Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hahah yeah i need to get together with u and work out wirring issues, the bottom side of my dash looks like two squirrles played tag under there

Comment

Originally posted by YJReed View Post
      hahah yeah i need to get together with u and work out wirring issues, the bottom side of my dash looks like two squirrles played tag under there
      [COLOR="darkred"]Tell ya what, get a picture of yours and I'll get a picture of mine and we'll post them on our threads... As it is right now, no playing with it to make it look worse. I'll have to get mine when I get home from work tonight.[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

haha your on!

Comment

And BTW my speedo cable and a wire into the tranny r melted.

Comment

And BTW my speedo cable and a wire into the tranny r melted.
            [COLOR="darkred"]LOL... love it... the three wire connector that goes to the transmission for reverse lights & neutral cut out switch?? Mine are all bare about 1" from the end of the connector. I'm trying to locate a new one also. If I find one, I'll post up the merchant & part # for ya.[/COLOR]

Comment

thanks, and yes i think thats the one. my new tail pipe is mounted higher than the old one and i didnt catch that the wires were so close to it

Comment

thanks, and yes i think thats the one. my new tail pipe is mounted higher than the old one and i didnt catch that the wires were so close to it
                [COLOR="darkred"]I just ordered what I think is the correct part. I will wait until it arrives and is indeed the correct part before posting. Don't want to add to anyone's confusion.

Also thinking of adding this sticker to my rig. Anyone that knows about my winch being stolen knows why...

[/COLOR]

Comment

haha! I dig it! I want 2... one for each side

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    [COLOR="darkred"]

Also, transmission is puking fluid out the bell housing (pump) area. Yippee!!!! Love this transmission baby!

[/COLOR]
                    Two things: First, did you drain all the oil out of the converter when you had it out? If not, and you filled the transmission with the normal charge of oil, it is overfilled and will puke oil for a while, till it seeks a level below the seal on the pump.

If the engine is overheating, the transmission is getting too hot as well because the tranny cooler is in the bottom of the radiator. Again, it will puke oil out of the dipstick or the front pump if it gets too hot.
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                      Two things: First, did you drain all the oil out of the converter when you had it out? If not, and you filled the transmission with the normal charge of oil, it is overfilled and will puke oil for a while, till it seeks a level below the seal on the pump.

If the engine is overheating, the transmission is getting too hot as well because the tranny cooler is in the bottom of the radiator. Again, it will puke oil out of the dipstick or the front pump if it gets too hot.
                      [COLOR="darkred"]First, yes I did drain it as best I could. It was still damn heavy when I re-installed it, so I'm not sure if I got all the fluid out or not.

I had heard that perhaps I'm overheating the transmission. I've purchased an external transmission cooler, but have yet to put it on. I will be doing that soon I hope. What I'm wondering/hoping is that I haven't cooked the seals in the pump. It's not leaking if I just drive it into work...of course that could also indicate that it's low on fluid now. [/COLOR]

Comment

Check the fluid level when hot and in neutral. If the tranny is shifting normally and not making any buzzing or grinding sounds, I think you may just have an overfill or over heat condition going on. The tranny looked very good when we had it apart. BTW, you have to turn the TC over on a bucket and let it drain over night to get most of the fluid out. The TC is a heavy POS empty too.
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]I recall yesterday telling YJ Reed we should post up pics of our under dashboard messes... Well here is mine:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="darkred"]Can't wait to see Reed's. It's a win-win for me. If mine is worse, I get the POS throne, if his is worse, I'll feel better about my mess.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                            Check the fluid level when hot and in neutral. If the tranny is shifting normally and not making any buzzing or grinding sounds, I think you may just have an overfill or over heat condition going on. The tranny looked very good when we had it apart. BTW, you have to turn the TC over on a bucket and let it drain over night to get most of the fluid out. The TC is a heavy POS empty too.
                            [COLOR="darkred"]Ok... I let it sit turned over in a drain pan for a few hours while I was working on other stuff, and then flipped it several times before installation to try to get more fluid out. It's shifting very crisply, not lagging like it does when it's low on fluid. I'm thinking it's overheating. So I have to change out the fluid already, and put that cooler in there I think. Transmission fluid is killing me at $6/qt!! [/COLOR]

Comment

Well at least your transmission pan isn't leaking... Gotta change my gasket for the third time. I really don't wanna get into this YJ problems thread! It's a Jinx!
                              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                              MJR moderator
                              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                              Jeep Patrol Leader
                              Reforestation Supervisor
                              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                              Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                                Well at least your transmission pan isn't leaking... Gotta change my gasket for the third time. I really don't wanna get into this YJ problems thread! It's a Jinx!
                                [COLOR="darkred"]I got tired of transmission gaskets leaks a while ago. RTV baby. If I could find some, I'd get the Marine grade stuff Kurt used on my trans last time. That stuff would NOT come off.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X