Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you find any 4.10 open diffs? Face it, you'll end up locking the rear anyway.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
      "Cool Factor" is driving it off road and having fun every weekend! Love the "Locked and Stroked" avitar. Getting closer, good luck to you.
      Cool factor is driving it the trail too Or to the store, or just around town. I think so at least. But yes, the trail also.

Ya, it was the clean version to what I wanted to put on there

Closer? Front is locked already. As for the stroker, I have the big parts, and machined already. Just waiting for a few more parts to come. Whoo-hoo! Went looking for the Ford 8.8 today. It's all coming together at my pace.

Thanks Mitch! Haven't seen you around in awhile, Looks like all is well. Good to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
        Did you find any 4.10 open diffs? Face it, you'll end up locking the rear anyway.
        I honestly looked for those too! I did. No luck on neither. I was going to settle for that as well. Going to another tomorrow. Well see what they have.

Comment

i kicked myself a few times when i got my open 3.73 8.8. when i found out there was a 4.10 lsd. but i ahd other plans as well so i got over it. 4.56 locked. and what years are good for stroking. mine is an 89. i was told that the h.o. is not a good stroker block and the 4.0 only certain years. and what are u going to do about the harness and computer.? do u have to change all of that as well? theres got to be more to it than just changing some internal parts. i want to do the stroker but i just dumped 3 grand into rebuiling my stock 4.0. its like new again. so unless i know for sure how to do it than i dont even want to @#$% with it. and are the yj 4.0s the same as the xj 4.0s?

Comment

Lots of good tech on www.jeepstrokers.com
            God forgives, rocks don't
            -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
              i kicked myself a few times when i got my open 3.73 8.8. when i found out there was a 4.10 lsd. but i ahd other plans as well so i got over it. 4.56 locked. and what years are good for stroking. mine is an 89. i was told that the h.o. is not a good stroker block and the 4.0 only certain years. and what are u going to do about the harness and computer.? do u have to change all of that as well? theres got to be more to it than just changing some internal parts. i want to do the stroker but i just dumped 3 grand into rebuiling my stock 4.0. its like new again. so unless i know for sure how to do it than i dont even want to @#$% with it. and are the yj 4.0s the same as the xj 4.0s?
              The HO years. 1991-1995? Not 100%. But, the HO years had a better flowing head. I have a 1993 which has the HO motor. Interesting all the stuff I read online, said it is.

Nothing. Your only putting the 4.2L crank and rods in. Along with bigger injectors.

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/selection.html

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html

I have tons more links. If your interested.

Comment

It is really hard to find an 8.8 that has 4.10s and open.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Finding that out. 1/2 price day is in 2 weeks. Might wait. Well see. Might hit one more today.

Comment

Whoo-hoo! Found a 4:10 and LSD. What I personally was looking for. Took about 1hr to remove. On the door tag for those who want to know. It's a D2. On the axle it is a S615B. 1996 Eddie Brauer edition was the donor.

Question? I noticed two electrical wires that came out of the axle. I red and green wire I think. What is/was that for?

Thanks everyone for your help!!

Comment

It is for the speedo and or ABS. Most Ford rear axles have a speed sensor for the speedo somewhere on top of the diff housing I would surmise that it uses the same tone wheel for the ABS brakes

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        Most Ford rear axles have a speed sensor somewhere on top of the diff housing I would surmise that it uses the same tone wheel for the ABS brakes
                        Its also good for overfilling your axle!
                        An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

congrats ron what did u get for?

Comment

Originally posted by bails85 View Post
                            congrats ron what did u get for?
                            The 4:10 with limited. It's the one I wanted.

I couldn't wait for the 1/2 off. Didn't want it gone. I had found two donors with the "D2" and they were gone. So, when I found it today, I took it

$140 + $$15 core + tax = $177

Comment

What's needed to hook up for the rear disc brakes?

IE; new hoses, valve, etc?

Thanks.

Comment

Just hook up the lines. The master cylinder and lines work fine with the 8.8.
                                Those left standing
                                Will make millions
                                Writing books on ways
                                It should have been
                                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                                X