Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking good Rat.

are you just making your own rockers? Doing anything special? mini boatside?

I see some tabs for some limit straps in the rear, any reason they are not out-boarded more?

are you going to triangulate the cage anymore? Like above seats?
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
      looking good Rat.

are you just making your own rockers? Doing anything special? mini boatside?
      Of course I'm making the rockers. No boat sides this time around. Pretty much the same old crap I had before with a few differences.

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
      I see some tabs for some limit straps in the rear, any reason they are not out-boarded more?
      I chose those points for the limit straps because, after cycling that suspension 100 times, that is the best place to get both:
      Limit on the droop to protect the pinion angle on the drive shaft
      Still get full travel of the shocks without over extending them.

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
      are you going to triangulate the cage anymore? Like above seats?
      Possibly. I'll be looking at adding some more tube after the rest of the build is complete.
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
        [COLOR=sienna]Bro, excellent use of steering box skid for a chock-block. Those meats do stick out a bit. Any plans for some flares on the side of the SAVVY guards?[/COLOR]

Yezzir, I will use the Rev111 flares i made for a while. They don't look as good on this build as they did on the old set up, but they'll do fer a while. And what? All the work I've done on this frickin Jeep and all you can see is the steering skid/chock? HSBM!

Comment

• Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
          Yezzir, I will use the Rev111 flares i made for a while. They don't look as good on this build as they did on the old set up, but they'll do fer a while. And what? All the work I've done on this frickin Jeep and all you can see is the steering skid/chock? HSBM!
          [COLOR="Sienna"]I try not to spew forth admiration due to the homophobes forever riding my a$$ about it. Wait...that didn't come out right.

You know I think the Rat is SICK brother. I'm just happy to see all the good work in my future. [/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
            [COLOR=sienna]I try not to spew forth admiration due to the homophobes forever riding my a$$ about it. Wait...that didn't come out right.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=sienna]You know I think the Rat is SICK brother. I'm just happy to see all the good work in my future. [/COLOR]
            You know I'm bussin yo balls man. I ain't touching the riding yer ass comment...

Comment

• Kurt,

The rig is looking sharp. Can't wait to see it out there! Will you still do those easy runs with us guy's that have stock Jeeps? July???? Damn, get busy.

Mitch

Comment

• Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Kurt,

The rig is looking sharp. Can't wait to see it out there! Will you still do those easy runs with us guy's that have stock Jeeps? July???? Damn, get busy.

Mitch
                Mitch,
                Nothing is changing, I'll still wheel anywhere with anyone. I'm a !!!!!! I just got tired of breaking stuff in JV. See you out there soon.

Comment

• Looking nice Kurt. I'd move those shock reservoirs thoug on the roll bar. Get them lower in the tub. You will likely catch one and tear it off in that location.
                  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                  ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                    Looking nice Kurt. I'd move those shock reservoirs thoug on the roll bar. Get them lower in the tub. You will likely catch one and tear it off in that location.
                    Wait wait wait, I'm the Here we go again thread. The Stoppin the floppin thread is Chuck! Like I'm not planning to roll over and scratch the ticks off...

Comment

• Ozzy looks ready to go!! Better hurry!

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
                        Ozzy looks ready to go!! Better hurry!

I agree; he's driving me nuts! I need three more three day weekends and one regular weekend and I think I'll be done. If work doesn't interfere too much.

Comment

• It looks like going backward, but finally putting the finishing touches on some of the fab.
                          Painting the roll cage

And seat mount frame

fabbing the front quarter panel armor

It will tie in with the rocker, which ties in to the Savvy corners. More tomorrow.

Comment

• Kurt for your front armor why not make a plate that ties to the rockers and the tube fender all in one? Will make for a much stronger setup and will keep the tube fender from buckling the tub.

Comment

• Hey Kurt, I don't see any paint runs?

Looks like this will turn out real nice. Will look good and work excellent.
                              Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                                Kurt for your front armor why not make a plate that ties to the rockers and the tube fender all in one? Will make for a much stronger setup and will keep the tube fender from buckling the tub.
                                The Qpanel ties into the fender at the bottom, the only place it really needs it. I never even hit the fender before, it is always the damn Qpanel.

Comment

Working...
                                X