Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh yeah, let's see some 3b pics!!

Comment

• Ok, my rad core is 19" wide and 15" tall. Overall dimensions are 19" wide by 20"tall. It is not the size of a CJ5 stocker, so I have no idea.

Comment

• Well, I messed with my brakes last night.

Went to 3/4" MC for front and 7/8" MC for rear. Easier pedal, but the pedal would go to the floor. I was still able to lock up the rears first. But it was a lot better stopping.

Switched to 7/8" MC for the front and 1" for rears. Pedal got a little harder, but wouldn't go to the floor. Stopping good, but I could still lock up the back first. I have a tiny bit of bias adjustment left, going to adjust all the way to the front but I don't think there is enough.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and redo the set up with power. It stops fine, but it takes a fair bit of leg power. I think it will get old after a while. My main restriction is I only have about 5" of width for the MC in the engine compartment. I am going to check out the Astro hydro and see if that will fit.

I did get a good starter installed. The first one was bad off the shelf. That is what I get for going to that autoparts chain that will remain unnamed.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
          Well, I messed with my brakes last night.

Went to 3/4" MC for front and 7/8" MC for rear. Easier pedal, but the pedal would go to the floor. I was still able to lock up the rears first. But it was a lot better stopping.

Switched to 7/8" MC for the front and 1" for rears. Pedal got a little harder, but wouldn't go to the floor. Stopping good, but I could still lock up the back first. I have a tiny bit of bias adjustment left, going to adjust all the way to the front but I don't think there is enough.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and redo the set up with power. It stops fine, but it takes a fair bit of leg power. I think it will get old after a while. My main restriction is I only have about 5" of width for the MC in the engine compartment. I am going to check out the Astro hydro and see if that will fit.

I did get a good starter installed. The first one was bad off the shelf. That is what I get for going to that autoparts chain that will remain unnamed.
          So how are you looking for this weekend? I'll be at Mike and Sharon's tomorrow night so we can fly up the mountain on Saturday for AAT. If you think you'll want to go dirty up the wheels call me and I'll just hang out with M&S again Sat.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

• She is running pretty well. I have been driving it around town and it is doing fine. If I can get some bump stops on it tomorrow I will be in good shape. I have to try out my tow vehicle and see how it pulls, I will do that tomorrow too. I will give you a call then.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonah View Post
              She is running pretty well. I have been driving it around town and it is doing fine. If I can get some bump stops on it tomorrow I will be in good shape. I have to try out my tow vehicle and see how it pulls, I will do that tomorrow too. I will give you a call then.
              you can use the trailer if you want.

Comment

• Recently seen on a trail near you:

I saw this Jeep on an actual dirt road today. I think he's a poser, not sure... Someone needs to get some pictures up or this never happened!!! Congrats Jonah. The smile on your face was classic!

Comment

• Dude, I have been busy searching for Dana 30 gears! Let me get these pics uploaded really quick.

Comment

• The BIG day!!

Alright, today was the day to take the jeep to the dirt!
                    Kurt, Mike and Steve took me out to Lytle Creek to do some easy fire roads to test out the jeep.

Getting read to leave Mike and Sharon's place. Thanks for the hospitality!!

We made it about 10 minutes from the house and the first problem struck. Ignition died. After some trouble shooting and a trip to the FLAPS for a new coil and condenser we were back on the road.

Hitting the trail!

Steve's big Ford!

All smiles!

Just a little posing!

Kurt explaining why his jeep just broke. TC go boom, Ouch!

Only one big problem. My axles were bought as a set with 4.56 gears. I checked the rear ratio, but never the front. Mistake. Put it in 4WD, bound up in about 5 feet. Long story short, I have 3.73s in front and 4.56 in back...

So we packed it in. I had a great day, it was a ton of fun getting in the dirt. Overall the Jeep is feeling good, just a few little things to sort. Thanks for the great day guys!!!

Comment

• Sweet pics! Man that Jeep looks good. Nice and steady on the road and respectable flex on the umm, tower footings
                      I think you're ready for JV!
                      I'm pretty sure the front output bearing grenaded. Lots of chunks of metal in the oil. I'll have it out and apart tomorrow.

Glad you baby worked as good as it did. But I was a little disapointed I didn't get a cigar

Comment

• I knew I was forgetting something! My humidor is a little low, ok, empty

Good luck on the TC, I just saw them do an upgrade on a 231 on xtreme4x4. I think they used some 241 parts?? Wider chain and some other stuff. (edit: found the episode: http://powerblocktv.com/video/?ep_nu...-12&ep_show=XT, all JB conversions parts - sounds expensive).
                        Last edited by jonah; 10-17-10, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Thanks for the awesome pics Mike!!

<---- I like the new avatar!!

Comment

• Jonah, Just a thought, I remember in my hot rod days occasionally, to hide the master cylinder some guys located them under the floor and used floor mount pedals. Yeah, it'd be in a bit of danger, but a skid plate could take care of that. Also, I'm sure you could set up a trap door to fill it. Seeing your results, your only limits are space and your imagination. Your skills are definitely not a limitation. GREAT JOB!!!
                            God forgives, rocks don't
                            -sons of thunder

Comment

• Thanks 6spd. You know, maybe I shouldn't have welded up the original floor pedal holes!! I actually have a plan for hydroboost, but I have to go do some measuring at the pick a part. Might have to go with a hydrovac unit, but I tell you, I don't have much space anywhere right now, unless I move my exhaust...

But the manual brakes are working fine for now, so no real rush. I have to get this axle gearing taken care of first thing.

Comment

• I really like this pic:

Comment

Working...
                                X