Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can make it on the dates you announced. Please PM me the directions to the camp. If I decide to do a motel, is there anything close?

Paul
    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

• Originally posted by paultyler View Post
      I can make it on the dates you announced. Please PM me the directions to the camp. If I decide to do a motel, is there anything close?

Paul
      the directions to camp will be pm'ed within a week of the trip.
      there is a super 8 in yucca. it is about 30-40 minutes from the camp.
      we leave camp at 8:00 am, which means you have to be prepped, aired down, etc.. by that time.
      it makes for an erly morning from a motel.
      see you there!
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by paultyler View Post
        I can make it on the dates you announced. Please PM me the directions to the camp. If I decide to do a motel, is there anything close?

Paul
        The Hotels are quite an adventure in themselves. Rumor has it if you ask nicely you can get the good hooker at the motel. Don't watch any of those news channels that discuss how many germs are in the motel rooms. I made that mistake last time i stayed in Yucca !!!
        moon buggy
        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
          ...you can get the good hooker at the motel...
          Excellent! I guess I will not be camping this year!
          92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

• Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
            You get a free pass. Just show up and we'll cover whatever happens. Looking forward to wheeling with you again.

Thank you Blaine. All I need is a spare set of front shafts, and a ps cooler. Probably not bad things to have anyway (especially since my front axle has odd shafts)

Unfortunatly this weekends trip is off due to weather and too many campers in tents. I will pass your greeting on to Drew however.
            I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
            Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

• do we have any prospective passengers at this point who don't have seats?

bisquick??? steelman??? materdaddy???
              Last edited by blkTJ; 12-19-06, 12:55 AM.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                do we have any prospective passengers at this point who don't have seats?

bisquick??? steelman??? materdaddy???
                I'd like to come and do NOT have a seat ATM. If I can't fit, how far is camp to the trail? Would I be able to meet up and just "hike" (and take pictures) on the trail? I'd be there to lend a hand (or get in the way) upon breakage too! :thumbs_up
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• I would like to see it all too Mat. I'm for driving up and parking where all the action begins. I'm told it is about 3 miles long and will take them all day to do.

Sooooooo, would that be ok Brian? Lots of pictures and some movies with helpful hands for repairs.
                  I dont know when the event is........ so I would like to know to be able to plan it in.

Bob
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

• sorry guys...
                    the only way to do this would be to have a seat reserved.
                    you would be left behind, and very unhappy.
                    it is simply not a good idea to expect to hike the trails, and go back to your rig/car.

please be sure to get your names out there for requesting seats.
                    ERIK

Comment

• Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                      I'd like to come and do NOT have a seat ATM. If I can't fit, how far is camp to the trail? Would I be able to meet up and just "hike" (and take pictures) on the trail? I'd be there to lend a hand (or get in the way) upon breakage too! :thumbs_up

To add to what Erik has said.

Get your seating arrangements taken care of ahead of time. Someone may offer to carry a passenger in the back seat. I'll tell you now that your rig won't like that much on the trail and the 3rd person will end up walking the trail.

Walking the trail isn't bad, but if the wind comes up and the temp drops as it's been known to do, it will be a long day for you unless you dress like an Eskimo.

We have had folks ride to the trailhead and walk the trail and it's not been an issue most of the time. We've also carried 4 folks back per rig in rigs that only had two seats before when we left rigs on the trail to go fetch in the next morning's daylight. Not ideal, but necessary at the time.

The best thing to do is start pm'ing folks and get a seat arranged and know that it's arranged.

The other thing we can do is have the folks who have empty seats that don't mind a passenger contact Brian and have him edit the run list with available seats per rig.
                      I am Savvy.

Comment

• i have added to the original post a list of those in need of an extra seat. if your name is not on that list, please pm myself or brian. if you have a seat to offer one of the people on the list, also, please make the pm.
                        ERIK

Comment

• Thanks guys, I really appreciate the effort you're putting into letting us lesser jeepers make it too! Most people don't put that much effort into getting a run together, let alone leeching passengers!!!
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

• Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                            Thanks guys, I really appreciate the effort you're putting into letting us lesser jeepers make it too! Most people don't put that much effort into getting a run together, let alone leeching passengers!!!
                            Here's the most important aspect of this whole mess everyone needs to understand.

Kat and I and then later with some great help from our friends have been doing this run for several years.

We do it because we truly enjoy introducing folks to a different side of wheeling that is difficult to get into without someone to ease them into it. And doing it without the normal pressures and egos that tend to get in the way of a good day on the trail. That's why it's a rookie run. No expectations on our part except that you be marginally prepared and willing to learn.

This and the Thanksgiving run are our two favorite runs of the season out there.

The effort is minimal when balanced against the enjoyment of watching and helping folks run out there. It's what we enjoy and it's what we do.
                            I am Savvy.

Comment

• Very cool, thanks guys.

Bob
                              "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                              (Charles Wells)

Comment

• I won't be able to make this one. I'll be working out of state (Hawaii).

Comment

Working...
                                X