Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP 231 replacement with Klune V and Bronco Dana 20 update... stretch soon to follow

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blktjsport View Post
    I vote for a savvy aluminum bumper, and as far as the mml is concerned I would go with the brown dog with ultra flex rubber whatever u get don't go with poly or the vibes will make u hate ur jeep. Jeep looks good (for a yj) jk lol
    That's no longer a yj... its looking more like a tj. Just messing with you Brett.:-)

Comment

Your baby done yet? it needs some trail time Brett

Comment

Pretty much done... Haik is going to take her on a long road test today to wrap things up. I can pick her up late tonight or tomorrow. I want to head out and watch KOH tomorrow.. anyone else heading out tonight?

Oh... check out the cake Laura made for me.. it's in the off topic thread!

Comment

going to pick up my lil YJ today... still waiting on the longer rock sliders from Genright but enough is enough. I am doing a shakedown Sat morning with Tom Severin and a few other Jeeps in JV on Sat morning. I picked up a set of the new seats to make the ride even more enjoyable now that i have all this work done: http://www.corbeau.com/products/recl...eats/baja_xrs/
          i hope to post some pics later on today...

Comment

Have fun, get that Jeep Hammer ready :-)

Comment

I picked up the jeep on Friday. Wow... what a difference the Antirock and SW make on the highway! also, so nice to just grab the SW and in 2 seconds the ride is adjusted from highway to off road. If you look at pics, I don't think articulation is affected much while running the SW in front. Infact, during the shakedown I had so much flex on the driverside front that i bent down the break line tab :0. We ran around in JV most of yesterday with Tom Severin. He let me tag along for one of his Rock Crawling classes. Let me know what yall think!

Oh, the coolest part was being able to go from the 4.0/1 low range to the 9.25 low range. It will crawl sooo slowly it gives plenty of time to make small adjustments and with the 100" wheel base i can go pretty much wherever I want. I did almost roll it backwards though trying a very steep wall. I think the weight of the spare still hinders me when crawling extreme verts.

pics in a few...
              B

Dales nice stretched Rubi done by JC Fab...

almost the right line...

SW flex...

failed climb attempt...

fun day...

a few scrapes along the way... oh well... my paint job wasn't the best anyway

Looking forward to TDS.... did a few fixes today when I got home.. swapped bad regulator in ARB, swapped shock adjuster and tighted up about 6 loose bolts from shakedown and removed center console so seat belt will work with new Corbeau Baja XRS seats...

Love my little Jeepie
              Last edited by vwtipeii; 02-26-12, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Looks great! You like that RED dif cover. You can really tell the difference in the front, on your failed climb. Before your front would unload on something like that. Where gonna have to get out soon.
                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Glad to hear that all the mod's are working so well. TDS is a good place to check out the flex. Congrats on the build.
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Good to see you had a blast, I like the center strap lol.

Comment

Looking good! Definitely a much better ride height. Can't wait to see it work in person.

Comment

One of the next things on the list that need to be adjusted asap is the front bumper. I stuffed the 37" tire in the bumper several times to the point where I couldn't even turn the wheel. Not good! The question is... do I sell the ARB or just cut out the sections on both ends that get me hung up? i love the bumper and think the bumper give my YJ a distinct look. Everyone is running around with stubbies these days so I would like to see if I can keep something that keep my jeep looking a little unique for a YJ. Once I decide to go up to 40's (someday far away) I will not be able to use the ARB Bull bar and will be forced to go with a different bumper. It will be hard to sell the ARB once I cut it. So do a just get a new bumper now or sell the ARB Bull bar now and get something different? My wallet would like me to just cut the ARB Bull bar for now... but is that the best move in the long run???

One more question... should I paint the Jeep? I currently have at least 3 different shades of "black" lol. See below:

I like my Hammer Finish Black from Rustoleum I used on my rear corners and flares. Should I just sand down the doors and hood, use the same color on the rock sliders, tube fenders over the power coating? Do it myself or just take it to Earl Sheib? I know it is going to be banged up so I don't care about some love scars...
                        Last edited by vwtipeii; 02-26-12, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
                          One of the next things on the list that need to be adjusted asap is the front bumper. I stuffed the 37" tire in the bumper several times to the point where I couldn't even turn the wheel. Not good! The question is... do I sell the ARB or just cut out the sections on both ends that get me hung up? i love the bumper and think the bumper give my YJ a distinct look. Everyone is running around with stubbies these days so I would like to see if I can keep something that keep my jeep looking a little unique for a YJ. Once I decide to go up to 40's (someday far away) I will not be able to use the ARB Bull bar and will be forced to go with a different bumper. It will be hard to sell the ARB once I cut it. So do a just get a new bumper now or sell the ARB Bull bar now and get something different? My wallet would like me to just cut the ARB Bull bar for now... but is that the best move in the long run???
                          Cut it, save the pieces you cut of, you can always weld them back on touch it with a grinder and paint it and nobody would be any wiser. So how much more well behaved is your little Jeep now with the shorter legs?

Comment

good point... night and day difference! You heading to TDS?

Comment

Not much for these large events, Truckhaven and Ocotillo wells are fun wheelin areas though.
                              About the only group event I like is IDTT, the MJR folks are very dear to me

Comment

Looks like you put the money in all the right places. Wouldn't the center strap be better to run behind the drag link? It looks like if you dropped the axle far enough that it would pull on the joint at the end of the pitman arm.
                                God forgives, rocks don't
                                -sons of thunder

Comment

Working...
                                X