This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate
    yeah, throw some sheet metal screws in there and it will be good to go! LMAO! I started to drill with a hand drill but decided i need to do it the right way and get it done with a drill press. I'll have pics when its done.
    Went to extract a gent many years back who'd just bought a CJ-7. His recovery points had been tack welded on - the thought being to locate the brackets (chain/hook brackets - were popular before shackles came into vogue) - and then he forgot to drill and bolt.

Needles to say we found an alternative method.
    Jeff
    OHV76V
    KG6TY
    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Out of curiosity, does MJR have a standard CB channel? (If not, I'd recommend NOT making it Ch 4 (or 3 or 5))

I'll be in the Forest on Saturday, over on the East side - might listen for y'all.
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY

Comment

6 is also a bad channel up in the BB area,always has some guy with a BIG radio trying to keep people off it
        I think we use 8 alot and 4
        My vote would be go with 8
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
          6 is also a bad channel up in the BB area,always has some guy with a BIG radio trying to keep people off it
          Channel 8 works for me, If that's going to be the best wave!
          Drew
          95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
            The problem with 4 is that everyone uses it. CB radios have very poor Adjacent Channel Rejection (CB's are the McDonald's cheeseburger of the tranceiver world), they don't handle other transmitters 1 channel away (20kC between 3 and 4, only 10kC between 4 and 5).

Whatever you folks pick, I'll try to monitor. My group will all be on VHF.
            Jeff
            OHV76V
            KG6TY

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator
              Did you get some shackles for that sweet bumper of yours?
              Yeah...i have the D rings just like the pic. I know i dont have a frame....but i like to think I DO! Just got done installing the tow brackets....lookin good.

Originally posted by Drewminator
              Channel 8 works for me, If that's going to be the best wave!
              i dont have a CB right now....spent all my $$ on the bumper! but i think i can dig up a hand held CB somewhere. If not, i will be the one yelling out the window!
              87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
              ~ Dave Howell

Comment

If I make it I can bring a couple of hand held CBs.

Comment

Originally posted by desertjeeper
                  If I make it I can bring a couple of hand held CBs.

that would be great in case i cant find mine....i carry 2ways because it is usually me and 1 other jeep.
                  87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                    that would be great in case i cant find mine....i carry 2ways because it is usually me and 1 other jeep.
                    I really don’t think we will need them because its only a had full of rigs. Also, I think if we all stick together, we should be all right. The only reason I have a CB, is because it was given to me as a FREEBIE! Other than that, I really don’t need one.
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

• Originally posted by Drewminator
                      I really don’t think we will need them because its only a had full of rigs. Also, I think if we all stick together, we should be all right. The only reason I have a CB, is because it was given to me as a FREEBIE! Other than that, I really don’t need one.
                      Ooops! I mean hand full.
                      Drew
                      95yj Six Pack

Comment

• Hey Nate,
                        Should one of us leave a cell number incase someone is running a little late tomorrow morning?
                        Drew
                        95yj Six Pack

Comment

• here is my cell....i always check my messages, so if i dont pick up just leave a message. i will be the guy in the camo XJ hooked up to a white dodge ram w/camper shell. cya there!

623-570-1519
                          87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

• Originally posted by Nate
                            here is my cell....i always check my messages, so if i dont pick up just leave a message. i will be the guy in the camo XJ hooked up to a white dodge ram w/camper shell. cya there!

623-570-1519
                            See ya there buddy!
                            Drew
                            95yj Six Pack

Comment

• someone please confirm meeting time and place
                              censored for having an opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by blackZZR
                                someone please confirm meeting time and place

Its posted on the calendar....complete with directions....go to the Fire Dept. and you will see the camo XJ near it.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/ca...=2005-7-23&c=1
                                Last edited by Nate; 07-22-05, 06:39 PM.
                                87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Working...
                                X