Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHEELERS CHOICE* Miller Jeep Trail~ Yellow Jacket~ and Surrounding ** JULY 13th-15th

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to be unclear but that was always my intent

Comment

I'm in! I've been wanting to checkout this trail. It's a bit far for me, but gas prices are pretty low right now. Plus good timing two weeks before the WF meet!

I'll come out Saturday morning for a day run.

Comment

Originally posted by Randog View Post
        sorry to be unclear but that was always my intent
        No problem, my post wasn't meant as anything directed at you specifically, just clarity for the new guy.
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Lorie,

We are in, YAY. It will be out first trip With the AW-SOME MJR group. We do have a few questions so if you have a few mins to answer them, please call.

Weezy Jeepin

Comment

Thanks for answering his questions Randy..I've been out wheeling all weekend I'll update the list and I'll call ya tomorrow Weezy...need to unpack etc

Lorie
            Jeep Girl

Comment

We would love to join in on this outing. We will be able to bring some wood and anything else needed. We will arrive Friday and stay until Sunday.

Dave
              White Ghost

Comment

Welcome to MJR you guys! I'll add ya to my list! Looking forward to meeting you!
                Jeep Girl

Comment

[COLOR="red"][/COLOR]
                  [COLOR="#ff8c00"]questions:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Should be OK, do you have open difs? I did the same trail with stock 32in BFGs on my Rubi and stock lift I was fine. If you get stuck we can pull you out. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]But your going to need some beer if we have to pull you out. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="red"]Good but no photos of me unless you pay me, Im part Indian. Just kidding about being Indian but you still have to pay me.
                  [/COLOR]:wink:
                  Hi Randy,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my long list of questions. I'll have beers for you regardless of I get stuck or not. Iam not a rich guy but I am agenerous friend. My JK is the base model (X). I am not sure if it has an open diff. I know Rubicons have have open diff with "TruLoc" (Jeep's version of limited slip diff). I logged in to the Mopar Owner Website and they listed the following to exist in my Jeep:

Command-Trac Shift-on-the-Fly 4WD
                  Next Gen. Dana 30 Solid Front Axle
                  Next Gen. Dana 44 HD Rear Axle

Conventional Differential Frt Axle
                  Conventional Differential Rear Axle

No idea as to what "conventional diffs" are. I am assuming it means open but not lockable. I know that "generic version of limited slip differentials" are available in X and Sport models but I am not sure if it is in mine.

In any case I'll get some extra beer with me. I drink Guiness Draught. What's your pleasure?

The dogs are always leashed when they are out with us. My wife is too protective of them to let them out without leash. I have a Siberian Husky and Newfoundland/Lab mix. And no pictures for you brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                    You'd think this goes without saying, but for the sake of clarity: no drinking while on the trails! (That wasn't completely clear in Randog's responses to #3 & #5)

At camp, all bets are off. :devil:
                    I figured that.

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
                      Welcome to MJR you guys! I'll add ya to my list! Looking forward to meeting you!
                      Thanks. Look forward to meet you all. I'll bring some wood but don't think we can pack too much in my small Jeep, with 2 large dogs and all.

Comment

Originally posted by The2000Yankees View Post
                        Thanks. Look forward to meet you all. I'll bring some wood but don't think we can pack too much in my small Jeep, with 2 large dogs and all.
                        No worries..we're all in the same boat..so if everyone can just bring whatever they can, we'll be good to go
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to answer my long list of questions. [COLOR="red"]No prob Matt [/COLOR]I'll have beers for you regardless of I get stuck or not. Iam not a rich guy but I am agenerous friend. My JK is the base model (X). I am not sure if it has an open diff. I know Rubicons have have open diff with "TruLoc" [COLOR="red"] I think most jeeps have limited slip as a basic diff, the Rubi have "E" lockers added and lock up the axels so both wheels turn all the time no mater what [/COLOR] (Jeep's version of limited slip diff). I logged in to the Mopar Owner Website and they listed the following to exist in my Jeep:

Command-Trac Shift-on-the-Fly 4WD
                          Next Gen. Dana 30 Solid Front Axle
                          Next Gen. Dana 44 HD Rear Axle

Conventional Differential Frt Axle [COLOR="red"] These are open diffs[/COLOR]Conventional Differential Rear Axle

No idea as to what "conventional diffs" are. [COLOR="red"]Open Diffs[/COLOR] I am assuming it means open but not lockable. I know that "generic version of limited slip differentials" are available in X and Sport models but I am not sure if it is in mine.

In any case I'll get some extra beer with me. I drink Guiness Draught. What's your pleasure? [COLOR="red"]Don't worry about it, I was just messing with you. Save your money I'll bring my own. [/COLOR]

The dogs are always leashed when they are out with us. My wife is too protective of them to let them out without leash. I have a Siberian Husky and Newfoundland/Lab mix. And no pictures for you brother. [COLOR="red"]Thats ok too, I'm Just messing with you again but I'm kinda aesthetically challenged. [/COLOR]:homer:
                          Last edited by Randog; 07-03-12, 04:56 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="red"]Thats ok too, I'm Just messing with you again but I'm kinda aesthetically challenged. [/COLOR]:homer:
                            Thanks, so am I.

Comment

Lorie,

What time are you planning on getting out there on Friday, 4pm? And are you married to that camp spot on the corner you where at last time? I’m thinking that Tom (Super CJ) and his friends have not been to Hungry Valley before and they are coming in some large Motor homes so I thought I would go out earlier Friday and claim those large camp spots located towards the top of Circle Camp. I can post directions from the north entrance if you want.

Comment

Lorie,

What time are you planning on getting out there on Friday, 4pm? And are you married to that camp spot on the corner you where at last time? I’m thinking that Tom (Super CJ) and his friends have not been to Hungry Valley before and they are coming in some large Motor homes so I thought I would go out earlier Friday and claim those large camp spots located towards the top of Circle Camp. I can post directions from the north entrance if you want.
                                Hey there! I'll be there around 4pm..and I really don't care which site I'm at as long as it's got some bushes and trees. As for directions, the address is on my first post..
                                Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X