Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry - i meant goodtimes. You aren't the only brian around here
    1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
    My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

• ooooops. sorry rick.:yay:
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

• Rick, yes, and yes. I went this way last year on my way to Denver. It was still an all day drive, and once you get off of 17 up in Flagstaff, it does amount to a lot of 2-lane road going through reservations. But the roads were essentially deserted, and I had no problem holding 80mph most of the way (could have gone faster, but I wan't in that big of a hurry). Once you turn onto north 191 (which is the main drag running through Moab), you get into some area that require you to move slower, but it isn't too bad as I recall. Of course, once I got within 20 miles of Moab, it started snowing, and that sure the heck slowed things down.

The Northern route (I-15 / I-70) will definately be faster if you don't have to put up with the 'vegas traffic on a friday, or coming back on a Sunday, or have the Cajone pass closed down (which is why I went the southern route back in '02).
        olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

• Chris and I came home Vegas the "back way" last week...

Ummmmm...we didnt hit that much traffic, but the majority of the roads are one lane each direction, get behind a truck, and you could be there for a while.

we went through Needles and Laughlin, down through 29 Palms and out the 10.

Im not sure how much time it took us...Im pretty sure that it was longer then 15 with no traffic. I think Chris and I are heading out sometime early Saturday, to avoid the Vegas traffic on Friday. It is our intent to drive straight through...but well see, Im a wuss.

We'd drive out with you guys, but Chris' Jeep tops out at 65, and you guys would leave us in the dust or get really burned out of waiting for us.

OH OH OH...THANKYOU for making me think of it! I was just thinking how nice it would be to have cruise control, and remembered I needed to rehook up my hand throttle! Yet another thing to add to our list of things to do!

Tam
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• I have another to add to the list of things to do - stop in mesquite and buy beer. Being in Utah this weekend reminded me of the "near beer" situation here. There's nothing like being on your third beer and wondering where that warm fuzzy feeling went... I think that in itself might be motivation to go up the 15

:shades:
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

• Near beer? yea, avoid that!
              olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

• Hi Everybody, All is well, just lost most of the sales force last week, leaving me holding the bag. I will miss this trip greatly, but work is making it up. On the flip side, we just found out ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Qubicon
                  Hi Everybody, All is well, just lost most of the sales force last week, leaving me holding the bag. I will miss this trip greatly, but work is making it up. On the flip side, we just found out ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  congrats Dave. Brian is a pretty cool name.:yay:
                  myJeeprocks.com

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepGal

OH OH OH...THANKYOU for making me think of it! I was just thinking how nice it would be to have cruise control, and remembered I needed to rehook up my hand throttle! Yet another thing to add to our list of things to do!

Tam
                    also, just an FYI... if your driving a stick, make sure you disconnect your clutch starter interlink (I think that's what it's called:confused: ). believe me... if you stall on a steep slickrock dome, your brakes might not hold you in position to start the vehicle with the clutch in.
                    myJeeprocks.com

Comment

• anyone want to do this??? Hole in the Rock

just asking 'cause if there's interest I'll bring my tent.
                      myJeeprocks.com

Comment

• how big is that tent Brian?

We werent planning on bringing any camping stuff..should we reconsider?

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

• we aren't bringing any camping gear.
                          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• Originally posted by sarah
                            we aren't bringing any camping gear.
                            are you guys in a cabin, or motel? i have a cabin reserved for the week...
                            >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                            ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• we reserved a cabin for thursday thru sunday nites. we are going to be funpigs!
                              :oink: :oink: :oink:
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

• yay! maybe we will be neighbors danny is coming with me on this trip we have to break him in real good
                                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Working...
                                X