Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAT View Post
    That axle has one too many ones in it...
    It's one higher, innit!

[COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• ^^^^ hahahahah

yup has to be better lol
      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• I swear it never ends with Jeeps. I was going to go wheelin with Mike and Sharon today in BB. Last night I was doing some last minute checks and re-centering the steering wheel when I noticed the sector shaft on the steering box moving laterally over a half an inch. Add to that my 7 year old Currie Drag link end is ready to pop off with a small screw driver and, you guessed, it, another bank account drainer. PSC big bore gear box and assist ram coming now along with all the parts to make the Currie like new again. Damn I should have at least gotten a kiss before this screwin...

I do some pics of the install next week when the parts arrive.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I swear it never ends with Jeeps. I was going to go wheelin with Mike and Sharon today in BB. Last night I was doing some last minute checks and re-centering the steering wheel when I noticed the sector shaft on the steering box moving laterally over a half an inch. Add to that my 7 year old Currie Drag link end is ready to pop off with a small screw driver and, you guessed, it, another bank account drainer. PSC big bore gear box and assist ram coming now along with all the parts to make the Currie like new again. Damn I should have at least gotten a kiss before this screwin...

I do some pics of the install next week when the parts arrive.
          If you are still thinking about another front axle, do that first, cuzz when you do the whole Currie shebang is going to go somewhere else and you probably would need a 8" ram instead of a 6" ram. Thinking ahead is sometimes the clever thing to do

Comment

I swear it never ends with Jeeps.
            But yet we still continue to put all of our hard earned $$$$ into them. Don't like it, find another hobby. Never!

Comment

• The ram assist went in easy peasy lemon squeezy. Sum bitch holds a shit load more fluid than before. Feels way different on the street.
              The drag link end at the knuckle damn near fell apart when I took it off. Wasn't long for this world. I just replaced 90% of the old Currie steering. Hopefully I'll get more than 6 years out of this set up.

Comment

• I didn't realize how much I missed having the full area behind the seats. I wonder how I've been getting all my stuff in there without it. I'm starting to do the puzzle it together loading of gear for the Rubicon. All my stuff fits and there is still room. Guess I'm bringing more stuff!

Comment

• Did you already go with the PSC? I keep hearing really good things about Red Neck Ram from Texas Off Road. Looks like the same exact thing at half the price. But the rebuild looks awesome man. No wonders you aren't worried about fuel on your next big trip. Holy crap. Only Jeep that doesn't need to carry cans for overlanding...
                  USMC F&AM

Comment

• Originally posted by TipsE-Z View Post
                    Did you already go with the PSC? I keep hearing really good things about Red Neck Ram from Texas Off Road. Looks like the same exact thing at half the price. But the rebuild looks awesome man. No wonders you aren't worried about fuel on your next big trip. Holy crap. Only Jeep that doesn't need to carry cans for overlanding...
                    I did go with the PSC ram assist and gear box. I already have the modified pump, Cooler and remote reservoir installed for the Hydrosteer. Parts I picked up over time from various guys around town.
                    I'm not familiar with the RedNeck Ram. Should be cuz I be a redneck but... Looks a little low tech. By that I mean the ram looks like a cheaper part, not the same quality as PSC. From what I can tell they use the stock pump and a drilled and tapped stock gear box. But they don't have much info on their site so I would call and ask mega questions about their product. Sometimes the price is too good to be true.

Comment

• So far I've done three trips to Big Bear including trail time. For three trips to Big Bear + driving around town, I'm getting 13.3 MPG. But two trips were loaded with gear so I need to do some more driving with the Jeep in a more normal load configuration. but right now
                      13.3 MPG x 32 Gallon capacity tank = 425 mile per tank. I will take that. For the three trips to BB I've filled the tank once at the beginning and topped it once during the cross mountain trip with Mike. If the sending unit is still reading the same as in the stock tank I still have about three gallons in the tank. I'm going to track my mileage very closely on the Rubicon trip coming up to see exactly what the Jeep is getting mileage-wise. But having a tanker truck behind the seat is pretty cool.

Comment

• Can you post some pix, of your steering set up. I just got a PSC gearbox, and ram. I'd like to see how you mounted, everything. Thanks
                        It was like that when I got here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tumbleweed13 View Post
                          Can you post some pix, of your steering set up. I just got a PSC gearbox, and ram. I'd like to see how you mounted, everything. Thanks
                          Sure. When I get home tonight.

Comment

• I love brand new, fresh parts, and nothing is better in the afternoon than a great big Woody! Or two in this case. Tom Woods Rocks. Total rebuild (including the cardon swivels) on both and they sent back three of the old u-joints for trail spares, and a set of u-joint straps with new bolts all around. less than $200. Can't beat it.

20130703_174948 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

And I'm finally getting Ahole Fab garage in shape. Still along way to go but WAYYY better than before. Aluminum welder is up and working like a charm. Sweet!

20130703_175128 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Comment

• hey RAT, are you running the Savvy tie rod, or Currie?
                              [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

• Currie steering all the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X