Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
    Wow! Just a thought, what about using a unit bearing as your mounting surface? If you ever needed one on the trail, it'd be a handy place to carry it.
    Trust me, I've thought of that. They are kinda heavy and that is what I'm trying to avoid; another heavy-assed over built tire carrier hanging off the back of my jeep. This one is even lighter than that other POS i made a few years ago and that was ultra thin wall square tube. I don't like tire carriers no mater what kind but they are kinda essential for the long excursion trips I like to do so... This one makes me happy... for now.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• After three years of really hard wheeling I started to take a look at the suspension and see how it's holding up. I found a few little things that need attention but otherwise the Rat is standing on very strong legs. I found the bushings in the Currie JJs hold up well except on the front upper CA. Because I installed it with the bolt vertically instead of horizontally the bushing is getting whacked due to the joint reaching full articulation right as the limit strap pulls tight. I went to Currie today to get new bushings and John happened to be in the front office when I walked in. He instantly started talking to me about the bushings and took me for a tour of the new facility. We went in the back and he showed me the narrow, high articulation joint. It's billet, very expensive but just the ticket for fixing the issue with my CA. John was very helpful. He really seems to enjoy helping guys like me that build my own stuff. So it was a nice little break from the day to day to visit Currie.
      So a new JJ is on order and the rest will be sporting new bushings tonight. Also picked up a new tie rod and clamps (thanks again John). Now I have to get those damn King shocks cleaned up. The coil sliders are kinda wonky and starting to squeak loudly when articulating. While I'm doing all of this I will be tuning the shocks a little bit more. Can't wait to test the RAT at JV again this season. With some new upgrades and parts it will be a blast!
      Last edited by RAT; 09-14-12, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• That's very cool Kurt. I drive by Currie every day, but they are always closed. During my commuting hours. Have long wanted to see their shop during the day.
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• I can't believe three years has gone by. Glad to hear the Rat is staying strong. I might have to get you to bend me up a tire carrier like that before any Rubicon trips. I hate to put a tire on the back but I think I will need the storage space.

Comment

• WOW! I just had a new windshield installed in the RAT. No wonder I couldn't stay on the trails. That old WS was FUBAR. It looks like a brand new Jeep again! $195 installed. Sweet!
            It is now time to start the project I've been putting off far too long. I have a punch list of things I didn't like when I did the build originally, but due to time constraints I just closed my eyes tight and did them anyway. Time to go back and change them now. Gonna change the rockers, the front bumper, the gas tank, the inner fender wells in the rear, and finally make the front inner fenders that I want. Oh yeah, and paint the body. So... Here we go again!

Comment

• Nice sounds fun!!! I have to get a new windshield as well because of that monkey that built my cage broke it hahaha
              [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• Wait...what...paint, no way!

What are you doing for fuel tank? I am thinking about redoing mine, trying to decide if I should gear up for aluminum welding.

Comment

• I should get some schooling from yall! There are 3 things that I am always hesitant to work on. Electrical wiring, fuel lines, and brake lines. I don't know why, but I just always have some sort of fear of messing them up.
                  [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                  www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Been spending too much time in the shop again. Rat is getting some redux. I'm relocating the rear shocks, building a fuel tank, getting rid of those Fred Sanford rear inner fenders, relocating the rear currie anti rock and much more. Stuff I should have done the first time but didn't cuz I got in a hurry. Pictures to come soon.

Comment

• How this always looks in the beginning...

shock relocation0003 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Yes, those are rear shock hoops.

shock relocation0001 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

shock relocation 10003 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

I'll post more detailed pics later on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kongamai016
                        copy CADO-VN1. COM de xem chi tiet huong dan

huong dan ca cuoc tren mang
                        huong dan ca cuoc online
                        huong dan ca do bong da
                        huong dan ca cuoc bong da
                        huong dan ca do tren mang
                        huong dan ca cuoc tren mang
                        Couldn't agree more.
                        Check out .

Comment

• Sweet. I been hacked by a kung pao chicken!

Comment

• hmmmmm, kung pao chicken. Is it lunch time yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason View Post
                              hmmmmm, kung pao chicken. Is it lunch time yet?
                              Yes And we deriver...

Comment

• Mo fun than a barrel of...

The hoops finished and ready to install

shock relocation 20001 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

shock relocation 20003 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Frame boxes semi finished

shock relocation 20004 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Fits like a glove

shock relocation 20011 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

shock relocation 20012 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Gonna have to get with King. The current springs when moved to this location jack the ride height by 2 inches. Adjusters are all the way to the top. THinkin some 8" 150# will cure that.

Comment

Working...
                                X