Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHEELERS CHOICE* Miller Jeep Trail~ Yellow Jacket~ and Surrounding ** JULY 13th-15th

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could be up for this run.... been out of town a lot lately but I have never done Miller either... I may be helping Tom Severin run his beginning off road class that Saturday in HV anyway so this may work out great.

Comment

Hey Brett! Let me know when you are solid on it...I may have to cap this run off if more want to hop on. I figure maybe 1 or 2 more and then that's it.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Here are the directions for the easy route coming in from the north entrance to minimize the motor homes on the dirt roads. Refer to this map at http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/pages/11...eytrailmap.pdf

From LA go north on I5 and exit at Gorman and turn left under the I5. Next, turn right on Peace Valley Road and after about a mile turn left onto Gold Hill Road at the entrance; it’s marked. In a couple of hundred yards you come to the kiosk and have to pay your fees. Stay on Gold Hill Road for about 2.5 miles and the turn for Circle Camp is to the left, it’s also marked. You have to cross a small drainage swale and keep on the dirt road about .5 miles to camp sites. At the “Y” where the circle comes back around bare right. The camp sites will be on right and the pit toilets will be in the center of the circle to your left. After you pass the toilets you will reach the top of the circle or the top of the slope there is this large flat area with about 4 tables to the right. I have been there with 4 or 5 large RVs with lots of extra room. If you look on the map, there is a little red square above the “i” in the word “circle” and that’s the place.

I should be able to make it there sometime between 12pm and 2pm on Friday
        Last edited by Randog; 07-06-12, 08:33 AM.

Comment

With so many people going, Yellow Jacket will be a challenge. I can maybe finagle 15 rigs back there but not 20+. We'll probably need a few of you guys to hop in someone else's rig so we can all fit...or really, the only other option is to have you wheel most of it, but park it off to the side and walk a little ways to the end. You all think about it and we'll get it figured out before we hit the trail Saturday. I have an open passenger seat; as will many others..

Also, Please don't forget to bring some wood~

4 days and a wake up!
          Jeep Girl

Comment

Miller jeep trail

A couple of my friends and I went to the Miller jeep trail last sunday (July 1st), but the gate was locked. Some other jeep group also arrived . We all had to cancel for the day run. Well, instead we ran the Yellow Jacket and the 8N15 and returned to the Ranger station. Make sure if the trail is going to be open.

Comment

Originally posted by Jp holic View Post
              A couple of my friends and I went to the Miller jeep trail last sunday (July 1st), but the gate was locked. Some other jeep group also arrived . We all had to cancel for the day run. Well, instead we ran the Yellow Jacket and the 8N15 and returned to the Ranger station. Make sure if the trail is going to be open.
              WTF? Lorie didn't you just run it on June 30?

Comment

I might havs an extra seat or two, Ya gota like dogs although. I have a big pile of firewood from one of my jobs just for you sitting in my carport. I hope I have enough room for all it although....

Comment

Originally posted by Randog View Post
                  WTF? Lorie didn't you just run it on June 30?
                  There was a fire within the last few weeks. Arson scumbags!

Comment

Hey Lorie. I would love to try and make it. I would be coming from the 210 and i don't know that area at all. Could you tell me what road to get off on to find the campground. Thanks Bill

Comment

Bill,

I posted directions a couple of days back check out my post.

Comment

And according to the ranger station, Miller's open

Bill- if you're coming for certain, please let me know what day..thanks!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

What is the plan for Saturday?

Are we doing Miller and Yellow Jacket? Just trying to figure out if it's Miller one day and Yellow Jacket the other.

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
                            What is the plan for Saturday?

Are we doing Miller and Yellow Jacket? Just trying to figure out if it's Miller one day and Yellow Jacket the other.
                            Plan is Miller and Yellow Jacket for Saturday...Sunday is the pretty trails off Cuddy Rd. 111,112,113
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

Anyone going out Friday day? I have obligations this weekend but I would like to run a couple trails Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                                Plan is Miller and Yellow Jacket for Saturday...Sunday is the pretty trails off Cuddy Rd. 111,112,113
                                Ok, cool, I can't wait! I definitely have the itch right now...

I just got a Spiderweb shade, will be putting it on Friday night.

Also, just got one of those Currie air down valves. Anyone used one?

Comment

Working...
                                X