Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been eye'n that sander for a while. Last time I went in to buy it they were out of stock. So I bought something else. Don't remember what, Oh man you SCORED !!!!!!!!!!!!
    You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

• Couple more pics. Haven't been working on the Rat as much as the bumper project but got the clamps done and polished. They fit nicely just where I planned.

20130404_180856 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

20130404_180850 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

There will two on each reservoir. When they are finished I'll spray a clear top coat for protection. The first one took forever but I have a system down now. About two hours per piece.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• It felt like Christmas day today. My new gas tank came to roost in the Rat. Many thanks to Jake at Aero Tanks for being brave enough to build this beast. It is smog ready, reinforced throughout, sports the OEM Chrysler fuel tank fitting for the pump assembly and fits like a glove. There are a couple of mods I need to make to it but that was to be expected. This is a one off design. 32 gallon capacity. I only have four pics of the tank already fitted in the rear but I have to take it out to do the mods so I'll take some pics of it out of the Jeep. Damn I'm stoked!

This will now be the floor of the bed

20130407_145511 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

I doubt I'll need a skid plate but I'm making one anyway

20130407_144508 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

The axle can move back 4 more inches (not that I would ever do that)

20130407_144458 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

The cover for the fuel pump assembly will have to be reworked. I expected a lot more issues but so far this is the only one.

20130407_144448 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

More to come...

Comment

• Holy gas tank batman! That is sweet!!

Could have squeezed another 2 gallons in, if you made the gas tank extend forward between the seats a bit, and became the center console JUST SAYIN!

If we hear an unusually loud explosion coming from the vicinity of la habra, we know who's jeep it was. haha!
          Last edited by daniel_buck; 04-07-13, 11:31 PM.
          [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Sweet! Is your sending unit going to read the same, or will you use the odometer like YJ guys? The only issue I could forsee is a DOT safety inspector throwing a fit because there's no firewall between the tank and the passenger compartment. I'm sure you know someone who could throw some sheet metal over it though...
            Last edited by 6spdYJ; 04-07-13, 11:27 PM.
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

• What would A DOT safety inspector do on old CJs that have a gas tank right under the drivers seat? I didn't know we had inspection out here, just emissions?
              [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab

Comment

• Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
                Sweet! Is your sending unit going to read the same, or will you use the odometer like YJ guys? The only issue I could forsee is a DOT safety inspector throwing a fit because there's no firewall between the tank and the passenger compartment. I'm sure you know someone who could throw some sheet metal over it though...

Seeing how the DOT is a Federal agency, they can kiss my rosy red ASS! My smog guy passes me every year with the stock tank sitting right behind the seats so this should be way better.

Comment

• Tank looks sick man......
                  [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

• "The axle can move back 4 more inches (not that I would ever do that)"

If the axle can move back and you are in the middle of such a massive upgrade project.. why not stretch it at the same time and get it over with? I know I am kicking myself for doing my YJ in sooo many different steps. I wish I would have done many of the projects at the same time. I am sure you have your reasons. It just screams at me what will be the next project

Or... you could just tie your roll cage into your gas tank and have even more capacity

Comment

• Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                      "The axle can move back 4 more inches (not that I would ever do that)"

If the axle can move back and you are in the middle of such a massive upgrade project.. why not stretch it at the same time and get it over with? I know I am kicking myself for doing my YJ in sooo many different steps. I wish I would have done many of the projects at the same time. I am sure you have your reasons. It just screams at me what will be the next project

Or... you could just tie your roll cage into your gas tank and have even more capacity
                      The axle can move back that far already. No fab work to do. I was just making a funny...

Comment

• Very, nice tank, but it begets a question, with the pickup in the back and the fuel level say below a quarter tank would it not starve for fuel on a down hill? There is a reason why the stock pickup sits in the center of the tank. I made the same mistake on the fuel cell of my buggy

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                          Very, nice tank, but it begets a question, with the pickup in the back and the fuel level say below a quarter tank would it not starve for fuel on a down hill? There is a reason why the stock pickup sits in the center of the tank. I made the same mistake on the fuel cell of my buggy
                          Couldn't a second pickup tube be routed to the front of the tank, with those valves that only open when they are submerged?

Comment

• Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                            Couldn't a second pickup tube be routed to the front of the tank, with those valves that only open when they are submerged?
                            I am sure it can be resolved one way or another

Comment

• I would think with the drop down at the rear of the tank where the sending unit is it would hold enough fuel for a pretty long downhill. When low on fuel it should all be down in that area already. Any baffles in that bad boy? All aluminum?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
                                I would think with the drop down at the rear of the tank where the sending unit is it would hold enough fuel for a pretty long downhill. When low on fuel it should all be down in that area already. Any baffles in that bad boy? All aluminum?
                                Forgot that it drops down in the back, oops

Comment

Working...
                                X