Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also... camping can be damn cold, so be prepared for that. it is normal to drop into the mid 20's. a couple of weeks ago it went down to 31.
    a tent heater is a nice thing
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
      also... camping can be damn cold, so be prepared for that. it is normal to drop into the mid 20's. a couple of weeks ago it went down to 31.
      a tent heater is a nice thing
      Got tent heaters, 0 Degree sleeping bags, and a reservation at the local hotel...
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

FYI- When he says they leave camp for the trail at 8am, he means it. If you show up in the morning and need to unpack and airdown, give yourself plenty of time to do it.

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
          FYI- When he says they leave camp for the trail at 8am, he means it. If you show up in the morning and need to unpack and airdown, give yourself plenty of time to do it.

Tam

That leaves rick and sarah out.:shades:
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
            Actually, they always get there on time

And since when did you become such a little snipe?
            Last edited by JeepGal; 12-06-06, 08:46 PM.
            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
              They've actually been pretty good lately. Over Thanksgiving we were running behind only because I failed to realize how much longer it took to get a truck and trailer to the campsite. I usually get there in 2 minutes, it took us at least 15.
              myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                Got tent heaters, 0 Degree sleeping bags, and a reservation at the local hotel...
                Hey are you planning on camping there or are you gonna get a motel. i was planning on camping there( in the back of my Box van) That way we can hook up. Is Andrew gonna make this run ?
                moon buggy
                5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

I definately want to go along for this. Do you have a list of required spares/modifications/etc. I am not a rookie, however it has been a while since my TJ has gone thru.

Let me know.

Oh and I'll be out there Dec 16th with some friends if anyone is around.
                  I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
                  Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Beat98TJ View Post
                    I definately want to go along for this. Do you have a list of required spares/modifications/etc. I am not a rookie, however it has been a while since my TJ has gone thru.

Let me know.
                    Originally posted by mrblaine View Post
                    No stock Dana 35's.

Stock axleshafts are welcomed if you show us your spare sets.

Stock steering is welcomed if you show us your spare set.

Hard lockers front and rear.

33" tires minimum and be aware if too many show up, we will downgrade our trail selection to accomodate. 35's are preferred and MT/R's or equivalent.

Winches are not required but are highly welcomed. If you have no winch, please bring a recovery strap, a tree saver, a pair of anchor shackles (D-rings) that work with your rig's mandatory recovery points

A couple of caveats. If you have a manual transmission and a stock transfer case, be prepared for a very long day. Be certain your clutch and battery are in good shape. They will both get a serious work-out.

If you don't have a steering cooler, get one. You can run without one, but you won't like it much.

We have a zero tolerance policy for alcohol outside of camp. In and around camp, enjoy to your heart's content, but if you plan on drinking and driving, don't.

A word to the wise though, if you are prone to hangovers, be aware that alcohol and the desert will dehydrate you miserably and you will most likely not enjoy the next day if you drink too much the night before the run. We don't babysit or offer sympathy for self inflicted pain as we find it quite entertaining.

The trail will be determined by the current trail condition vs. number of rigs and equipment levels thereof. We pre-run the day before and withhold final selection until all factors are considered.
                    the main things are steering and axle shaft spares, as those break most often.

If you don't have something, speak up, maybe someone else can cover it.
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                      the main things are steering and axle shaft spares, as those break most often.

If you don't have something, speak up, maybe someone else can cover it.
                      That was easy. I will get of spare chromo's for the front 44 though, and I have stockers for rear spares.
                      I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
                      Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Beat98TJ View Post
                        That was easy. I will get of spare chromo's for the front 44 though, and I have stockers for rear spares.

cool. I'll add ya to the list. :thumbs_up should be good times. :yay:
                        myJeeprocks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                          Hey are you planning on camping there or are you gonna get a motel. i was planning on camping there( in the back of my Box van) That way we can hook up. Is Andrew gonna make this run ?
                          Stuart,
                          I go solo I'll camp. If I bring someone we'll more likely hotel it in YV.
                          I'll know way before it's time to go.
                          Rat

Comment

Let me know.

You get a free pass. Just show up and we'll cover whatever happens. Looking forward to wheeling with you again.
                            I am Savvy.

Comment

Tell Drew I said hi.
                              I am Savvy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                                Stuart,
                                I'll be staying at the lakebed. Got an RV for the weekend. So load as much fire wood as you can, I'll do the same. Laura is coming with me, we should be ther Friday afternoon. Gonna be fun...
                                C YA

Comment

Working...
                                X