This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/23 Big Bear

okay...here is the thread for the run on the 23rd. repond as an attendee if your gonna be there.

Date:7/23

Time:0800-1600???????

Guide: TBD

Trail: John Bull....and whatever else the trail guide wants

Meeting place: Fawnskin Fire Dept. (link for directions below...they are from my house) @0800
    http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...skin&2s=CA&2z=

Requirments: Let the trail guide cover this one...do you need a forest adventure pass still for this area?

I know i kinda organized this but i dont know the trails, that means we need a trail guide or i will have to wing it. IF YOU WANT TO BE THE GUIDE POST UP AND I WILL EDIT THIS THREAD TO LIST YOU AS SO.

Also...why cant i post this in the calendar?

Anyone is welcome.

ADDED TO THE CALENDAR, PLEASE SIGN ROLLCALL...(youre welcome )
    Tam
    Last edited by JeepGal; 07-07-05, 02:34 PM.
    87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
    ~ Dave Howell

Originally posted by Nate
    Requirments: Let the trail guide cover this one...do you need a forest adventure pass still for this area?
    Yes

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardin...ake_detail.pdf
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I will be there MR. Nate
      Drew
      95yj Six Pack

Comment

Does anyone know where to get this forest adventure pass?
        Drew
        95yj Six Pack

Comment

Will my stock rubi unlimited handle this trail?
          2005 Rubicon Unlimited "Sahara Edition"
          Home Despot Disco's
          Warn Diff Cover
          Bumpers on the way!

Comment

Originally posted by 0IIII0
            as far as i know it will...got trail damage? If you hang out with those guys on AZVJC.com you'll get some sooner or later!
            87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator
              Check here Vendor list

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator
                any sporting goods store...WALMART!!!!
                87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

You shouldn't have any problem at all. I ran John Bull with my XJ on 30s with no problems.

Comment

Nate: Once you have information arranged with details like so, just post a request in your thread to have it added to the calendar and a moderator can do so for you. We try to only post runs and events with complete information, otherwise we get bogged with a million questions (and then I get a million PMs )
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Jeep jamboree took a bunch of stock vehicles through the Bull in May, just go slow and watch your spotter.
                      censored for having an opinion

Comment

Considering Jeep Jamboree's proclivity for stacking rocks, I can generally get my Porsche Boxster across the trails for a week after _they_ leave

As said above, with a good spotter (and a driver who'll PAY ATTENTION to the spotter), it can be done open on 30" tires. Personally, I generally recommend/require at least a rear locker. In any case, try to follow a similarly equipped rig, see what they do right (or wrong), adjust accordingly. If you have the means to disconnect/reconnect the sway bar, do so. You need to air down.

I would NOT advise an open/unlifted/under-tired rig with a hard top (still have glass in my hand from the last fool....)
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY
                        You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                          Considering Jeep Jamboree's proclivity for stacking rocks, I can generally get my Porsche Boxster across the trails for a week after _they_ leave
                          oh I agree, could take a harley down a trail after they leave.
                          but the trail has had a bit if work redistributing those rocks already.
                          I run the trail with 31s and a rear locker and it is a peice of cake
                          (well sort of, have had a few equiptment problems this year)
                          Anyway I took my SE up the trail stock last year after I got it, I wanted to see what a stock TJ could do, it had a few moments but al in all they can do it. A few weeks ago we were at the bottom of the middle section when 2 H2s pulled up, they looked at it and shook their heads. One of the guys there watching the carnage started proding them about it but they didn't look like he type to take it and soon left
                          but a L3 had just gone up it
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

I added it to the calendar for you guys...please go in and sign the rollcall.

See first post.

Tam
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I did a 3.5 rated (1-5 scale) with my XJ and took it through some pretty gnarly obsticals with minimal body marks. i have 33" BFGs @15psi, and the sway bar disco....moral of the story....a good spotter/driver is worth more than a locker...IMO

Nate
                              87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Working...
                              X