Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jason View Post
    That is going to be a sweet a$$ CJ. You know my jeep is going to live in your garage after Nick moves out. ��
    Hahaa. Take a number. I really need a shop.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• More pics. Seat back bar and grab bars installed and fender work

20141004_142331 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Hood cut for high line

20141004_142341 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Initial fit up
      20141004_153433 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Progess
      20141004_174708 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Should have some more pics later tonight.

Comment

• Looks like a flare setup simular to REV111/ Metal clunk. Is the piece of tube that sticks out going to be removable? That's going to be a sticking out Grille destroyer

Comment

• Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Looks like a flare setup simular to REV111/ Metal clunk. Is the piece of tube that sticks out going to be removable? That's going to be a sticking out Grille destroyer
          yep. Tube is cut to 3". The flares are going to be removable and will fit into the tube as a socket joint. Rev wishes their shit was this cool. Wnd it looks like my designs are popular all over. Look at Claytons off road expo post on fb. The display a.front axle truss exacy like the one I made for nicks front axle. Over a year ago. Nice.

Comment

• It's been a while since I updated the post but not because I haven't been doing anything. Been busy as Hell on this CJ and some other roll cage projects.

Nick's CJ is getting closer and closer. The last few weekends have been concentrated on getting the suspension and frame set for good. Also taking care of some last minute decisions on the cage and also the front fenders. We have the wiring harness, York pump, PS pump and other accessories in hand and ready to be mounted. So here are some pics of the frame, cage, Jeep at final ride height, ect.

Final frame reinforcements.
            20141109_090941 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

The grill needed to be shortened a tad to fit the overall lines and also to accept a 3 row aluminum racing radiator.
            20141109_090932 by MJR RAT, on Flickr
            I'll show the grill when it's finished.

Hey, a man has got to eat right?
            20141108_120803 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Cage out and ready for finish welding. I was really surprised how light it is. Really did not expect that. Way under 200 lbs.
            20141109_153718 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

20141109_153732 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Ride height is perfect. Once all the weight is back onboard is will sit at 22" at the frame.
            20141109_161146 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

20141109_161200 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

20141109_161228 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Tub, hood, tail gate and frame are getting sent out to blaster for cleaning in the next week or so.

More to come...

Comment

• This has been one hell of a project. Looking good, guys. One question though.... Will there be more triangulation on the cage before paint?
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

• Question on the seats earlier back, looks like they have a mechanism to slide forward and backwards, is that apart of the seat itself? or something separate? I'd debating on hard mounting the seats in my TJ, or using some sort of slider.
                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

• Originally posted by NAILER341 View Post
                  This has been one hell of a project. Looking good, guys. One question though.... Will there be more triangulation on the cage before paint?
                  Kurt had mentioned more triagulation. I'm not sure if we will do a little more on the harness bar behind the seat, or a second bar under the doorsills. It's in the discussion.

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                  Question on the seats earlier back, looks like they have a mechanism to slide forward and backwards, is that apart of the seat itself? or something separate? I'd debating on hard mounting the seats in my TJ, or using some sort of slider.

The slider came with the seat. I know Barb is going to want to drive the old girl so I figured using the sliders was a good idea.
                  [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                  Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

• Looking great! I like the chopped grill, looks just right.

Originally posted by daniel_buck View Post
                    Question on the seats earlier back, looks like they have a mechanism to slide forward and backwards, is that apart of the seat itself? or something separate? I'd debating on hard mounting the seats in my TJ, or using some sort of slider.
                    I mounted my seats with stock TJ sliders, I have never moved the seats. It is rare that anyone else drives the Opy so the drivers seat stays put and the passenger seat is always all the way back since there isn't that much extra leg room anyway. I keep thinking about taking them out to lower the seats by an inch for a bit more headroom on the cage.

Comment

• Wow ain't been on MJR for a while! Work @#%**(@#... Have lots of pics I'll get loaded up tomorrow. CJ is torn apart and waiting to go to the beadblaster. We have turned a corner here. There is talk about having the CJ ready to run up Doran Gatekeeper for a maiden run for IDTT. Well ya'all take a DEEEEEP breath and hold it and maybe that will come true

Lata

Comment

• The holidays are over, time to get back to work. Picked up one Naked Jeep today. The sheet metal is in excellent condition compared to what we thought was buried under all that rust and paint. A little sheet metal massage and some primer and this puppy will look new. The work should start flowing fast and furious now so I'll try to stay updated here with pics. Sorry for the fast: been working on other projects while the CJ was getting naked.

Loading up
                        20150115_124558 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

20150115_124526 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Amazingly good condition considering
                        20150115_124514 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

20150115_124507 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Back in the operating room. Operation butt lift begins!
                        20150115_180944 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Comment

• That place is 3 blocks from my house. I could have walked over and peed on it if I'd have known.
                          "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

• I just invested in a small powder coat system and it works very well. I'm coating a bunch of stuff for the CJ and as soon as they cool I'll take pics.

Comment

• Pedal Tree and pedals. Will be doing the knuckles, control arms, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

20150127_130811 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

20150127_130828 by MJR RAT, on Flickr

Once I get the process down pat I'll offer powder coating for anyone looking for it. Plan is to build an oven large enough to do bumper tire carrier size projects.

Comment

• Dang, that's cool! I might hit you up with a bunch of small parts to powder coat. Every time I spray paint something, it doesn't last very long, haha Can you powder coat aluminum?
                                [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                                www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Working...
                                X