Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP 231 replacement with Klune V and Bronco Dana 20 update... stretch soon to follow

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks good, I bet you're gonna be excited when you get called to pick it up.

Comment

Looks good Brett, once it's dialed in it should ride sweet.
      God forgives, rocks don't
      -sons of thunder

Comment

NICE Jeep Brett!! I am starting to think about the Atlas....altho I want a long arm...then I would want a stretch....man too many things all interconnected...might just put it up on stands and start chipping away...dont want to spend money on a lift only to redo back with stretch later and then theres the driveshaft length and oh then there's do I beef up my D44's or wait again and sell them and get beefier axles.....SIGH!

Comment

Originally posted by JeepinLA Eh View Post
          NICE Jeep Brett!! I am starting to think about the Atlas....altho I want a long arm...then I would want a stretch....man too many things all interconnected...might just put it up on stands and start chipping away...dont want to spend money on a lift only to redo back with stretch later and then theres the driveshaft length and oh then there's do I beef up my D44's or wait again and sell them and get beefier axles.....SIGH!
          Some LA kits have a stretch option, like my full traction. That way, you can kill 2 birds with one stone, then, you only have to do the rear drive shaft once. Also, the kits will usually work with, both, a 35 or a 44. Just a thought
          It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I went to visit Jeepy today. She was lonely and kept calling me in the middle of the night but wouldn't say anything when I answered...

Progress has been somewhat slower than I would ideally like but I think the end product is going to be great. Haik sent back the TJ hydro bump stops to Teraflex and is having them customized to reduce their overall height. This way we can lower the ride hight pretty much back to stock levels. In fact, the springs right now are stock TJ height and this is 3" less than I had when I brough Jeepy in. It looks like there is a big arrow on the Rancho RX9000 pointing down. This means they are mounted upside down.. oops and the good news is that by flipping them right side up the little knob will no longer be on the bottom meeting face first with on coming rocks

Ideally I will have the jeep back by next Friday in time to take her out to JV before KOH. There wasn't really enough notable changes to take pictures of and post at this time. Hopefully the BSs will be in Haik's hands tomorrow and we can finalize the ride height and put her back together. Pics to follow then!

Comment

Will be nice to see it go down the trails with the wheels on the ground

Comment

hear things are "moving along".... that's all I got...

Comment

got some progress reports today. Of course the speedo cable to work between the YJ and the Bronco Dana 20 has been a complete mess. I called the guys at North Hollywood Speedo and told them my exact situation and asked them to do whatever it was they needed to do to make my mechanical speedo gear work with my electronic YJ speedo... I gave them the required pusles for the YJ. Of course what they sent was wrong and wrong 3 times... twice when the TC was being put in and now again w the stretch being finished. But Haik and crew is on top of it and $250 more and it should all be fixed up again...

Here are some pics of the progress. The ride height should be 3" lower than when we started and should have as much if not more articulation. I hope yall like the diff cover

I don't think the JKS Switchbade is installed yet... or I can't make it out if it is... but pretty good articulation.

It appears the rear Currie antirock is now installed in the rear...

it appears the rear shock mounting point is still being sorted out. I asked to try to out board the shocks AMAP, the hydro bumps seem to work well but i don't like how off center they are from the pad.

Comment

Looks very nice Brett. The bumbstop does look a little off, but time will tell. And what do they say?
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

much nicer diff compared to the old rusty version!

shouldn't be too long now...jinx.

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                        Looks very nice Brett. The bumbstop does look a little off, but time will tell. And what do they say?
                        With the way the bumpstops are mounted there is not much you can do to get them centered at full flex, going to have to live with that or move them outside of the springs and use bigger pads

Comment

The final ride height is being sorted out. No Jeep for this weekend. Looking good though. I like how much lower the Jeep sits now. Issue is that now the ARB Bull bar and 37's are "too close friends" for my liking. I may have to find another bumper.

Anyone looking for an ARB Bull Bar w IPF Fogs and DL's with Warn M8000 winch (hardless used)???

you can see the JKS Switch Blade peeking through...

Comment

Looks great Brett. The new wheelbase and ride height will make a world of diff on the trail. Keep the winch, and mount it on a savvy aluminum crawler bumper. That would give a much better approach, make room for your tires, loose alot of weight, and will be a nice accessory to match your wheels.
                            It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I would buy the Warn 9500 with SL upgrade all around!

Comment

I vote for a savvy aluminum bumper, and as far as the mml is concerned I would go with the brown dog with ultra flex rubber whatever u get don't go with poly or the vibes will make u hate ur jeep. Jeep looks good (for a yj) jk lol

Comment

Working...
                                X