Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Funniest thing is that this here fine purty Hummer had everything available in the Hummer store but lockers, go figure.
    Probably because lockers have no 'flash' value like that giant front bumper contraption. My god that thing looks obnoxious! Some people seem to focus their mods more on appearance than functionality.

I was talking about my mods with a guy I was wheeling with and mentioned how much I have spent so far on mods (locker, skid plates, etc). His response was that I've spent all that money and don't even have bumpers yet? I told him it CAME with bumpers... I'll get to them eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy162 View Post
      What the heck is that cage over the nose do for them? Its bigger tube then the exo...
      I read the posts on their forum. I hope everyone was reasonably friendly with them seeing as these folks are just a metro version of normal wheelers. You have to admit the adventure they had will be remembered by them for years to come.

I do know how frustrating it can be to be behind a group like this. Hopefully they will enjoy the trail next time with limited hold ups to the usual groups.
      That same rig was the lead for the trail plug on Cleghorn. You could see where his exo-skeleton scraped the walls and all they had to do was dome down a 3' waterfall.... Over an hr waiting on this guys that took us minutes to get through....

Comment

Originally posted by FishPOET View Post
        We saw how much one open/open vehicle changed our hard work on Holcomb last weekend.
        Hey now... my red jeep was open/open and the only time I've been strapped on Holcomb was when Max pulled me while I was pulling Scottymoto with about 2-3k worth of rocks in the FS trailer... Driver and lines picked also have a lot to do with success on the trails.

What I'm getting at is maybe these hummer drivers were the fault, not the hummers...?
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
          What I'm getting at is maybe these hummer drivers were the fault, not the hummers...?
          [COLOR="darkred"]I think it shows that with a GVW of 3 Tons stock & HORRIBLE articulation, you have to be honest with yourself about where you should, and should not be going. Then pile on a couple hundred pounds of tubing & "improved" bumbers...camping gear...spare parts...paperweights (I mean winches that don't work)...and you REALLY start to limit your off road adventures. [/COLOR]
          [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
          Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
            [COLOR="darkred"]I think it shows that with a GVW of 3 Tons stock & HORRIBLE articulation, you have to be honest with yourself about where you should, and should not be going. Then pile on a couple hundred pounds of tubing & "improved" bumbers...camping gear...spare parts...paperweights (I mean winches that don't work)...and you REALLY start to limit your off road adventures. [/COLOR]
            3 tons? That is gross! :hide:
            Last edited by Materdaddy; 06-18-12, 09:30 AM.

Comment

3 tons? That is gross! :hide:
              [COLOR="darkred"] "the source" I got that from. Some are much more than that.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                [COLOR="darkred"] "the source" I got that from. Some are much more than that.[/COLOR]
                Sorry, I'm pedantic. That's the GVWR, not the GVW... We're way off topic now. Let's just agree Hummers are gross and their owners can't drive. :devil:

Seriously though, I think the best posts in this topic are the ones that say drivers of ANY vehicle should know what they're in for, know what their vehicle is capable of and do their due diligence and research the trails so they are properly prepared.

Comment

Haven't we beat up on those poor Hummer guys enough? Why can't we all just get along?

EDIT: Sorry, I have a hang over today. Empathy is a side effect...
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Howdy, this is Gina Roberts (You may know me with a different name :-)), I hijacked with permission Jeff McRae's account since my registration hasn't activated yet.

Let me count the times I have had to help a newbie idiot in a jeep get through some place they shouldn't be. Okay I don't have enough fingers and toes and nor do ten of my friends combined...

It is stupid to bag a particular type of vehicle for being a Trail tampon, oh geez that's clever. Maybe if aw12345 stuck one in his throat it would give the brain time to work. I have taken a bone stock version of every Hummer vehicle through Holcomb without even any body damage, scratches sure, but it isn't the vehicle it is the steering nut. Are there clubs out there of any vehicle that are stupid, duh... I think that group was the Hummer X group, they aren't the Psychos... but there are some very capable people in that group too.

