Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP 231 replacement with Klune V and Bronco Dana 20 update... stretch soon to follow

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not sure if this is where I am supposed to put this stuff on the Forum but I am just going to keep dumping my random pics and details in this thread. Random is the story of my life

5:30 am I headed up to Gorman to help Tom Severin and his beginner off road 101 class. This is how I got started a year and half ago!!!
    Was snowing in Gorman when we got there... and the wind was NO fun that day!
    glad my doors were on and my heater still works!

Then a little maintenance on my CB antenna and mount when I got home.... I guess i need a new cable???

Great day in Rancho Palos Verdes on Sunday...

It's always more fun to go topless...

a little time getting red with Red

Spent yesterday playing with a new toy and my dual ARB's and 2.5gallon air tank....

it took my close to 2 hours and a few beers to get this far... I finally gave up...

I am going to either to to Harbor freight and buy an angle grinder for $10.00 or go to Dan's shop and steal some of his air and keep playing with my air cutter
    Last edited by vwtipeii; 04-17-12, 08:45 AM.

Comment

My HF angle grinder has lasted me years longer then I thought it would. Make sure you grab a flap wheel to smooth out those edges, and cutting wheels to get the job done.
      It was like that when I got here.

Comment

You can get a electrics 4 1/2" grinder for about $19 when on sale or < with coupons @ HF and some cut off wheels for a bit more. Probably do that job in 5 min or less with the 4 1/2" plug in the wall unit. Small angle air die grinder will work but as you found out you need a good air supply. Funny thing is my onboard air (home built wannabe kilby) will put out more air than my home craftsman air compressor. Its just I only have a gallon tank. It will zip my wheels off with my 3/8 snapon gun and fill my aired down(10psi)35inch tires to 30 psi in ~ a minute each at idle which is all I need. Love that thing!

Comment

Put together an interior cargo rack today. Thanks Jonah! Brett came by. Put him on the angle grinder. He's a natural.
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Saw the pics you posted of your rack... looks great man! just zip in a few eye bolts and you will be fine for tie downs.

Comment

VW, that's a good looking Jeep. I put undercarriage lights on my "frivilous things for the Jeep" list.
              2004 TJ X
              Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

I've looked through this thread to see how much it stretched front and rear. I see your total at 100". How much of that is in the front, and what did you have to do with your panhard rod?
                God forgives, rocks don't
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Thanks guys. I am pretty sure the front is pushed out 2-3' and the rear is 5" or so. We have measured and verified the 100" And I am sorry to say I don't know what a Panhard Rod is. I assume it is someting in my front suspension so I will google it and take some pictures once I figure out what it is and where it went

I had a great weekend with Nikos and Jonah. I figured both of these guys were the biggest electrical nerds on the forum so why not get them together to see what fun we could have with my Jeep. Also it is Jonah's fault for the mods below... I saw them on his Jeep first. Kurt has the same set up, I am going to order 3 more rolls or 45' of the strips and finish off: behind the grill, under the Jeep and I was even thinking about adding some strips and a battery back to my sweatshirt so I can look like the Jabbawookies...

Before I show the pics, I am sorry about the poor quality of the pictures from my BBerry phone with a slight crack in the lense..and trying to take pictures at night without the flash. It is bad as though in person!!!

Here goes... before:

After 6 hours of work with Jonah and Nikos= 1 light strip in the front pass cross bar:

After another 6 hours with Jonah:

Front w Rock lights on too "why not":

Pass side:

rear.. notice how good the light under my tool box appears:

i can't thank Jonah and Nikos enough for all their help this weekend. I did actually do some soldering too but Jonah and Nikos are the brain children behind this set up. I am sooo prepared for night wheeling and camping now. I can't wait to see yall out there soon!

Comment

You ordered the wrong stuff. Might as well order RGB controllable pixels... that's what all the cool kids are doing:
                    http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/7...0-SMD-RGB.html

:devil:
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

In a rare display of restraint Brett went with the plain white, but he still has the dancing rock lights so don't worry!

Good times soldering, think we only got one burn apiece.

Comment

Ask the chauffer where's the bar is in that jeep LOL.
                        Last edited by Jeeperator; 04-30-12, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                          You ordered the wrong stuff. Might as well order RGB controllable pixels... that's what all the cool kids are doing:
                          http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/7...0-SMD-RGB.html

:devil:
                          I will say.. this may be an actually decent rock light... water proof w ss housing... and only $17 bucks so cheap who cares when you smash one..
                          http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/7...-housing-.html

Comment

Ok everyone... its been some time since I gave you something to make fun of me for doing... so let's get back into it.

I just got off the phone with Haik from Brothers 4x4 in Claremont. I have officially given him the green light to order the 4.7l stroker from 505 performance http://www.shop.505performance.com/p...&categoryId=34 as well as complete the new Dana 44 w RCV shafts, ARB and locking hubs, hydro assist http://www.pscmotorsports.com/87-89-...ssist-kit.html. i also am going with the Method Beadlock wheels http://www.methodracewheels.com/products-custom-parts/ . I am going with the wheel in the top left corner of the page with a red beadlock ring to match my diff covers and Jerry Cans.

Yes, I could have saved money and asked yall to help me. I know Haik and Gaspar will do a great job again. She is going in after turkey day and I should have her back before xmas.

If anyone needs my current wheels, or Dana 30 w all the goodies just yell at me.

Brett

Comment

[COLOR="#800000"]Did someone get their Christmas bonus early this year?[/COLOR]
                              [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                              Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

lol... NOPE... I just need to spend money to motivate myself to go make more money...

Nothing motivates you more than the fear of death and debt!

Comment

Working...
                                X