Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup those are the 5 hour trail plugs

Comment

I can’t believe the H1 had issues too, Must have been the driver. Although that is one wide ass rig to wheel through there. I just did not think that the gatekeeper was that bad. On another forum they said it took them 2 hours to get through that part.
      [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Imagine our happiness to run into them again after 10mins after we had our turn at gatekeeeper.
        Then see them bumble around for a couple more hours to clear the little rock garden and this thing.

John Bull is a fun trail, but not terribly hard. A not to big a group with decent offroad vehicles and some driving and spotting skills should not spend more than 2 hours running the trail, most likely less unless you find a nice spot with a view to kick back for awhile

Had to just find a shady spot to watch the bumbling around

Last edited by aw12345; 06-16-12, 02:02 PM.

Comment

One of them on this website describes john bull as one of the hardest trails in big bear. Have fun reading and looking at the trail plugs. http://www.hummer4x4offroad.com/foru...in-Big-Bear-Ca

Comment

Yup saw that, they obviously had a difficult time lol or the the trail would not have been plugged for so long.
            Smartest thing they came up with, is to go enjoy the trail during the week on their next outing.

Comment

Funny thing Art, I went over there today to look for photo opt's, and there was no one around anywhere. We ran into a BBFF group exiting the Holcomb trail, but for the most part - no action. So we went and bought taco's in BB.

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                Funny thing Art, I went over there today to look for photo opt's, and there was no one around anywhere. We ran into a BBFF group exiting the Holcomb trail, but for the most part - no action. So we went and bought taco's in BB.
                Isn't that something lol, they would have made forest fest something special :-)

I guess it happens that way some days are good some a little longer and not quite as good. Still it's always good to spend a day in the mountains or the desert

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Isn't that something lol, they would have made forest fest something special :-)

I guess it happens that way some days are good some a little longer and not quite as good. Still it's always good to spend a day in the mountains or the desert
                  Yes sir,

It is always a good day when you are outdoors doing something you love.
                  [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Thank you to everyone for the entertainment in this thread... I needed it. I must admit that I'm shocked of two things though from this: 1. That you all had the patience to watch and 2. That some folks actually take Hummers into the rocks...

Wonder if this day resulted in the sale of a Hummer and the purchase of a new JK?
                    USMC F&AM

Comment

Not much more needs to be said.
                      Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Well, over on the Hummer site they are trying to take the high road by saying they accept everybody, and making excuses about their rigs and whatnot, all the while whining about us "brand snobs" and our rudeness. what are ya gonna do?
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Has nothing to do with brands. The above Jeep no more belongs on John Bull than most of the Hummers pictured.

They disrespected everyone by stacking rocks, straping and winching to get through the trail on a busy weekend.

We saw how much one open/open vehicle changed our hard work on Holcomb last weekend.
                          Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post

Not much more needs to be said.
                            What the heck is that cage over the nose do for them? Its bigger tube then the exo...
                            I read the posts on their forum. I hope everyone was reasonably friendly with them seeing as these folks are just a metro version of normal wheelers. You have to admit the adventure they had will be remembered by them for years to come.

I do know how frustrating it can be to be behind a group like this. Hopefully they will enjoy the trail next time with limited hold ups to the usual groups.
                            KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
                              What the heck is that cage over the nose do for them? Its bigger tube then the exo...
                              I read the posts on their forum. I hope everyone was reasonably friendly with them seeing as these folks are just a metro version of normal wheelers. You have to admit the adventure they had will be remembered by them for years to come.

I do know how frustrating it can be to be behind a group like this. Hopefully they will enjoy the trail next time with limited hold ups to the usual groups.
                              Funniest thing is that this here fine purty Hummer had everything available in the Hummer store but lockers, go figure.
                              The smartest thing they figured out from this adventure is to take the next gander at it on a week day.
                              This could have been a much bigger debacle if there had been traffic coming from the west side.
                              What got me somewhat peeved, is that after all the waiting at the gatekeeper we ran into Hummers in less than 10 minutes in a spot where we couldn't turn around and not long after a bunch more Jeepers pulled up so there we were stuck on the Big Bear 405.

Comment

Originally posted by DaK View Post
                                Read about the hummmers tampons on another board. We had a group hold us up on Cleghorn too, yeah on CLEGHORN! Think I would have just turned around and left, did Gold Mountain or something.
                                This wouldn't really be that much of a problem on Cleghorn. At Cleghorn you can bypass any of the obstacles by taking the fire road. Once you spot the snail group, you could just go around them and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X