Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They have another casting call for ORA TV....click on the link to see the details:
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/info/off-...ntures-tv.aspx

Comment

• Here is a link to a preview of the show...

http://www.4wheelparts.com/info/off-...ntures-tv.aspx

Comment

• Watching you now!

Comment

• Wow!! The episode was unbelievable! They really put it together well.

Comment

• Some of you have asked me to post the letter I sent into 4 Wheel Parts to win the Jeep makeover....here it is:

My name is Julie and I currently own a 2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ known as the Desert Jewel. I have been Jeeping for a couple years now. I am in the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers club here in Apple Valley, California and a member of MyJeepRocks.com. I am the webmaster for the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers website, on two Adopt-a-trail crews, and a member of the CA4WDC. I am one of the few female Jeepers up here in the high desert and am not afraid to do the same trails as the guys. I started out stock being strapped and winched thru the trails, gritting my teeth and cringing at the scraping sounds. About a year ago, I tried the El Mirage Fearless Follies with my stocker, which bent all four lower control arms, drive shaft and pushed my transfer case up into the floor board. It was in my best interest to pay a little more and get her lifted since it included replacing all the broken parts. Even though the Desert Jewel has been lifted, she still needs many more upgrades. I would love to have stronger axles, 35” tires, lower gears, tube fender flares, a rear tire carrier that will hold gas cans, on-board air, a sweet stereo system, and paint job that shows everyone she is driven by a girl! Currently, she has 33” MTR’s, stock axles 30 in the front and 35 in the rear, 4.5” Rubicon Express Long Arm suspension lift, 1” body lift, slip yoke eliminator, a 10000# winch, gas tank skid plate, rear lock-rite locker, and rock sliders. All the “extras” she does have on her have been won in raffles at off-roading events or given to me from others who have won them and didn’t need them. On my single income, I live paycheck to paycheck to pay my normal household bills, Jeep payment, and credit card payment that has the lift repairs on it. There is barely anything left to go out and enjoy her, especially with the thought in the back of my head that I can’t afford to break anything else on her. My dream is to turn her into a rock crawler and compete in the women's competitions! I think you should choose me to represent all the women out there and to show those that think this sport is only for men, that women can do this too!

Comment

• Great letter, no wonder you were selected!
              SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
              MJR moderator
              MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
              Jeep Patrol Leader
              Reforestation Supervisor
              Licensed Ham - n6ujm
              Eagle Scout

Comment

• Julie, Hope you get this, I met ya on the Calico trip last month..(Geebo)?? Any how in case ya didn,t know I got in the mail today Off Road Adventures mag..May 2008 addition The Lights Camera, Action section is all about the Desert Jewel....WAY COOL if you don,t have it and would like this one it,s all yours ..let me know.. all kinds of pic,s of them coming to your door and pic,s of the Desert Jewel..Way to go!!!! Geeb..
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

• Thanks Geeb!! I have been patiently waiting mine to come in the mail. I knew I was going to be in the May edition and the anticipation is driving me nuts!! Especially now that someone else has seen it before me

Comment

• Well Julie, you should get it soon then enjoy it and like I said if you want this one for any reason (Extra) maybe?. I can put it in the mail for ya or bring it on the next run I make it too..Geeb.
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                    X