Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in big bear on thebull I would have rockers and a steering skid minimum.
    I do not really think you will NEED other than that but corner guards would be nice. nothing is so severe that you will need dif guards or engine skid.
    2 inches of lift and 31a will make the bukk nice 3 inches with 33s make it a breeze, but remember 2 organized events have brought stock jeeps though it since May. without the rockers you just need to pay a lot more attention to where your tires are.
    censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
      You should probably talk to Jeri-Lyn about not caring about rocker guards. She had first hand experience without them, and the frustration that goes with trying to undo the damage to get some to fit. Oh, and she did it in Big Bear.

Tam

There was already alot of damage on them when i bought it...those are next on my list of upgrades.
      87' XJ "Gnarly"

To some ! it's a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group. Salvation in a can!
      ~ Dave Howell

Comment

well you bought it to beat it
        censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by blackZZR
          well you bought it to beat it
          thats right! :shades:
          87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

thanks for the input.....i think i'll sit this one out til i get the guards.....hopefully getting a welder soon so make some nice ones.
            1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

Originally posted by jermy01
              thanks for the input.....i think i'll sit this one out til i get the guards.....hopefully getting a welder soon so make some nice ones.
              I wouldn’t worry about it Jermy01. (Example) I ran Doran & Odessa with no problems and they recommended that rigs should have double lockers and 35' tires minimum. If their is a good spotter, witch I know there will be, you shouldn’t have to worry about breaking or damaging your rig if you know what you rig can and cant do. Sometimes $hit happens when you least expect it, wheather your on rocks or a flat dirt trail. Just join us dude and have a fun day at BB.
              Drew
              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by jermy01

I agree too, come out with us and have fun, we will get you through it, and get to know your Jeep a little better.

Comment

I just had to down grade to 32" A/Ts....just send my through first and if i hurt something....dont do what i do
                  87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
                    I agree too, come out with us and have fun, we will get you through it, and get to know your Jeep a little better.
                    Exactly. It's more a "software" (driver) issue than hardware (vehicle) issue.

Pay attention - you can get a stock TJ on 30" tires through 99% of the SBNF. Don't pay attention, you can get a YJ with 7" of lift, locked both ends on 35's stuck on a rock on John Bull
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                      Exactly. It's more a "software" (driver) issue than hardware (vehicle) issue.

Pay attention - you can get a stock TJ on 30" tires through 99% of the SBNF. Don't pay attention, you can get a YJ with 7" of lift, locked both ends on 35's stuck on a rock on John Bull
                      lol......thats so true.........

Comment

Originally posted by Nate
                        i dont have rocker guards or oil pan skid either....but then agina i dont care about my rockers. without knowing the trails i think you shouldn't have a prob...especially with a good spotter. hope to c u there.
                        I just remembered you had a XJ. FYI, I believe (and correct me if Im wrong XJ owners), since XJs are unibody, arent the rocker areas a structural component of the rig itself? Id be a bit careful if I were you.

Tam
                        2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                        Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                          I just remembered you had a XJ. FYI, I believe (and correct me if Im wrong XJ owners), since XJs are unibody, arent the rocker areas a structural component of the rig itself? Id be a bit careful if I were you.

Tam
                          No because if there were true i wouldnt have about 5 big dents below my doors
                          87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

i have a CJ.....ill try to get it off work tonight and join you guys. You guys are great....always helpful and very encouraging. Ill let you know by tomorow if i can get it off.
                            1978 CJ7, 304 V8, T-150, locked AMC 20 with Superior Axles, Warn M8000, RE 2.5" lift, 31"BFG mudterrains, Naked and dirty 7 months of the year! Cant wait to get more!

Comment

hope to see you there......im heading up there sometime tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by FyrmanJJ
                                hope to see you there......im heading up there sometime tomorrow
                                r u wheelin or what?
                                87' XJ "Gnarly"

~ Dave Howell

Comment

Working...
                                X