Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both my daughters attended our annual Calico trips since they were 12/13...both have driven the Jeep over Doran and Odessa since that age.
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2001TJ View Post
      I still got pics of Rat spotting a 12 year old boy driving his jeep a couple years ago at this event and the kid did great. AND and in difficult spots too. So he aint telling no B/S story...
      Same kid. He stole Kurt's too.:wink:
      Check out .

Comment

I'm going up Thursday afternoon. Hope to get there before dark. See ya there!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
          I usually bring my kids. That was until one of them stole my jeep and took off with another members daughter. I'd say they are kid friendly.
          All right here's the really story.
          Some MJR kids took out one of there fathers Jeep to, be friendly. After many minutes passed the two fathers decided to wrangle another Jeep to go and look for them. After some more minutes passed the keys for the newly wrangled Jeep were located and they proceeded forthward, YES forthward. Within a few minutes the wayward kids were located. The story was that they came across some other nonMJR kids that were in trouble. They had taken a Jeep from their camp unknown to the owner and got stuck really bad. Of course MJR kids have plenty of experience in most of the Jeep experience including helping others, so they did. Of course being curious fathers as we are we had to ask, "what did you do to help"? Found their camp and let the owner of the Jeep know where it was.

We are kid friendly, Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by DespicableLJ View Post
            Not planning to bring any kids this time, but wondering if "these events" are generally kid friendly?
            Being a new member I have only been on one MJR event (day run for us) and was happy I brought my 12 year old son. He loves wheeling so as I just said happy I brought him along. Kids these days need some real fun in their lives. He had such a good time he was asking to spend the night. I did not pack for it so we could not stay. However this time we plan on staying.

He has driven flat desert stuff a few times but I have been a little slow on letting climb. I think this trip out I will try to let him hit the rocks. Going to be a hard decision but being he now wants a jeep for his first vehicle I think it is best that he knows how to take the fun stuff.
            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
              Being a new member I have only been on one MJR event (day run for us) and was happy I brought my 12 year old son. He loves wheeling so as I just said happy I brought him along. Kids these days need some real fun in their lives. He had such a good time he was asking to spend the night. I did not pack for it so we could not stay. However this time we plan on staying.

He has driven flat desert stuff a few times but I have been a little slow on letting climb. I think this trip out I will try to let him hit the rocks. Going to be a hard decision but being he now wants a jeep for his first vehicle I think it is best that he knows how to take the fun stuff.
              LOL we knew he was hooked that weekend before you did!!! See you out there!
              Last edited by I H8RDS; 03-09-12, 05:45 AM.
              Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Black & Tan TJ View Post
                All right here's the really story.
                Some MJR kids took out one of there fathers Jeep to, be friendly. After many minutes passed the two fathers decided to wrangle another Jeep to go and look for them. After some more minutes passed the keys for the newly wrangled Jeep were located and they proceeded forthward, YES forthward. Within a few minutes the wayward kids were located. The story was that they came across some other nonMJR kids that were in trouble. They had taken a Jeep from their camp unknown to the owner and got stuck really bad. Of course MJR kids have plenty of experience in most of the Jeep experience including helping others, so they did. Of course being curious fathers as we are we had to ask, "what did you do to help"? Found their camp and let the owner of the Jeep know where it was.

We are kid friendly, Cheers!
                Excellent story Tom. I look forward to more around the camp fire.
                Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                  Excellent story Tom. I look forward to more around the camp fire.
                  ... and Oreos... FRIED. Doug - stealer
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I'll be there (not sure if it will be Fri night or Sat am)

Comment

I may be shooting out on the Friday evening pending the misses going out of town. If she does, I'll be there.
                      USMC F&AM

Comment

Plan on going depending on how Sam is doing with her recovery from surgery. I plan on bringing a few co workers from the base to watch the gatekeeper runs. We will probably then go out on our own to explore the easier trails so we don't fill up the other runs.
                        Dennis
                        04 TJ
                        4.0/Auto
                        RE 4.5 Long Arm
                        Rock-It Man Rockers
                        33x12.50 BFG A/T
                        desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Dennis,
                          You camping? Looking forward to seeing you again.

Comment

i should be out sat nite in time for the campfire talk

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                              Dennis,
                              You camping? Looking forward to seeing you again.
                              Not camping. Just going to be there Saturday. Can't wait to see everyone.

Life got busy the last couple years and I didn't get to wheel much. A few of my friends bought some 4x4s recently so we have been going out when we can.
                              Dennis
                              04 TJ
                              4.0/Auto
                              RE 4.5 Long Arm
                              Rock-It Man Rockers
                              33x12.50 BFG A/T
                              desert racing stripes, creased oil pan, and a new shiny transmission pan.

Comment

Just got back from Calico. I'm itching to get back there for this trip now!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X