Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeeyyyy, I took Friday off to go with you guys....I ran JB east to west last weekend and can lead if nobody else wants too....We could do gold mountain first and then head over to John Bull and do it the same direction or vice versa...let me know what you guys think

Comment

the 23rd is on saturday....LOL
      87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
      ~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
        the 23rd is on saturday....LOL

I know that, but i work 24 hour shifts and now I dont have to worry about getting early relief.....makes me free for saturday

Comment

OIC....good thinking. I figured out your job, all i had to do was say it out loud.
          87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Awesome FrymanJJ! Thats cool that you can grip rocks with us. See you there dude!
            Drew
            95yj Six Pack

Comment

Just got me a WARN 9.5ti winch today! Now I can hang with all the big dogs!
              Drew
              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator
                Just got me a WARN 9.5ti winch today! Now I can hang with all the big dogs!
                YEAH....AND YOU CAN PULL ME OUT OF $HIT!
                87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

No problem Nate! I will pull you or anybody out of $hit. Only the bad apples will stay stuck!
                  Drew
                  95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                    ...a good spotter/driver is worth more than a locker...IMO
                    maybe someday you'll experience the joy of trails that require all three of those.
                    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ
                      maybe someday you'll experience the joy of trails that require all three of those.
                      i promissed myself i would get a cage before i locked it....otherwise i would be fully locked right now.
                      87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

so has anybody thought about what other trails you want to run ?

Comment

I'll do my best to make this one.

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
                          so has anybody thought about what other trails you want to run ?
                          Well, Nate started this to run John Bull so that one is a definate. I would recommend running Gold Mountain on the way to JB since it is more fun than some dirt road, and doesn't take significantly longer. Time allowing Holcomb creek would be a good next trail. I have ran all this in one day with lots of time to spare but it really depends on the group as well as trail traffic (I don't want to have a "rushed feeling" over the day, that usually kills the fun.)

And PLEASE! everyone make sure you have adequate tow points both front and rear. (this little tid bit comes from my last experience with the John Bull trail :mad: , but; I won't bore you with that.)

Comment

Originally posted by desertjeeper
                            I'll do my best to make this one.

Well, Nate started this to run John Bull so that one is a definate. I would recommend running Gold Mountain on the way to JB since it is more fun than some dirt road, and doesn't take significantly longer. Time allowing Holcomb creek would be a good next trail. I have ran all this in one day with lots of time to spare but it really depends on the group as well as trail traffic (I don't want to have a "rushed feeling" over the day, that usually kills the fun.)
                            i will second this plan...actually, i was thinking the same thing and logged on to post it. I was thinking of wheeling till about 3 or 4pm (whenever my kids get tired of it). It would be great to have an Air Force member along, it would be nice to do some BS-ing since i separated in MAY and have had a heck of a time adjusting.

Hopefully i will be recieving my bumper in time so i have some front tow points. I ordered it from JCR OFFROAD, called them and they said that it should be here in time. KEEPIN MY FINGERS CROSSED!
                            87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Hey desertjeeper,
                              I am up for all runs if daylight permits. I hope you and your BB trail experience can make it.
                              Drew
                              95yj Six Pack

Comment

MY BUMPER SHOULD BE HERE ON THE 15TH!!! I got the stage 3 with the D rings from JCR Offroad. heres the link.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/...egory_Code=XJB

i wanted the low pro look and the price and delivery time was right. Nice guys, as soon as i get my bumper im goin to put a good review on the product review thread.

Now that i have tow points i can get stuck!!
                                87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Working...
                                X