Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The battery tray, which is now roughly 7x7" square, to hold the battery sideways. I'll make something to hold it down tight.

And the transition from the turbo flange. Going from the largest shape on the back of the turbo, to a 2.5" round shape. The rest of the exhaust will be 2.5", no muffler. I'm excited to hear what the difference is going from the old 1.5" exhaust to now 2.5", if there is any noticeable difference in the exhaust and turbo sound.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Got the turbo down tube welded up for the willys, clearance is very nice. I sprayed it with BBQ paint, 3 coats. in 2-3 days I'll do another few coats. We'll see how it holds up once the heat gets applied while driving. Says it can take 1200 degrees. I try to limit my turbo EGT to 1000 peak, so it *should* be ok. We'll see. :-)

no photos after I sprayed it, I'll take some more photos later when I bolt it up.

2.5" exhaust on a 2.2L diesel, FTW!

Last edited by daniel_buck; 05-05-15, 09:44 PM.
      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

• Nice work Daniel. It looks great!
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

• Thanks Mike, feels good to be making progress!

I got more of the exhaust done tonight, it's to the rear axle now, just need to go up and over and back out the corner.

Also I think I got the radiator hoses figured out! I might be firing this thing up tomorrow Still need to pickup the driveshafts from the driveshaft shop.

Lots of other stuff to do, like make the transmission tunnel, clean up a few things here and there, but it's getting pretty close

Comment

• Wow! It will be fantastic if you get to fire it up tomorrow! Best of luck.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• videos of the fire up please! I want to her it!

Comment

• Got the battery in, and the exhaust done to the rear axle (not quite finished).

Started it up for the heck of it, even though I don't have the driveshafts back yet, and I still haven't figured out the upper radiator hose. Sounds good, I like it Lots of things rattling, since the fenders aren't fully bolted on yet.

Comment

• Nice job Daniel.

Comment

• That's awesome. I'm considering a turbo for my little 1.6 zuk engine. Great job.
                    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Freaking awesome!! I love it! Congrats.

[/COLOR]

Comment

• awesome man! congrats! Looking amazing!

Comment

• I picked up the driveshafts today, and bolted them up, perfect fit

I rigged up an upper coolant hose, I'm hot happy with it, so I'm going to keep an eye on it, I'll probably take the radiator out and have a radiator shop relocate the upper hose inlet so that I can more comfortably get a hose on there, it's just to close to the thermostat on the engine right now since the engine went up 3 inches at least.

I filled it up with distilled water, and let it idle until it was full temperature. No leaks! I need to get the electrical back before I drive around the block, maybe I'll get it tonight, need to put the fenders back on as well.

Comment

• DROVE IT!!

Overdrive not engaged, and starting out in 2nd gear, 1st is stoopid slow

Drives good. Steering feels WAY better, doesn't feel un-safe in the least. Working on the overdrive shifter now. And I need to re-do the front brake lines, and some other small stuff, and then tackle the floor. I want to try an exhaust brake too.

Comment

• Awesome! Looks like it drives well! Steering must be okay since you were shifting and steering with the same hand. Looking and sounding good!

[/COLOR]

Comment

• The steering is MUCH better than the old ross box & bell crank steering. It's not power steering, but it's still much better than factory. Very smooth, no play, and a good ratio. Not sure what the ratio is, but it's easy to steer, even when parking.

Comment

Working...
                                X