• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fryman 8 oclock firestation, I will meet you there tomorrow
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Big bear 7/23

Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum, I was wondering if you have room for one more on Sat. Would like to go. I have 2005 Unlimited Rubicon.

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
        Fryman 8 oclock firestation, I will meet you there tomorrow
        Sorry, i did not see this until today. We made an offer on a house, hopefully we will get it, then you guys have a place to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinofcamelot
          Hello everyone.

I am new to this forum, I was wondering if you have room for one more on Sat. Would like to go. I have 2005 Unlimited Rubicon.
          Kevinofcamelot,
          We have lots of room. We will meet at Fawnskin Fire Dept. at 8:00am sharp. See ya there!
          Drew
          95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by kevinofcamelot
            Hello everyone.

Be glad to take ya along....you have any experience??
            87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
            ~ Dave Howell

Comment

GOT MY BUMPEER! Just dropped it off at the welding shop to get some holes drilled to mount my tow brackets.....but i strained my neck reeeeaaaalllllyyyy bad today at the gym. Looks like i will get it on just in time for the run.
              87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

How are they mounting these brackets?
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                  How are they mounting these brackets?
                  With grade 8 hardware to the steel bumper that is also mounted to the frame. it will be more than enough to handle the load.
                  87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                    With grade 8 hardware to the steel bumper that is also mounted to the frame. it will be more than enough to handle the load.
                    Just curious as to the bumper construction. Are these bolts threaded into, bolted completely through, ?
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY

Comment

Just curious as to the bumper construction. Are these bolts threaded into, bolted completely through, ?
                      all i know is it needed a drill press to drill though it here are the specs and yeah its going to be bolted all the way through with matching grade 8 nuts, washer, lock washer and thread sealer.

wish i could get started but i am all layed up right now....just doing some web serfing.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=XJB
                      87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Nate, good looking bumper in those pictures!

Through bolting will work - just didn't want to hear that you were threading holes in the steel
                        Jeff
                        OHV76V
                        KG6TY

Comment

Nate, good looking bumper in those pictures!

Through bolting will work - just didn't want to hear that you were threading holes in the steel

yeah, throw some sheet metal screws in there and it will be good to go! LMAO! I started to drill with a hand drill but decided i need to do it the right way and get it done with a drill press. I'll have pics when its done.
                          87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Nate, don’t forget to get your Forest Adventure Day Pass...
                            Drew
                            95yj Six Pack

Comment

yeah, throw some sheet metal screws in there and it will be good to go! LMAO! I started to drill with a hand drill but decided i need to do it the right way and get it done with a drill press. I'll have pics when its done.
                              Did you get some shackles for that sweet bumper of yours?
                              Drew
                              95yj Six Pack

Comment

...that is also mounted to the frame...
                                You don't have a frame! not a real one anyway. I hope you bought the unibody tie-ins.

Does your bumper not have the D-rings like in the picture? if so then you will be better off using those rather than hooks IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X