Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHEELERS CHOICE* Miller Jeep Trail~ Yellow Jacket~ and Surrounding ** JULY 13th-15th

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
    Hi

Hungry Valley is full of nothing but open campgrounds and sites. You have plenty of room for your RV at any site. Check out the link on the first thread!
    Thats true. All the sites are accessable for RVs and big trailers. You have to dry camp, there are no hookups. There is however shade structures over tables at each site. All sites are first come first served. Circle Camp is just that and there is about 8 or 10 sites on a circular road with the pit toilet in the middle. I'm thinking about bringing my trailer so I think I may go out Friday to get a good site near Lorie.

Comment

And also, every campsite in Circle Canyon is walkable to the other. It's just a nice sized loop. Depending if you're tenting or Rving, there's plenty of room for a few people at one site. ..but even if you're not at my camp, you can easily stumble ..errrr, I mean walk to me
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Thats what I'm taliking about!

Comment

Count me and maybe two others in. I'll be in the RV & flat towing my Barbie Jeep. Sounds like we'll do a lot of drinking with a bit of wheeling mixed in. That's a good plan.
          I spend most of my money on four-wheeling, the rest I just waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom (SuperCJ) View Post
            Count me and maybe two others in. I'll be in the RV & flat towing my Barbie Jeep. Sounds like we'll do a lot of drinking with a bit of wheeling mixed in. That's a good plan.

Roger that!

And ya, I need to unwind when I'm camping. Drinks are a staple at my camp...and I think I'll make some chicken shish-ka-bobs this time. Yum-O! :drool:
            Jeep Girl

Comment

Lorie put me down for camping, lets do a night run up Proghorn Friday?

Comment

Yay! I was thinking Proghorn, South Loop Quails Pass, and up and over Vics Cat. That'll put us near camp :whip:
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Night Run - I am a switch away from finishing the wiring on one set of my lights. Should have both sets wired by this weekend so I will be good to go.

Comment

I did a check on the moon phase calender and we only have a quarter moon on the 13th; this should be fun..

Comment

Should be fun Randy?! Was there ever any doubt?! :whip:

And Rich -a night run up Miller would put those babies to the test

Who's up for that? When we're not rolling with 20 rigs, it goes a lot quicker. Some are coming Saturday and not Friday...could do it...just sayin'
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

Should be fun Randy?! Was there ever any doubt?! :whip:

And Rich -a night run up Miller would put those babies to the test

Who's up for that? When we're not rolling with 20 rigs, it goes a lot quicker. Some are coming Saturday and not Friday...could do it...just sayin'
                        I'm in. I just want to make sure I stay far way from the "Lorenzo Ledge."

Comment

What, too much excitement for ya?! We can still stop and bow down to the ever demanding spot. :gun:
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

[COLOR="red"]Calling [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]all [/COLOR]"[COLOR="red"]Just[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Happy [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]To[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Be [/COLOR][COLOR="red"]In [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"]Their[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]Jeep"[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Wheelers!! [/COLOR]

I’m arriving Friday July 13th at approximately 4pm and will stay through Sunday late afternoon.

Camp Location: Hungry Valley ** Circle Canyon.
                            Meeting place: If you’re camping with me Friday night in Circle Canyon, look for my yellow happy face flag and My Jeep Rocks windshield banner on my white TJ.
                            I'll be there with my wife. Since this will be my first time there, I have some questions:

1. How much gas will I be needing? My JK has a tank of 18 gallons and gives me about 200 miles in mixed driving. Would one tankful be enough? If not, are there gas fill up stations around the trails?

2. While I did some engine, intake/exhaust performance boosts, my suspension system is mostly stock. I have a 2" lift with Goodyear Wrangler A/T 265 70 R17 tires (32s I think). Would that be good enough for these trails?

3. Aside from the $10 overnight fee is there any other fee for joining you guys?

4. Can we bring dogs? If so is there any extra fee per dog? I have 2.

5. Is it okay to bring beer or alcohol?

Sorry about the dumb questions but I am new at this. My wife and I will be arriving Friday afternoon for camping. As a pro photographer I'll bring my camera and gear also.

Hey, I just realized it's Friday the 13th (eek eek eek eek, Jason alert) :omg:

Thanks
                            Matthew

Comment

I have some questions:

1. How much gas will I be needing? My JK has a tank of 18 gallons and gives me about 200 miles in mixed driving. Would one tankful be enough? If not, are there gas fill up stations around the trails?

[COLOR="red"]There is a gas station we pass on the way to the trail, its the same gas station we meet the Saterday day pepole at. 18gal will be fine for the rest of the day. And yes there are other gas stations around HV.
                              [/COLOR]
                              2. While I did some engine, intake/exhaust performance boosts, my suspension system is mostly stock. I have a 2" lift with Goodyear Wrangler A/T 265 70 R17 tires (32s I think). Would that be good enough for these trails?

[COLOR="red"]Should be OK, do you have open difs? I did the same trail with stock 32in BFGs on my Rubi and stock lift I was fine. If you get stuck we can pull you out.
                              [/COLOR]
                              3. Aside from the $10 overnight fee is there any other fee for joining you guys?

[COLOR="red"]No, that money goes to the state of CA cause its a state park we are camping in. MJR has no fees. But your going to need some beer if we have to pull you out.
                              [/COLOR]
                              4. Can we bring dogs? If so is there any extra fee per dog? I have 2.

[COLOR="red"]Yes, no extra fee, I bring my Lab. They have to be on a leash in the state park but up on the trial they can go nuts.
                              [/COLOR]

5. Is it okay to bring beer or alcohol? [COLOR="red"]Yes, see question 3 :cocktail:[/COLOR]

Sorry about the dumb questions but I am new at this. My wife and I will be arriving Friday afternoon for camping. As a pro photographer I'll bring my camera and gear also.

[COLOR="red"]Good but no photos of me unless you pay me, Im part Indian. Just kidding about being Indian but you still have to pay me.
                              [/COLOR]:wink:

[COLOR="red"]OBTW, ITS GOING TO BE HOT![/COLOR]:fire:

Comment

You'd think this goes without saying, but for the sake of clarity: no drinking while on the trails! (That wasn't completely clear in Randog's responses to #3 & #5)

At camp, all bets are off. :devil:
                                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X