Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Tail tampon of the year award ' and 'Towing whales over rocks' is just making me laugh. Thanks Art.

Comment

Great read!

I'm still somewhat of a noob, but I have seen a lot of people that seemed to be in way over their heads on trails. Sometimes I feel I'm in over my head lol.

It does seem like a lot of people get talked into doing harder trails by their friends. All it takes is one knucklehead to talk the others into doing JB. It would be nice if there were warning signs of suggested equipment requirements. The flip side of course is that people should research a trail before they become a giant shiny road block.

At least I am good at being stubborn. I will not go on a trail until I've read about it and gotten suggested build. I know a guy that dives a lot and he's always saying "plan the dive, dive the plan". I try to follow the same advice.

I'm in no hurry to break $hit!

Last time I was in Calico there was a broken down LR Discovery that they were towing up hill (could've just used gravity...). To make a long story short, it came crashing into one of our Jeeps. At least minor damage.

Here's one of the cluster F#*K from the last time I ran Holcomb. Yeah, they don't look happy...
      Also keep in mind, he rolled while in reverse.... :oops:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
      Last edited by suicideking; 06-14-12, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Black diamond trails in Big Bear have a minimum requirement. 31" tires and atleast 1 locker, but 2 is definitely better.

Comment

you all sound like a bunch of negitive nancys....at least they were out there supporting our sport!

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
            [sized]http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/8932/img2050t.jpg[/sized]
            [COLOR="darkred"]I've seen people get a little tippy in SWB rigs on this rock garden...can't imagine how this happened!

I wouldn't be happy either, especially since the massive tree that would have been a great winch point (left in the picture) is now gone.
            [/COLOR]
            [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
            Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Black diamond trails in Big Bear have a minimum requirement. 31" tires and atleast 1 locker, but 2 is definitely better.
              Yes...and no.

Black Diamond trails in the SBNF are maintained to a level that will allow a vehicle with 31" tires, appropriate lift and a single locker to negotiate them. We don't guarantee that sheet metal will arrive at the destination intact. There is no legal requirement for any equipment level.

I've seen full size vehicles (F350 Crew cab) go across Gold Mountain (although it wasn't and never will be my F350CC) - rocker panels were "slightly differently shaped" when done. I've seen well equipped Jeeps get stuck on GM and John Bull, and Holcolmb. I've also seen bone stock CJ's, YJ's, TJ's and EB's do all of those trails open.

It's 90% software and 10% hardware. Always has been, always will be
              Last edited by Old Fart; 06-15-12, 10:07 AM.
              Jeff
              OHV76V
              KG6TY
              You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Wow. How did that happen on Holcomb?
                Check out .

Comment

I like the fact that our trail is actually evil enough to eat a few careless rigs every so often. Id be damn embarrassed to be the one who flops on Holcomb, but then somebody has to do it right? Now, back to making fun of the Trail Whales...
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                    Now, back to making fun of the Trail Whales...

There it is again. Baw haw ha ha....

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      There's one area on the middle rock garden where I think if you didn't watch what you were doing you could get real tippy, especially if you had momentum going.
                      [COLOR="#FF0000"]R[/COLOR]edneck [COLOR="#FF0000"]D[/COLOR]riveway [COLOR="#FF0000"]F[/COLOR]ab
                      www.DanielBuck.net - www.DNSFAIL.com - www.FurnitureByBuck.com

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                        To the left of where the Cherokee is, there's an embankment. My group had someone stuck on the 'hard line' giant rock. We were winching him out and this guys group is coming down the hill from the west side. So at some point, he decides he wants to turn around and do who know what? Go back up the hill? Anyway, he's backing up (yes, in reverse), people are yelling at him to stop. Of course, he has his windows rolled up so doesn't hear us. Flop away!

So a bunch of people get him back on his wheels. Pretty minor damage to his drivers side. He needs to pull forward and starts backing up again. Got two wheels off the ground, almost flopped a second time!! Luckily he makes it out.

:bonk:

Comment

Originally posted by suicideking View Post
                          Great read!

I'm still somewhat of a noob, but I have seen a lot of people that seemed to be in way over their heads on trails. Sometimes I feel I'm in over my head lol.

It does seem like a lot of people get talked into doing harder trails by their friends. All it takes is one knucklehead to talk the others into doing JB. It would be nice if there were warning signs of suggested equipment requirements. The flip side of course is that people should research a trail before they become a giant shiny road block.

At least I am good at being stubborn. I will not go on a trail until I've read about it and gotten suggested build. I know a guy that dives a lot and he's always saying "plan the dive, dive the plan". I try to follow the same advice.

I'm in no hurry to break $hit!

Last time I was in Calico there was a broken down LR Discovery that they were towing up hill (could've just used gravity...). To make a long story short, it came crashing into one of our Jeeps. At least minor damage.

Here's one of the cluster F#*K from the last time I ran Holcomb. Yeah, they don't look happy...
                          Also keep in mind, he rolled while in reverse.... :oops:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Must have been the tire on top that made him flop………………… Sucks to be him… Fingers crossed that is not me one day.
                          [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            Hey now I roll on open Diffs you just have to pick your lines and your Jeep will follow. I think the whell base an a JKU helps a sh!t Ton...
                            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

Read about the hummmers tampons on another board. We had a group hold us up on Cleghorn too, yeah on CLEGHORN! Think I would have just turned around and left, did Gold Mountain or something.

Comment

Is this what all the fuss was about. found this on Jeepforum. I think I saw AW12345's rig in the background on one shot...

I hope the guy who took these pictures does not get mad i reposted them...

Last edited by JK08; 06-16-12, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X