Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rocks are calling!! Calico may 4th weekend :)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacque woke with a sore throat this morning and has felt worse through the day. She and the dogs might not make this trip. Her attendance will be a last minute decision by her.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm still going. There's wheeling to be done and I am having withdrawals!

Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Quantumracer View Post
      Jacque woke with a sore throat this morning and has felt worse through the day. She and the dogs might not make this trip. Her attendance will be a last minute decision by her.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm still going. There's wheeling to be done and I am having withdrawals!

Dan

High Quality chilled Tequilla. 2 shots and a nap. She'll be good to go.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

• LOL!!! She liked your remedy! Myself; I can't drink the stuff. My alter ego, Leroy, comes out, and Leroy hates his clothes!

Comment

• LOL..that's funny...like that song by Kenny Chesney.."that tequilla makes her clothes come off" but (his) in your case
          Jeep Girl

Comment

• Hahahahaha.......exactly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quantumracer View Post
              LOL!!! She liked your remedy! Myself; I can't drink the stuff. My alter ego, Leroy, comes out, and Leroy hates his clothes!
              this thread is getting exotic, dont know if I'm ready for Leroy lol!!! But either way, chilled tequila sounds great!

Comment

• ROTFLMAO!!!

The world will never be truly ready for Leroy!!!

Comment

• Is it Saturday yet?, i can't wait! I have no idea how to get out there, hoping gps can get me close... If anyone else wants to meet up in Barstow and convoy sat morning out to the campsite let me know, I would appreciate it!

Lorie I have straps and a winch so I'll help out whenever I can...

Looking forward to meeting y'all!
                  Brandon
                  Last edited by Marinelj; 05-03-12, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marinelj View Post
                    Is it Saturday yet?, i can't wait! I have no idea how to get out there, hoping gps can get me close... If anyone else wants to meet up in Barstow and convoy sat morning out to the campsite let me know, I would appreciate it!

Lorie I have straps and a winch so I'll help out whenever I can...

Looking forward to meeting y'all!
                    Brandon
                    For the love of God- FINALLY!!!! Longest week ever!! GPS will do ya just fine...honestly between that, the size of the group, my white TJ with the big MJR windshield banner, along with my yellow happy face flag, you really shouldn't miss us..I'll turn my CB on when I get up as well. Also, quite a few more jeeps are coming out Saturday AM. Follow one in

And because of the size of the group, another strap here and there will be helpful, just so we don't have to walk one back and forth. With some of the less moded out Jeeps, we'll probably need them. How much fun are we going to have!!!

TGIF !!!!!!!!

This is our Party!!! I'll be around until 230pm..then I'm blowing this popcorn stand!

~~~~ Weather update~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looks like a little wind Friday night- 20 mph. Less for Saturday. Plan on getting dirty! And don't forget stakes for your tents!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

Hey everybody! A few of you got warmed up this past weekend in HV. Now it's time for some really fun stuff! CALICO !

The address to the ghost town is 36600 Ghost Town Road Yermo, CA 92398. To get to camp, you will pass the huge cowboy that sits out in front of the actual Ghost town and go 100 yards or so. Doran Scenic Rd is on the left. The plan is to camp off Doran Scenic Rd before you go around the bend to the Gatekeeper. We'll run Doran, Odessa, Wall Street, and as time permits, some exploring.

The plan for Friday is a night run, so if you're coming Friday, try and get there in time for it!!

If you want to come out Saturday, we'll leave camp for the trails around 9:30am. It's going to be hot. Bring lots of water! And if everyone camping can bring some wood, that'd be great.

Ideally, 33's and at least 1 locker makes things easier..if you don't have that, and are running "stockier", no problem..you'll probably just require some help in a couple places. You do want to have some armor, (sliders) or risk some possible body damage.

Look for my yellow happy face flag. I'm a white TJ. American Flag flying driver with a My Jeep Rocks windshield banner.

CB- Ch 4. ( I don't get cell service once out in the canyon.)

1.) I H8RDS- Lorie ***Friday @ approx 6:00-630pm ish

2.) RadarRob2012 & Jess and Boyfriend *** Friday

3.) Jerry97tj *** Saturday

4.) Jerry97tj friend #1 ***Saturday

5.) Jerry97tj friend #2 ***Saturday

6.) JK08- Danny *** Saturday plus possible friends

7.) donbadabon *** Saturday

8.) BRANDONT ***Saturday

9.) Marinelj and his wife *** Saturday

10.) toycrawler5481 ***Friday----possible buddy in tow

11.) Ross and Lisa ***Friday

12.) Quantumracer-Dan and Jacque ***Friday

13.) XMRacer ***Friday

14.) XMRacer's buddy ***Friday

15.) Bear..Wrangler *** Trying for Friday night

16.) JRickW *** Saturday

MAYBE:

1. exployerlyon *** Saturday
                    2. BChip *** Saturday
                    Last edited by I H8RDS; 05-04-12, 07:40 AM.
                    Jeep Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Marinelj View Post
                      II have no idea how to get out there, hoping gps can get me close...
                      It's actually pretty easy, and GPS gets you real close. Looks like you'll be riding the 15 up. Just get off at GHOST TOWN ROAD just past Barstow and hang left. Then it's the first turnoff past the giant Ghost Town wooden cowboy.

Comment

• That was awesome! Thanks everyone for a wonderful time. I've never learned that much about recovery in two days of wheeling before. We had quite a few challenges to overcome, and everyone contributed to the solutions. It's nice to wheel with folks that refuse to leave anyone behind....even if it takes us till 2am to get back to camp, or, in Jason's case, costs us a windshield!!! BTW...CONGRATULATIONS for making it DOWN gatekeeper!

I look forward to wheeling with you all again!!!
                        Last edited by Quantumracer; 05-06-12, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Oh...I have a bunch of pics and some video. I leave for memphis (work related) tomorrow morning. I will have the pics/video ready next Thursday/Friday. PM me your email address and I will shoot them directly to you! If anyone wants to share what they took with me I would appreciate it! Twogoatsracing@gmail.com

HOOYAH!!!
                          Dan

Comment

• Recovery? Will be interesting to see the pics of this trip. Hope nobody was hurt, and there was no serious damage.

Comment

• Thanks again for letting us tag along! I have a bunch of pictures, I'll start a wheeling photobucket and post the link up so everyone can copy them... I had a great time, I am definitely hooked! I need to buy some camping gear so I can stay the full weekend! Can't wait to go again!

Brandon

Comment

• Hi Lor's....so I joined this...cool to know they are local peeps! course anyone within a 100 mi radius of me I figure is local!! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X