Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
    Funny you should ask...I don't know how many people have been telling me they have dibs on this part or dibs on that part. I get everything back they take off. Depending on what they do, I might just have enough parts to build me up another TJ For now I can't say for sure what I will be doing with the parts I get back, but there is a possibility of Desert Jewel parts being up for sale.
    For SALE? Where's the love?! Have some sort of contest and give that stuff away! Karma baby!
    -Bob
    '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by steelman View Post
      For SALE? Where's the love?! Have some sort of contest and give that stuff away! Karma baby!
      All those parts are still being paid for on the credit card and the new parts will be taxed/1099'd...I don't think Karma will pay the bills for me

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
        ...are still being paid for on the credit card...
        Ewww... That's something I never do... which is why it's taking me so long to build Shirley!
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Yeah, Credit cards bring bad MOJO, Mat and I already have bad luck. LoL.
          www.jeep.matandtiff.com

Comment

It's the only one I have and was necessary since the DJ is my only vehicle. I don't like them either!

Comment

I know a secret.....But I can't say anything until after you get it back
              '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
                I know a secret.....But I can't say anything until after you get it back
                I know lots of secrets, too, but can't say until she's unveiled

Comment

This waiting ......suspense is killing me. Soooo... when do you get it back?
                  "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                  (Charles Wells)

Comment

I knew that there had to be a Matermomma. Thats perfect. Credit cards, been there, done that, won't again! Julie, I hope the Jewel is Awesome for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob View Post
                      This waiting ......suspense is killing me. Soooo... when do you get it back?
                      Last I heard it will be sometime next weekend.:dunno:

Comment

this is gonna be good, how exciting!
                        Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

I saw it today.......
                          '96 XJ, HP D30 front, XJ D44 rear, Lockright/E-Locker, 4.56's, Cobra CB, 33" Pro Comp xTreme MT's, SYE, Smittybilt XRC10 winch with Synth Rope, mutt lift.

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
                            I saw it today.......
                            You're killing me:bonk:

Comment

OMG!! This was the best day of my life! My family & friends met at my house and we all caravaned out to Johnson Valley. Bob (the producer) has us all wait at the beginning of Boone road while they finish up hiding the new Desert Jewel. It seemed like forever! We finally get the call and directions to where they are on the lake bed. We pulled up to the 4 Wheel Parts trailer and were greeted by the film crew. Rebecca, the spokeslady for the show, greeted me as I got out of the Cherokee. They put the mic on me and we did some filming and interviewing. The entire time I'm tapping my foot and just waiting in anticipation to see the new Desert Jewel. They have me face with my back to the 4 Wheel Parts trailer where I am looking at all my family and friends, while we do some interviewing. Then they give the go ahead for the truck to move, but I'm not allowed to look. The looks on my family & friends faces was priceless, not to mention all the screaming and yelling! Then I hear the Desert Jewel stopping behind me...out of it jumps Becca Webster!! I am just jumping and screaming in awe of meeting Becca and at the same time seeing the new Desert Jewel. Becca introduces herself to me and then they start taking off the new side & back windows off Bestop Soft-top. Becca says, "So you ready to go for a ride?" I jumped in the passenger seat, which is a Mastercraft with a 5-point harness and am trying to figure out how the heck the thing worked. The camera crew setup the cameras all over the Jeep, I said a few quick goodbyes & took a few pic's and off we went. They let Kodiak Spirit, Rat Patrol, and Edsredex follow along. Half way to Clawhammer we come to some really nice whoops and Becca floors it! I couldn't believe how the Desert Jewel just glided right over them. Then all of a sudden I see Becca turn the steering wheel without braking and I was so ready for the roll...nope, she just slid and kept going! We did some really fast donuts with sliding and going thru the whoops. It was so awesome! Then we continued on to Clawhammer. While Becca was driving up the entrance to Clawhammer she was giving me tips on how to use what I've got. We got a little off-camber in a few places and then stopped for some more filming and a photo shoot. Then it was my turn behind the wheel - woohoo!!! They asked me if I was comfortable driving up Clawhammer a little bit for filming...I laughed as I was jumping in the driver's seat. Becca's husband and crew member for the Red Bull team spotted me thru. Man! Did I ever learn a ton of stuff! It was so sweet. I got so off-camber in a couple places it was crazy...but so incredibly fun! The Desert Jewel got her first trail scar on Clawhammer...front passenger rock guard! The weather turned on us so we turned around and headed back to camp. On the way out they stopped and wanted to get some filming of the Desert Jewel on the sand dunes. Since I wasn't completely comfortable with how she would handle, I let Becca drive again. She put that baby in 4-high, 1st gear, and floored it to about 4.5 rpms and up the hill we went. I must have turned stark white at how off-camber we were riding the hill sideways!! When we got back to camp they put the windows back on my soft-top, gave me a new tire cuz I broke part of the wheel on trail, and then handed me over a 20 lb CO2 tank! Becca gave me a shirt and some flyers & coupons for her next event in April. She also invited me to join her crew for the weekend. She'll be at TDS and offered to give me some more tips and to hang with them - I'm still flying high!!

Here's all the goodies:
                              ProComp TJ Rock Crawling Long Arm kit
                              35" ProComp tires & new wheels
                              Dana 44's front & rear
                              OX Lockers front & rear
                              Currie tie rods & steering columns & whatever else is up front
                              Full roll cage
                              New bumpers front & rear (not sure what brand)
                              Warn winch
                              Front rock lights
                              Graphics outside
                              Orange Line-X
                              Mastercraft front seats with 5-point harnesses
                              Rear cargo area
                              Fire Extinguisher & covering
                              20 lb CO2 tank (bright yellow)
                              Grab handles
                              Rear tire carrier
                              Bestop Complete Softop
                              And a new center console.

4 Wheel Parts & Off-Road Adventures TV - I can't even begin to thank you enough!!

Rat Patrol - Thank you so much for posting this contest on MJR!

PeteyG - Thank you so much for what you did!

Sarah - I am going to need some new MJR stickers and AAT stickers. They old ones were removed for the new graphics.

Here are some of the pic's:

Seeing the inside, with Becca Webster watching on the right:

Becca & I making sure the 5-point is correct:

Side view with softop windows off:

View of the surfboard on my hood:

Storage in back:

Full roll cage:

Tires & wheels:

Underneath the front end:

My friends:

Clawhammer entrance:

All the rest of the photos can be found here:
                              http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/thedesertjul/

Comment

awesome they painted the rockers as well.
                                Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Working...
                                X