Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHEELERS CHOICE* Miller Jeep Trail~ Yellow Jacket~ and Surrounding ** JULY 13th-15th

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: WHEELERS CHOICE* Miller Jeep Trail~ Yellow Jacket~ and Surrounding ** JULY 13th-15th

[COLOR="red"]Calling [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]all [/COLOR]"[COLOR="red"]Just[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Happy [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]To[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Be [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]In [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]Their[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jeep"[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Wheelers!! [/COLOR]

I’m arriving Friday July 13th at approximately 4pm and will stay through Sunday late afternoon.

Camp Location: Hungry Valley ** Circle Canyon. http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1200

Meeting place: If you’re camping with me Friday night in Circle Canyon, look for my yellow happy face flag and My Jeep Rocks windshield banner on my white TJ.

If you’re not camping Friday night, 1030am Saturday morning at the Flying J. Addy: 42810 Frazier Mountain Rd, Lebec, CA

Fees: Military is free.
    Day pass for HV is $5; $10 for overnight.

We’ll run Yellow jacket and Miller. When we come back down the mountain, it drops us back into Hungry Valley.

Thought Sunday could be a chill day of pretty trails off Cuddy Road if anyone wanted to see them.

Miller is rated Black Diamond, but I've seen stock rigs go through no problem. There are a few rocky areas, steep climbs and tight turns. There's also a bit of flat trail riding. Yellow Jacket is a bit greener with a creek at the end of it.

If you’re camping, please bring wood; as camping just isn’t the same without a campfire.

Who’s feels like wheelin’? Let me know when you're coming!

1. I H8RDS- Lorie * Friday- Sun 4pm
    2. MPOBERG *Saturday
    3. kyle3792 *Saturday
    4. rkwfxd-Rich* Friday-Sun
    5. ZombieClownz *Saturday
    6. Solvag100 and the Mrs *Saturday
    7. Randog *Fri-Sun
    8. Tom (SuperCJ) *Friday-Sunday
    9. Saharasean *Saturday
    10. BeantownR6*Fri-Sun--cancelled
    11. 2000Yankees-Matthew and wife *Fri-sun
    12. Suicideking-Rick*Saturday
    13. White Ghost-Dave and Sandy *Friday -Sunday
    14. crittert- Aaron *Friday-Sunday
    15. cashcow1608 *Saturday
    16. Tom (SuperCJ) friend #1*Friday-Sunday
    17. Tom (SuperCJ) friend #2*Friday-Sunday
    18. Brett*Fri-Sun
    19. Jonah*Fri-Sun
    Last edited by I H8RDS; 07-13-12, 09:06 AM.
    Jeep Girl

Lorie,
    I may be in for camping but I'm for sure for Miller on Saturday.

Comment

Nice! I'll put you down for Saturday at the J unless I hear otherwise
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Lorie,
        I suppose it will be hot just like you like it? What happen to your special place?

Comment

Warm

For a bigger group, it's makes more sense and is more accomedating to camp in HV.

A small group of us will be in my special place this weekend..the plan is to run the easy pretty trails Saturday; 111,112,113,118,119 and hit Miller for a night run. You're welcome to join if you'd like. It is Heaven on Sky Ranch.
          Jeep Girl

Comment

I had the impression you where up in BB this weekend. Oh well. Thanks for the invite but I just got back from two weekends in a row in BB and I have work the next few Saterdays. I met some great guys up at the BBFF we had lots of fun and I will see if they are up for camping at HV. Im also doing Coyote Flats at the end of July so with Miller Im set for July.

Comment

We were going to do BB. No reservations left though, and you know how many hours it is to drive there to Chance getting a site somewhere. We wouldn't have been able to get there until night time...so Miller re-opened (fire in HV) and we decided to stay close. Honestly, I don't care where I wheel as long as it's not a fire road all weekend..and there's scenery.
              Jeep Girl

Comment

So if I remeber Yellow jacket, you have to come out the way you came in?

Comment

Yes, she dead ends at a creek.
                  Jeep Girl

Comment

If you get up around Scott Russel- Tecuya trails stop into Frazier on Mt.Pinos Rd. to Caveman Caveys for pizza by the slice, pretty good. I need to hit one of these runs up one time!
                    How many little drips are in a quart?

Comment

Hi Lorie,

I've always wanted to hit up Miller but never had the opportunity. Is the camping spot accesable by a motorhome?

Comment

Originally posted by DanPartsman View Post
                        Hi Lorie,

I've always wanted to hit up Miller but never had the opportunity. Is the camping spot accesable by a motorhome?
                        Hi

Hungry Valley is full of nothing but open campgrounds and sites. You have plenty of room for your RV at any site. Check out the link on the first thread!
                        Jeep Girl

Comment

Hey Lorie what camp site is circle canyon? I can't see it on the map it's to small. If you count from the top. Top being #1 then count down. What # would it be?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Wachter View Post
                            Hey Lorie what camp site is circle canyon? I can't see it on the map it's to small. If you count from the top. Top being #1 then count down. What # would it be?
                            From the south entrance, it'd be #8 and it's on the right...you can't miss it. There's signs for every campground. When you come into the park, follow the road. You'll hit a stop sign, go right. Go a couple miles and it's on the right. If you look to your right when you get close, you'll see what looks like a circle loop sitting up off the main drag. That's Circle Canyon. There's a sign. Depending on when you get there, the ranger will hand you a map of the park. Ask for one if they don't automatically do that. Good to have until you know the park. Shows the trails etc. We can night some trails Friday night once all Friday campers arrive if ya want I know the trails...
                            Jeep Girl

Comment

For those of you who don't know what my rig looks like, here's a pic..plus I'll put up my yellow happy face flag
                              Attached Files
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Working...
                              X