X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give me a date..
    or is it rookies only?

A further note.
    A jeep on 35's with full lockers front and rear will take most of a day to run any of the big trails out there.. most of them are less than 3 miles long.
    To even think about going I would have:
    1. tires that are at LEAST 35" in GOOD shape with a spare
    2. a winch with a long strap to wrap around rocks for winch points.
    3. serious rocker protection
    4. 2 real lockers. not limited slip
    5. a trailer or tow bar

I usually leave the windshield frame, doors, top, and fender flares at home when I go. About half the time my jeep takes such a pounding that it takes me a month to get it back together, and I run chromoly axle shafts in dana 44's with ARB's front and rear.
    My entire TJ is spray painted from running the hammers.
    Last edited by Elusive; 10-25-06, 12:09 PM.
    It's not what you have. it's what you do with what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
      wish my rig was set up for this.

Have fun all!
      Sheeet, man, my TJ looks like a toy next to theese guy's rigs. I just go and what happens happens. DC is like Vegas; what breaks on DC might just stay on DC.
      Rat
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
        give me a date..
        or is it rookies only?

A further note.
        A jeep on 35's with full lockers front and rear will take most of a day to run any of the big trails out there.. most of them are less than 3 miles long.
        To even think about going I would have:
        1. tires that are at LEAST 35" in GOOD shape with a spare
        2. a winch with a long strap to wrap around rocks for winch points.
        3. serious rocker protection
        4. 2 real lockers. not limited slip
        5. a trailer or tow bar

I usually leave the windshield frame, doors, top, and fender flares at home when I go. About half the time my jeep takes such a pounding that it takes me a month to get it back together, and I run chromoly axle shafts in dana 44's with ARB's front and rear.
        My entire TJ is spray painted from running the hammers.
        Chris,
        soon enough I'll be having spray paint party on my Jeep. Bring a can, beers are on me!
        Rat

Comment

Originally posted by Elusive
          give me a date..
          or is it rookies only?
          the "rookie run" is meant to be a day (or weekend) to introduce folks to the hammers who haven't yet experienced the trails. The pace of the day is laid back, with emphasis on getting the newbies through as unscathed as possible. vets are spaced between rookies and spotters are used generously. rock stacking is not unheard of.

If you'd like to be a part of this I don't see why you couldn't join the group. If you just want to come out with the crew on any given weekend I'd post up on JeepBBS to get the dates, most runs aren't posted publicly.

BTW, your basic requirements are a good start. I always like to add "spares for stuff that breaks..." but who knows what's gonna break this time. also remember plenty of water and a good lunch plus snacks.

FWIW, these runs are alcohol free. no booze while your wheelin'. afterwards... well, that's a different story. :yay:

anyone who shows interest here and who's rig fits the minimum requirements will be pm'd with the specifics of the run.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by steelman
            wish my rig was set up for this.
            I'm not sure you should. :yay:
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
              the "rookie run" is meant to be a day (or weekend) to introduce folks to the hammers who haven't yet experienced the trails. The pace of the day is laid back, with emphasis on getting the newbies through as unscathed as possible. vets are spaced between rookies and spotters are used generously. rock stacking is not unheard of.

All that said, the chances are still fairly high that you sffer body damage, and/or break something. we will do our best to prevent it, but shit still happens. if you cant leave the hammers with a big dent in the side of your rig, AND a smile... this is'nt for you
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                All that said, the chances are still fairly high that you sffer body damage, and/or break something. we will do our best to prevent it, but shit still happens. if you cant leave the hammers with a big dent in the side of your rig, AND a smile... this is'nt for you
                I'm still smiling from DC :cocktail:
                Rat

Comment

ok.....reading the thread here is making me really jealous. I WANT to come and play too. Ok, jeep and I are not qualified, I know.
                  But one day.......................
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

Usually, if there's an available seat, you can ride along. In fact, I recommend it to anyone that is considering running the trails in JV to do this first.

Tam
                    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Cant promise anything, but would love to get on this run. If I can get my crap together by t hen I will be up for it.
                      Supe
                      97 TJ, 4" ProComp, 1" BL & MML, RE Adj. Control Arms, Rear 44 ARB. Front ARB. 35" MT/R's, York OBA
                      Rock-it Man gear, STaK 3 Sp.

Comment

I am ready to go. Hopefully Rat Patrol and AAA will be there also. I would like to go with them again since we had such a good time relaxing in the desert club med. But this time i will camp for the weekend there so i can stay all weekend. I also have access to a trailer in case it is me being broken by the HAMMER!!!! Lets get a date set
                        moon buggy
                        5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Bob, maybe you and I can go see about riding shotgun here! I'd like to visit, take pictures, and all too, but there's no way my rig is setup for there yet either!!!
                          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

What trails do you guy plan on running?? Sledge and Jack or something a little tamer like Aftershock? I have never been, just read alot about the different trails. I would love to go with a group that is experienced with these trails!

I do meet the requirements posted above and would love to see these scary trails!
                            Built Not Bought
                            1986 B2

Comment

Set a date, me and my cruiser are ready to go, Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
                                ok.....reading the thread here is making me really jealous. I WANT to come and play too. Ok, jeep and I are not qualified, I know.
                                But one day.......................
                                Bob,
                                You're welcome to ride along with me. Anytime my freind...
                                Kurt

Comment

Working...
                                X