Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks great Kevin. You'll be rolling in know time.
    Check out .

Comment

• thanks guys, it will be rollin but not steerin LOL, i also got this shifter, it will be set back a bit for easy reach and allows foward and reverse without hitting a button and i think it just looks cool,, i will also be able to hit a switch to the tcm and completly shift manualy, or hold it in what ever gear i want....

heres a video of it on youtube...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR8BF...layer_embedded

Comment

• Looks awesome Kevin , so is the black beast gonna be rollin in time for the IDTT camp out weekend?
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• nope Geeb, it wont be done by then, too much little stuff to finish, and a few big things like plumb the fuel cell, section the frame, im dreading that for some reason..
          mounted the c/o's today still not done need to finish the rest of the engine cage, i think my coil selection was right on, ill know for sure when i drive it of course, i tried to get the ride height i wanted without a bunch of adjustment and it seems right on.. oh and this weather sucks ill never start a project outside again, when i have a garage i could have cleaned and done it in there..LOL

Comment

• Comment

• Looking awesome Kevin. I don't remember if you said it already but it looks like your going full hydro correct? I can't tell in the picture but did you go triple rate on the shocks?
              Check out .

Comment

• looks really awesome, there Kevin..
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• thanks guys, yes chuck theres a tripple rate kit there, the springs dangle without it, and it will be full hydro, prob. psc or rock equipment...

Comment

• I thought so. I got a triple rate kit as well. I went with a higher spring rate to minimize body roll and shorter spring to keep the height down.
                    Check out .

Comment

• what rates did you go with, mine are 12'' travel and i have a 10''275 over a 14'' 325, Initial frequency is 1.3 Hz, final is around 1.92. i also have a few more coils to play with if needed, but im thinkin this should do it,

Comment

• 14" front and rear. The calculators with my droop % were giving me a initial frequency of .99. I think that’s a little to soft for me. I want to start with 1.2 in the front and 1.3 in the rear so I’m going 200/300 in the front and 225/350 in the rear. I know that seems backwards but I weighed the Jeep with the rear loaded with equipment and it was a little heavier then the front.

To keep the height I wanted I went with a 16” main and 10” tender. With the triple rate kit the front is at perfect ride height but the rear I will have to tweak a little. My ride height is about 1” to tall in the rear.

This does hinge on whether or not I listened enough in math class and my calculations are correct.
                        Check out .

Comment

• It's look'n great Kevin,cool set up.Look'n forward to the day see'n you,Chuck,Kurt,and,the rest of the hot builds out in the dirt with those big ass axles and suspension mods.Not as much as you all though I'll bet.
                          Dennis and Tammy
                          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

• ok so i got it on its own wheels, front is a bit high im sure its gonna sag a bit the springs are new? threw a new front grill, couldnt stand the chrome, its at 108 wheelbase right know but will adjust to 110, i like the shorter wheelbase, so i may just hack the rear of the jeep off so it doesnt get hung up, we'll see?

Last edited by xjkevin; 03-10-10, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X