This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeepGal
    Up until about a year and a half ago, Brians Jeep was his daily driver. And he probably ran the the trails out in JV over
    a dozen times.

It really comes down to having spares, a soft foot and learning to have blind faith in your spotter.

Tam
    fixed it for ya. :yay:
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

johnson valley

i'm brand new to MJR. i have never been to johnson valley. sign me up, if the dates are right, i'd like to play.

Comment

Originally posted by socalwheeler
        i'm brand new to MJR. i have never been to johnson valley. sign me up, if the dates are right, i'd like to play.
        Welcome to the board!

Somewhere in this thread there are directions, I think you need to pm Brian and/or Erik the specs of your Jeep and spares.

Tam
        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I'm really tempted to try and make this run. If I get my steering upgrade finished (the box is in, need to finish installing the PS pump and cooler, maybe the ram too) installed in time, I'll be sorely tempted.

I've got spare D44 axleshafts and a spare front Warn hub but no spare complete Warn axleshafts. At least both the front and rear axleshafts are all alloys.

I'm just kinda concerned about my clutch. Shoot the thing has 166K miles on it and it's been smoked a few times. Specially with the stock 2.72 t-case ratio. I don't remember much issue with it before in Sledgehammer during a previous rookie run but the clutch has another 40K miles on it too.

I think the rest of the Jeep is ready... Man I want to make this run!
          The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
            I'm really tempted to try and make this run. If I get my steering upgrade finished (the box is in, need to finish installing the PS pump and cooler, maybe the ram too) installed in time, I'll be sorely tempted.

I've got spare D44 axleshafts and a spare front Warn hub but no spare complete Warn axleshafts. At least both the front and rear axleshafts are all alloys.

I'm just kinda concerned about my clutch. Shoot the thing has 166K miles on it and it's been smoked a few times. Specially with the stock 2.72 t-case ratio. I don't remember much issue with it before in Sledgehammer during a previous rookie run but the clutch has another 40K miles on it too.

We want you to come along Jer.
            92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

I'll add you to the list but you have to agree that if you break a front shaft, and need to use one of my spares (NIB), you will have a replacement of equal condition shipped to my address. :yay:
              myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                I'll add you to the list but you have to agree that if you break a front shaft, and need to use one of my spares (NIB), you will have a replacement of equal condition shipped to my address. :yay:
                you cant ask for more than tht.
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Thank you Brian, that is a very kind offer and I'll take you up on that. To be sure, I'm running Warn's hubs so I'm hoping that's what your outer stub is for. Here's hoping I won't break them this time due to driver-stupidity as I did last time lol. I also think I might take my spare with me this time. Last time I think I used up a half-box of tire plugs plugging that sidewall gash.

And Mat, yes of course you are invited to ride shotgun with me. I am really looking forward to this run and hoping to make it!
                  The Geezer Jeep: http://www.greentractortalk.com/jerryb/index.htm

Comment

Thank you Brian, that is a very kind offer and I'll take you up on that. To be sure, I'm running Warn's hubs so I'm hoping that's what your outer stub is for.
                    you're covered. :wink:
                    Last edited by sarah; 11-18-06, 05:52 PM. Reason: spelling
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Have you picked a date yet? I have a trip planned in mid dec for some friends and I. Rockcrawling, dirtbiking and general tom foolery. The TJ loved the hammers years ago, but hasn't had a successful trip in the last 2 years. Let me know, my streak needs work.
                      I can break a steel ball in a rubber room.
                      Shaffers Offroad - El Diablo III - Soon!

Comment

And Mat, yes of course you are invited to ride shotgun with me. I am really looking forward to this run and hoping to make it!
                        As always, thank you very much Jerry! Hopefully I'll be free when the date arrives!
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Beat98TJ View Post
                          Have you picked a date yet? I have a trip planned in mid dec for some friends and I. Rockcrawling, dirtbiking and general tom foolery. The TJ loved the hammers years ago, but hasn't had a successful trip in the last 2 years. Let me know, my streak needs work.
                          hope to get it finalized this week. December is full, probably early-mid January.
                          myJeeprocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                            hope to get it finalized this week. December is full, probably early-mid January.

I'm actually glad to hear this. I have a lot to do before JV and damn little time to do it. Mid Jan I will be ready for.
                            Rat
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                              I'm actually glad to hear this. I have a lot to do before JV and damn little time to do it. Mid Jan I will be ready for.
                              Rat
                              I'm sad to hear that.. I probably won't make shotgun w/ Jerry. I'm getting married Jan 20th, and will be gone the weekend before (partying in Vegas) and the week after (honeymoon in hawaii) so Jan. is bad for me... Oh well, maybe next time... Everybody take lots of pictures if I end up not making it!!!
                              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

What Day Is This Run

Originally posted by socalwheeler View Post
                                Depending on what day then I might go.
                                "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
                                X