X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COLOR="Sienna"]HOLY CRAP

Almost forgot..

Sarah, where did you get the tent heater thingy...how much was it...and it really does work right?[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Come on Nick a tough Marine does not need a tent heater

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post
        Thats what I was thinking. O'well. I guess I'll return that bottle of Patron.

Don't return it. We will need it to properly play the alphabet game around the campfire again.
        "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Come on Nick a tough Marine does not need a tent heater
          [COLOR="Sienna"]The Mrs. "didn't sign up for this sh..."[/COLOR]

Comment

she can snuggle with you in your sleeping bag

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
              [COLOR="Sienna"]HOLY CRAP

Almost forgot..

Sarah, where did you get the tent heater thingy...how much was it...and it really does work right?[/COLOR]
              I know it's still a few week's away, but I have an extra tent heater I will bring along just in case.

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Sarah, where did you get the tent heater thingy...how much was it...and it really does work right?[/COLOR]
                I think we bought it from Tammy & Chris who got it at Big 5. It was around 50 bucks. Pretty sure it's by Coleman. I can try to find it if you want, but I think as long as you stay around that price range you should be good. A canister of fuel usually lasts until about dawn or a little before. They do a great job of taking the edge off of the cold, but by no means will it be "warm" in your tent - at least it wasn't in ours, and we covered the top vents with towels hehe. But I have never been cold in my sleeping bag with it on. Last year at IDTT it was a total lifesaver for me! It took me a night or two at first to get past the fact that I was sleeping next to a flaming metal heater though
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

I,ve noticed in the past that if you drink alot of beer and about 6 shots of Patron you,ll drift into a coma and don,t notice the cold..lol..it works..
                  "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

FYI - those Coleman tent heaters say to not leave on while sleeping and to make sure to have at least a 6"x6" air vent.

Everytime I've tried to use one they haven't been worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                      I,ve noticed in the past that if you drink alot of beer and about 6 shots of Patron you,ll drift into a coma and don,t notice the cold..lol..it works..
                      lol. there is nothing like falling asleep drunk up at kern river when it is cold as hell.
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]This morning...there was a sheet of ice on our bird bath... Barb's a tough one...but she's pledging to bring extra blankets this year. We'll have to make our vehicle wind barrier again Sarah.[/COLOR]

Comment

lol. there is nothing like falling asleep drunk up at kern river when it is cold as hell.
                          Only problem really then in the morning istead of wanting warth ya wanna die!!LOL
                          "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]This morning...there was a sheet of ice on our bird bath... Barb's a tough one...but she's pledging to bring extra blankets this year. We'll have to make our vehicle wind barrier again Sarah.[/COLOR]
                            Sounds like a plan! But I'm really really really hoping it warms up by then. It got below freezing last night here too. I got some hand warmers as a gift this winter (the nice kind that have a live flame inside) so I'll surely be bringing those either way. I can try putting them in my sleeping bag before I go to bed like I think Kurt had mentioned before - what a great idea!

To others: let's try to keep this thread on topic please. It's going to be long enough by the time the trail run gets here.
                            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Geebo View Post
                              Very true statement,..might have a cold a few days later but at the time it works.....M
                              "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]Okay, it's "official".

Barb and I will probably drive out Friday, spend the night Friday and be trail riding Saturday. Must leave Saturday night as I have work Sunday morning.

But I will have some Gumbo.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X