The really important thing is to get people out on the trails and get them to learn. Probably Holcomb wasn't a great choice, I don't know who made that decision. But I wouldn't have made it, I would have done White Mountain first to remove all of that rediculous paint!

Chill guys, and if anybody thinks a 4.5 ton vehicle can't dance, let's party.

Stay safe on the trails and actually thanks for "We persisted and taught the Hummer folks a thing or two about spotting and towing whales over rocks. In a few places we had to daisy chain 2 of them together to tow one of those big beasts over an obstacle", I'll consider it payment forward for the next idiot with a POS or Brand new Rubicon four door that is resting on the frame rails that needs help.

Have a great day.

Gina Roberts
                    Head Psycho
                    SoCalH1PsychoSquad
                    Boxey Lady 2.0 1997 Hummer H1 Wagon Bone Stock......
                    Oscar

Comment

Sorry, I'm pedantic. That's the GVWR, not the GVW... We're way off topic now. Let's just agree Hummers are gross and their owners can't drive. :devil:

Seriously though, I think the best posts in this topic are the ones that say drivers of ANY vehicle should know what they're in for, know what their vehicle is capable of and do their due diligence and research the trails so they are properly prepared.
                      Pretty much. Its always fun to poke fun, but some have thicker skins than others. Guess that's life.
                      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Well here it is direct from my account! First Post. Thanks Weinerdog.

Howdy, this is Gina Roberts (You may know me with a different name :-)), I hijacked with permission Jeff McRae's account since my registration hasn't activated yet.

Let me count the times I have had to help a newbie idiot in a jeep get through some place they shouldn't be. Okay I don't have enough fingers and toes and nor do ten of my friends combined...

It is stupid to bag a particular type of vehicle for being a Trail tampon, oh geez that's clever. Maybe if aw12345 stuck one in his throat it would give the brain time to work. I have taken a bone stock version of every Hummer vehicle through Holcomb without even any body damage, scratches sure, but it isn't the vehicle it is the steering nut. Are there clubs out there of any vehicle that are stupid, duh... I think that group was the Hummer X group, they aren't the Psychos... but there are some very capable people in that group too.

The really important thing is to get people out on the trails and get them to learn. Probably Holcomb wasn't a great choice, I don't know who made that decision. But I wouldn't have made it, I would have done White Mountain first to remove all of that rediculous paint!

Chill guys, and if anybody thinks a 4.5 ton vehicle can't dance, let's party.

Stay safe on the trails and actually thanks for "We persisted and taught the Hummer folks a thing or two about spotting and towing whales over rocks. In a few places we had to daisy chain 2 of them together to tow one of those big beasts over an obstacle", I'll consider it payment forward for the next idiot with a POS or Brand new Rubicon four door that is resting on the frame rails that needs help.

Have a great day.

Gina Roberts
                        Head Psycho
                        SoCalH1PsychoSquad
                        Boxey Lady 2.0 1997 Hummer H1 Wagon Bone Stock......

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]Just a matter of time...[/COLOR]

Comment

Okay that wins an obscure award....

Gina

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
                              Haven't we beat up on those poor Hummer guys enough? Why can't we all just get along?
                              amen to that
                              just delete the whole thread as it serves no purpose

Comment

Hate it, like it. In the end the story is the same, we all love the same trails, but this group was ill prepared to run this trail and wasted over 5 hours of trail time I and a bunch of other people could have spend enjoying JB and other trails in Big Bear. I am sure that there are Hummers out there are other 4 wheelers out there that know what they are doing and come better prepared to run a particular trail and do not plug it. Would love to do some runs with them, some day this particular group might come to a trail better prepared and not plug a trail. Till then trail tampon or plug applies sorry that's how it is. Hate it delete it whatever. One thing I like is the group decided their next JB outing will be on a week day and I sincerely hope they will get more enjoyment out of it. By the way the trail was not any harder then any other time we have ran it :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X