Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COLOR="darkred"]So, trying to figure out the miss in the engine... Well, the carb has a small issue. A rubber diaphram is torn I think...got a guy looking at home to see if he has a spare. Then I did something else....

Ryan...sit down...

The left rear break light works again!!! (although I'm thinking of going to a brighter bulb, 1157's aren't cuttin' the mustard.)

Also, it sounds like I have some slop in a bearing; not sure if it's the main, #5, or #6 rod bearing. That's about all to report for today...the Jeep is at home, resting comfortably on the street. I guess we'll see if the bumper deterrents work or not.
    :doh

Oh yea! The motor mounts...

I think I had another sixty thousand miles left on these right?
    [/COLOR]
    Last edited by USMC 0369; 07-23-12, 09:21 PM.
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

It is a big decision but i know where you can get an awesome reman 4.0 shipped for less than $1,600

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]Wiring harness & blank computer? I'm interested.

"blank computer" may not be the right term. Dukes69 talked to me about the need for a computer that hasn't been activated to use matching electronic keys.

Also, I've been reading your thread...you may not be the guy I wanna talk to about buying an engine.... [/COLOR]
        Last edited by USMC 0369; 07-23-12, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Nice motor mounts man. Did you fab those?
          So it's driving again. How'd it do? Any banging, or did you not get a chance to get her up to highway speed?
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
            Nice motor mounts man. Did you fab those?
            So it's driving again. How'd it do? Any banging, or did you not get a chance to get her up to highway speed?
            [COLOR="darkred"]Yeah...they're a 1-off custom.

It is driving again. I didn't get it up to highway speeds, but the knock is gone from what I can tell. However before I left the shop, one of the "techs" did an 'adjustment' on my carb's fuel/air mix screws, and it's acting really weird now. I'm hoping the guy I talked to can find the rubber diaphragm for the accelerator pump.[/COLOR]

Comment

Also, I've been reading your thread...you may not be the guy I wanna talk to about buying an engine.... [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Hardy Har Har!!! It is a legit company in Washington, they are were i got my new one that runs like a champ, and a 7yr 100k warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR="darkred"]Yeah...they're a 1-off custom.

It is driving again. I didn't get it up to highway speeds, but the knock is gone from what I can tell. However before I left the shop, one of the "techs" did an 'adjustment' on my carb's fuel/air mix screws, and it's acting really weird now. I'm hoping the guy I talked to can find the rubber diaphragm for the accelerator pump.[/COLOR]
                the accelerator pump isnt part of the idle circuit. It wont affect the idle, but if the engine stumbles coming off idle, thats where the torn pump will show up.
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                  the accelerator pump isnt part of the idle circuit. It wont affect the idle, but if the engine stumbles coming off idle, thats where the torn pump will show up.
                  [COLOR="darkred"]That's exactly what it's doing. It doesn't stumble...it falls on it's face. I have to feather it to get moving down the road.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by YJReed View Post
                    Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                    Also, I've been reading your thread...you may not be the guy I wanna talk to about buying an engine....
                    Hardy Har Har!!! It is a legit company in Washington, they are were i got my new one that runs like a champ, and a 7yr 100k warranty!
                    [COLOR="darkred"]Shoot me the info!! [/COLOR]

Comment

I am on CDO tonight but i will shoot you the info tommorow when i get off and get home.

Comment

I am on CDO tonight but i will shoot you the info tommorow when i get off and get home.
                        [COLOR="darkred"]If you get a chance, shoot me that info plz!?

Well, I went up to BB with Roger and Greg (crawlinprn) and now I'm having an overheating problem. Tightened the clamps on the lower radiator hose, borrowed some antifreeze from Roger...and that seemed to fix it up for a while, but started getting warm again (over 210 degrees) on the way home. Haven't checked to see if the hose clamps are loose again, will be replacing them either way.

Also, transmission is puking fluid out the bell housing (pump) area. Yippee!!!! Love this transmission baby!

Oh...yea... broke the passenger side shock absorber once again... Tired of welding it back into place...going to get new ones.[/COLOR]

Comment

hahaha... sorry to hear about the bad luck, https://www.sandjengines.com/rebuilt.../JEEP/WRANGLER
                          check them out mine is running like a champ

Comment

hahaha... sorry to hear about the bad luck, https://www.sandjengines.com/rebuilt.../JEEP/WRANGLER
                            check them out mine is running like a champ
                            [COLOR="darkred"]I wish my YJ wasn't so competitive, it wants that POS trophy!![/COLOR]

Comment

hahaha it is giving me a good run, but the glory shall be mine... I have it figured out, my baby is either a massakist (probably not how you spell that) or has suicidal tendancies.

Comment

hahaha it is giving me a good run, but the glory shall be mine... I have it figured out, my baby is either a massakist (probably not how you spell that) or has suicidal tendancies.
                                [COLOR="darkred"]Well, I'd like to say, "Wait until I start figuring out the wiring..." But since the wiring mess is my mostly my fault to begin with, I don't think I can claim those issues. Either way, we should get these two jalopies together sometime. [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X