hydraulic jack under the axles or a Hi-Lift under a bumper to stack rocks.
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Chris,

looking at your spares list I got a couple questions. mostly from a newbies prespective.

What steering components? I currently have a hi-steer inverted t using 1.5 DOM and 1 ton TRE. So I take it I would just need some spare TREs.

U-Joint. Does it make sense to carry front axle shaft spares if you have full blown front spares?

skates04,

yes you need rocker gaurds. the best piece of body armor you will ever buy. Its not about scraping them but more about f***ing up your rockers when you come off a rcok onto your rockers with the entire weight of the Jeep.
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I'm in. I would like to know if I can bring a friend who drives a SAS'd Pathfinder. Rick and Sarah have met him. He's good people. If this is a Jeep only event that is fine too.

Jason
                The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

If he comes he is going to beat the pathfinder up.
                  92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

He been through the hammers with it. It has 8" of lift with 35's and lockers F and R. We have taken an IFS Xterra through the Rubicon. I'm sure he will be OK.

Jason
                    The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT be infringed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by skates04
                      Is it really needed to have rockers, I would like to go but dont know if I will have rocker gaurds by then , and really would'nt care if I scrape them up since both sides are already trashed, and now the only reason I need them is to cover up the damage done, I have the stock gas tank skid ( I know its thin) and TC skid, No steering skid... So this means Im out??
                      Have 32s, Locked up, likley 33s by that time. And Im not whining for no reason... Im whining cause Im dying to go.
                      Lucas
                      Hey Lucas,
                      Rocker guards are a requirement. I understand that they maybe smashed to hell, but in some instances you need to used your rocker guards to pivot on stuff. Sheetmetal leaves alot to be desired in this area. The stock gas tank skid will do. The steering box skid is a requiement as well. Example: Our first year one the Rubicon, Tammy (Jeepgal) installed her steering box skid the night before in the parking lot. First obsticle, The Gatekeeper, she smacked her skid so hard it put a rather large dent in the skid. If she didnt have the skid, it would have ended her trip . . . Period! These gudielines are are put in place to ensure that we all have a problem free and FUN 05 Rubicon run. I'm not trying to be a dick, just better safe then sorry.

-Chris
                      [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                      SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by nagal
                        Chris,

looking at your spares list I got a couple questions. mostly from a newbies prespective.

What steering components? I currently have a hi-steer inverted t using 1.5 DOM and 1 ton TRE. So I take it I would just need some spare TREs.

U-Joint. Does it make sense to carry front axle shaft spares if you have full blown front spares?
                        For stock style steering, I would recommend an upgrade to Currie or something beefier. If you run the STOCK steering I would like to see you carry a spare tire rod, as a minimum. A complete steering set up would be the best. We have a bent drag link and a bent tierod on 2 seperate rigs last year.

It doesnt hurt to have a couple spare u-joints. They're cheap. The best way to set up your front spares is to have the inner, u-joint, outter and unit bearing all together. So, if and when you break something, you can pop 3 bolts and swap the whole mess. Second to this would be a complete inner, outer and u-joint.

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Dont worry I did'nt take it as you being a dick, I completley understand where your all coming from, Hopefully I will be able come up with some rockers (Money) in time for the trip, Just wish my tires were'nt shot, or I would be getting them now, but its going to be nice going from my 32s to 33s
                          Locked up fourbanger (Poor Mans Rubicon)

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler
                            If he comes he is going to beat the pathfinder up.
                            Yeah, Brian and the Pathfinder can do it. I'm not sure how equipped he is for spares and what not, that would be an important factor with his "one off" setup. There's not much on that thing that is Pathfinder, and even less that is Jeep... He did Rick's Wash and Pumpkin Eater. Pumpkin Eater turned out to be a Pathfinder and CJ Eater... Brian broke a hub or a u-joint on Pumpkin Eater, I can't remember which. And while I was messing around on the way down the hill from Pumpkin Eater, I broke a u-joint. Like I say, spares. Add hubs to the spares list if you have them thingys. They're relatively cheap and you're screwed if one blows up.
                            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
                            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

What is the plan if you get 10-20 rigs for this run????
                              1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Working...
                              X