Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NP 231 replacement with Klune V and Bronco Dana 20 update... stretch soon to follow

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem your having, is the reason alot of us have the stubby bumper. I vote for cut it.

Don't paint it. You said you like character. Thats it. Or at least wait til Shieb is having a special. I got my YJ done for 300. Just make sure you strip it as much as you can b4 you give it to them Also, put blue tape and make it "No Paint" on any place you don't want sprayed. They sprayed my plastic door handles.
    It was like that when I got here.

Comment

I dropped off the Jeep at Leadfoot Josh's shop near Clairmont. I saw another YJ with the same tire carrier as mine from Body Armor back in October on Cleghorn. The YJ had a rack that Josh had fabbed for him. I was going to go with a Harbor Freight Cheapy but I think it makes sense to build a quality cage. Once I get it back the 50" light bar will be mounted above the windshield and the rack mounted. Some wiring for all the lights and camera system and I should be good for a while... little while I am sure

Comment

Here are some pics of the progress with the YJ. The thing looks soooo mean I love it! Josh at Leadfoot offroad has been doing an amazing job!!! All of the metal work has been coated with the Rustoleum Hammer Finish "black" paint. It looks perfect on my YJ and matches the rear stretch corners. I may paint the whole Jeep with that stuff at some point.

New rack with 5 pod flood lights. Each will have its own switch:

New Fulkerson Fabrication 50" LED light bar... looks stock!

I am looking forward to trying out the lights at the MJR event in Calico in 2 weeks... night run anyone???
        Last edited by vwtipeii; 03-20-12, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Remind me not to be in front of you during that night run. If I am Im sure Ill need sunblock and suglasses lol.

Comment

Brett is going to light the way up gatekeeper for us :-)
            Looks sweet, Josh does very nice work

Comment

Wow nice lights, gonna need some sunblock near those things. Never met you or saw your jeep in person but looks nice

Comment

Originally posted by Hook&Ladder View Post
                Wow nice lights, gonna need some sunblock near those things. Never met you or saw your jeep in person but looks nice
                Thank you Hook! I assure you the Jeep is much prettier than the owner I hope to meet and wheel with you soon!

Comment

I was with Brett when he bought the lightbar. KOH special, in hammertown. That lightbar is not straight, it has a curve in it. As the lights
                  move away from center, they are pointing more, and more to the right or left, respectively. This means the lightbar has a much wider coverage area, then a bar that is pointing, straight fwd. Its a nice piece. It's damn near indistructable too.
                  It was like that when I got here.

Comment

She's deffinately getting there...

Comment

bought a pair of these to help soften the bumps in the front....

http://f-o-a.com/shop/index.php?main...products_id=25

Thanks to Chuck for the idea of using FOA... their prices are much more affordable than much of their competition. I paid $297 for 2 2.0 bump stops, pre charged and that includes shipping and the holder sleeves.

Comment

got another visit today from the Easter Bunny...

Comment

Had Dan take off the cracked 16+ year old Borla header today... we found it was welded completely through as one long piece...

not so great welds I had on the cherrybomb...

Dan and crew did a great job installing the new Borla Header:

After Dan installed the Header I got to drive down to Baja Muffler and had Tony n crew finish the install of the high flow Cat, and Flow Master Short Single Chamber Muffler. They did a great job at keeping the muffler tucked in under the belly plate and away from the articulating long arms:

nice welds;

I am very happy with the results of the Borla header, hi flow cat, and Flow Master Muffler... I can feel the low end torque a bit more off the line. The Jeep is still VERY loud though.. perfect for not having to chat with the girl on long trips

Comment

Came out nice Skeeter

Comment

Art... wanna help me with this one... I just had my next goodie bag delivered today

I must give props to Chuck for the idea of going to FOA for my new air bumps for the front axle. I am running the Teraflex hydro bumps in the rear.

Comment

I should be able to glue those on Skeeter

Comment

Working...
                                X