Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the color. from the looks of the pics, Im guessing you are not going to have an issue with the departure angle are you. Damn thats sweet!
    I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

• And the build just keeps on goin...

Need a tire carrier for those overland trips to Death Valley, Rubicon, etc. So for the last week I have been finishing a project I originally started way back when I was doing the Rev fenders. Didn't like it back then and put it aside. Now I am in a pinch so I had to get it back out and see what I could do with it. Ultra light weight 1.5 thin wall tube. Scary stuff, doesn't look very sturdy. I braced and gusseted the hell out of it and it still comes out at just under 40 pounds soaking wet. Mounts to the tub. The hinges are going to be replaced with a different version but I didn't have the time or material to make the ones I want. No biggy, thats what band saws and welders are for. Lots of tabs for jack mounts, tools, whatever. Basket is being made to fit the top. Won't have that doen for the DV trip.

We'll see how it holds up on the washboard roads in DV.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• [QUOTE=rat patrol;179581 Mounts to the tub. [/QUOTE]

Looks like a clever design Kurt, but I need to show you what I did to my rack to save the tub. I think you'll like it.
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• Looks good Kurt! I am trying to figure something up on mine too. I had a rear bumper/tire carrier that was sweet, but it weighed a ton. After I got the aluminum rear bumper, I was hoping to design or find something that I could easily put on for road/camping treks, and take off for most other wheeling.

Oh and how bout them Cowboys! (last weekend) lol

Comment

• any updates to this mall crawler?
            [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
              any updates to this mall crawler?
              [COLOR="Sienna"] He hit a curb at Wal-Mart, trying to impress a girl, and now needs new lockers, beadlocks, and bent up hit t-case skid. :hide:[/COLOR]
              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR=sienna] He hit a curb at Wal-Mart, trying to impress a girl, and now needs new lockers, beadlocks, and bent up hit t-case skid. :hide:[/COLOR]
                Bwaaaaa-hahaahahahaaaaaaa. Damn u funny man...:geek:

Miguel,
                No not much to report, other than it wheels like a mountain goat. I'll be painting it soon, that's about it.

Comment

• you make it out to KOH? I didnt see many people I knew, but then again there were a trillion people out there. We surprisingly got some good trails in.
                  [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post

Time for paint... finally. I started the body work this week and plan on shooting color in December. I'm goin with the above scheme (thanks Jonah)!

Comment

• [COLOR="sienna"]Hey bro, how did this work out???

[/COLOR]
                      [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                      Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• It works well. I still don't lik eit but what the hey....

Comment

• Kurt forgot to say,the new rear fenders look great. The best idea in a while.
                          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

• Are you gonna name your jeep the General Lee with that paint color?!!! Nice color choice

Comment

• General Lee. That would be a fitting name for a red neck rock crawler...

Comment

• Originally posted by curtis View Post
                                Kurt forgot to say,the new rear fenders look great. The best idea in a while.
                                You mean these hokey things?

rear fenders by MJR RAT, on Flickr

I made these to clear a fix it ticket.

Comment

Working...
                                X