Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hear ya Art... A buddy and I were up at the GateKeeper for John Bull during Forest Fest. There were some pretty silly rigs lined up waiting to go, the one that stuck out the most was the 4 door JK on chromed out 20" rims.

There were 4 or 5 of these JKs that looked like they all rolled out of the smittybuilt catalog, unfortunately I don't think smittybuilt makes gears, because their gear ratio sucked and they were rubber banding and bouncing over every rock.

Smittybuilt should also make some hearing aids, not a one of the drivers would listen to the IE4W trail spotter trying to help them, the best though was the guy with his windows rolled up.

I decided someone needed to SHOW them how to run gatekeeper. LOL

http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/...t=P1030399.mp4
    www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

NICE VIDEO :thumbs_up:thumbs_up
      Last edited by curtis; 06-23-12, 08:25 AM.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Show off! That's way cool, that's showing them, I really like that, got to love a 5:1 Atlas

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
          I hear ya Art... A buddy and I were up at the GateKeeper for John Bull during Forest Fest. There were some pretty silly rigs lined up waiting to go, the one that stuck out the most was the 4 door JK on chromed out 20" rims.

There were 4 or 5 of these JKs that looked like they all rolled out of the smittybuilt catalog, unfortunately I don't think smittybuilt makes gears, because their gear ratio sucked and they were rubber banding and bouncing over every rock.

Smittybuilt should also make some hearing aids, not a one of the drivers would listen to the IE4W trail spotter trying to help them, the best though was the guy with his windows rolled up.

t
          Hey Dirt, great vid brotha! although before you jeep guys get all excited just an FYI ,us yota guys have been there done that haha! Marlin crawler has been doing this for years! http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=vZFLaX4J8fg
          And for those who don't know, Marlin practically invented super low crawl ratio in the yota world. So simply put... Come up with your own thing biter, we own this lol! Just giving you a hard time brotha! That was awesome! If I tried that no doubt I would run myself over! Lol!

Comment

Thats cool! I got much love for built yotas, seems like they just plain work! Personally I'd rather push an american made jeep than drive a rice grinder, but still, they're cool! LOL
            www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

Thats cool! I got much love for built yotas, seems like they just plain work! Personally I'd rather push an american made jeep than drive a rice grinder, but still, they're cool! LOL
              Jeeps, Yotas,and even hummers.... Lol, if they are built right they all work, doesn't matter the brand, thanks for being a good sport!, looking forward to wheeling with ya and see your jeep in action

Comment

For sure man, last season I was up on *i think* Outer Limits in Johnson Valley with my club and a group of yodas came up behind us, I went to talk to the lead yoda driver to see if he wanted to 'play thru' as we were having some issues and they caught up to us, which told me they were running a little faster than us. While talking to the guy, I asked him how much he had into his rig, which was just as capable as mine, if not more, and he has 1/3 of the $$ I had in my jeep, and was on the same trail... kinda made me jealous. Hahah!

Anyhow, wheels are wheels, rocks are rocks, and good times are why we do this silly 1 mile per hour stuff.
                www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

Awe my JK looks like it rolled out of the Sh!ttybilt catalog... The main reason why is cause it is priced right, I am impatient and can’t wait to save money to put the name brand sh!t on my rig. I just want to wheel now... I have learned a few lessons about SB stuff their bumpers work great nothing bad to say there. Their SRC Sliders on a 4 Door are absolute TRASH and should not even be sold. Two supports, one in front and one in rear and a mile between them. First rock I slammed dropped the sliders into my sheet metal… What a joke but you get what you pay for… Other than that my little 4.88 open dif JKU has made it up and back down the JB Gate Keeper, several Calico runs, this weekend was 3N93 and it has been thru GM and ton of other easy trails. Nothing like your video yet for me but I have to say that is just bad a$$.

It’s all about finesse and learning to drive your rig on the right lines. As I am still doing to this day. Anyone on MJR who knows me knows I have not even been wheeling a year yet and I learn every trip out. Just saying it is not necessarily the JK but the driver…

Thanks to all the MJR guys who have shown me tips on every run. It is great to have an extended family like you guys.

I wanna go wheelin

Danny
                  [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

For sure man, last season I was up on *i think* Outer Limits in Johnson Valley with my club and a group of yodas came up behind us, I went to talk to the lead yoda driver to see if he wanted to 'play thru' as we were having some issues and they caught up to us, which told me they were running a little faster than us. While talking to the guy, I asked him how much he had into his rig, which was just as capable as mine, if not more, and he has 1/3 of the $$ I had in my jeep, and was on the same trail... kinda made me jealous. Hahah!

Anyhow, wheels are wheels, rocks are rocks, and good times are why we do this silly 1 mile per hour stuff.
                    My original yota was a hand me down from my father when I was just 16, that was 14 years ago! Had it been a jeep I probably would be a jeep guy, mine was an 86 pickup, IFS! I remember being soo jealous that jeep guys never had to worry about some stupid axle swap deal, so ur right! Rocks are rocks! Let's wheel! Well put!!

Comment

Originally posted by JK08 View Post
                      Awe my JK looks like it rolled out of the Sh!ttybilt catalog... The main reason why is cause it is priced right, I am impatient and can’t wait to save money to put the name brand sh!t on my rig. I just want to wheel now... I have learned a few lessons about SB stuff their bumpers work great nothing bad to say there. Their SRC Sliders on a 4 Door are absolute TRASH and should not even be sold. Two supports, one in front and one in rear and a mile between them. First rock I slammed dropped the sliders into my sheet metal… What a joke but you get what you pay for… Other than that my little 4.88 open dif JKU has made it up and back down the JB Gate Keeper, several Calico runs, this weekend was 3N93 and it has been thru GM and ton of other easy trails. Nothing like your video yet for me but I have to say that is just bad a$$.

It’s all about finesse and learning to drive your rig on the right lines. As I am still doing to this day. Anyone on MJR who knows me knows I have not even been wheeling a year yet and I learn every trip out. Just saying it is not necessarily the JK but the driver…

Thanks to all the MJR guys who have shown me tips on every run. It is great to have an extended family like you guys.

I wanna go wheelin

Danny
                      One of my best wheelin buddys drives a 4 dr JK, lifted, locked, on 37" beadlocks, and he does amazing sh!t with it. We call it the limo. Personally I would never wheel anything that doesn't have a pink slip (he's still making payments) but he just doesn't care.
                      I'm not a fan of sh!ttybuilts metal products. They're made in china or whatever, and use sub par metal. I've broken 3 of their tire carriers and a bumper, all cracked right nest to the weld. the metal is just junk. I know what you mean tho with the price is right, It's tough to wait and save up another $300 for the poison spyder or genright bumper when you could go buy the sh!ttybuilt one right now.
                      www.inlandjeepfreeks.com

Comment

Working...
                      X