Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
    Hate it, like it. In the end the story is the same, we all love the same trails, but this group was ill prepared to run this trail and wasted over 5 hours of trail time I and a bunch of other people could have spend enjoying JB and other trails in Big Bear. I am sure that there are Hummers out there are other 4 wheelers out there that know what they are doing and come better prepared to run a particular trail and do not plug it. Would love to do some runs with them, some day this particular group might come to a trail better prepared and not plug a trail. Till then trail tampon or plug applies sorry that's how it is. Hate it delete it whatever. One thing I like is the group decided their next JB outing will be on a week day and I sincerely hope they will get more enjoyment out of it. By the way the trail was not any harder then any other time we have ran it :-)
    What goes around comes round.....eventually.
    Some day you could find yourself on the other end.

I know, you already have an answer for that one too.

Show a little class and and a lot of respect for others. It's pretty simple.

Comment

is this more your speed ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOjGO...eature=mh_lolz

Comment

Originally posted by jpflat2a View Post
        What goes around comes round.....eventually.
        Some day you could find yourself on the other end.

I know, you already have an answer for that one too.

Show a little class and and a lot of respect for others. It's pretty simple.
        I spend time spotting and helping them along, would have spend time fixing those vehicles if they would have broken. So that is not the isssue here now is it the rest well I was definitely a bit peeved, yet stayed cordial on the trail and tried hard to move things along.
        Took my venting to this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by QueenKozy View Post
          Well here it is direct from my account! First Post. Thanks Weinerdog.

Howdy, this is Gina Roberts (You may know me with a different name :-)), I hijacked with permission Jeff McRae's account since my registration hasn't activated yet.

Let me count the times I have had to help a newbie idiot in a jeep get through some place they shouldn't be. Okay I don't have enough fingers and toes and nor do ten of my friends combined...

It is stupid to bag a particular type of vehicle for being a Trail tampon, oh geez that's clever. Maybe if aw12345 stuck one in his throat it would give the brain time to work. I have taken a bone stock version of every Hummer vehicle through Holcomb without even any body damage, scratches sure, but it isn't the vehicle it is the steering nut. Are there clubs out there of any vehicle that are stupid, duh... I think that group was the Hummer X group, they aren't the Psychos... but there are some very capable people in that group too.

The really important thing is to get people out on the trails and get them to learn. Probably Holcomb wasn't a great choice, I don't know who made that decision. But I wouldn't have made it, I would have done White Mountain first to remove all of that rediculous paint!

Chill guys, and if anybody thinks a 4.5 ton vehicle can't dance, let's party.

Stay safe on the trails and actually thanks for "We persisted and taught the Hummer folks a thing or two about spotting and towing whales over rocks. In a few places we had to daisy chain 2 of them together to tow one of those big beasts over an obstacle", I'll consider it payment forward for the next idiot with a POS or Brand new Rubicon four door that is resting on the frame rails that needs help.

Have a great day.

Gina Roberts
          Head Psycho
          SoCalH1PsychoSquad
          Boxey Lady 2.0 1997 Hummer H1 Wagon Bone Stock......
          I used to have respect for the Psycho squad, takes skill do take the those big vehicles some of the places you go.
          Seems like you have a bit of a poor attitude. Would like to see how you feel if a group held you up on a trail for a very large part of the day. Was ill prepared took about lord knows how many tries before they even considered a strap or not using the defective winches.
          There is such a thing as trail etiquette, when there is a large group of people behind you two or three tries and it's time for a strap, or does the Psycho squad do things differently. I am pretty sure if a group of ill prepared old beat up Jeeps or beat up Yota's would have held you up most of the day, you would have more than a few choice words for them. Would or will we help any offroader that is stuck or broke down on the trail when they need help absolutely, yup even one of them fancy Hummers.
          Oh by the way, seems to me you lack a sense of humor
          and have a most wonderful, humor filled day

Art
          Last edited by aw12345; 06-18-12, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpflat2a View Post
            Nice. That is a good way to break something or someone. I guess I do not drive as fast as I though…
            [COLOR="red"]Are you seeing planes? Is your name Tattoo? Because I swear to God, you're living on Fantasy Island[/COLOR]

Comment

is this more your speed ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOjGO...eature=mh_lolz

Nope something like this is more my end goal

http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=delta079.mp4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpw2...layer_embedded
              Last edited by aw12345; 06-18-12, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I remember sitting in a long line at the first hill obstacle at the 1978 TDS run.
                A group of F-250s were hitting that hill hard and really tearing it up; they couldn't make it up.
                After what seemed about an hour or so, the line began to move again.
                As our Jeep club approached the hill in question, the TDS folks had closed the hill down and were making everyone take the by-pass.
                I was upset not by the F-250s, but for not being given the chance to climb the hill which any Jeeper could have crawled up, especially after that long a wait.
                So I too have been frustrated as we all have been at times.
                This was back in the days when there were no wheelbase restrictions and only a couple hundred vehicles.

Comment

Tampons????????????

Well all I have to say is;

All in fun;

Last edited by 1 Bad F N Z; 06-21-12, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Kevin, your a brand snob....
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Oh you know me Rat, I'll never give up my Cruiser. I like being the bastard of the group. see you in big bear. Scott and I are going to jenks lake friday afternoon, then camping out. Kevin.

Comment

Have fun Kev, might just see Y'all on Saturday

Comment

[QUOTE=aw12345;208670]Have fun Kev, might just see Y'all on Saturday[/QUOTE

Cool Art, always enjoy the few times I can catch up with my friends.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                            I used to have respect for the Psycho squad, takes skill do take the those big vehicles some of the places you go.
                            Seems like you have a bit of a poor attitude. Would like to see how you feel if a group held you up on a trail for a very large part of the day. Was ill prepared took about lord knows how many tries before they even considered a strap or not using the defective winches.
                            There is such a thing as trail etiquette, when there is a large group of people behind you two or three tries and it's time for a strap, or does the Psycho squad do things differently. I am pretty sure if a group of ill prepared old beat up Jeeps or beat up Yota's would have held you up most of the day, you would have more than a few choice words for them. Would or will we help any offroader that is stuck or broke down on the trail when they need help absolutely, yup even one of them fancy Hummers.
                            Oh by the way, seems to me you lack a sense of humor
                            and have a most wonderful, humor filled day

Art

AMEN BROTHER!!! Getting stuck behind those trail turds was exhausting and frustrating. You hit the nail on the head TRAIL ETIQUETTE! Get some!

HOOYAH!!!
                            Dan

Comment

Hasn't this thread died yet? How long ya gonna keep whippin this Hummer?
                              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

[COLOR="darkred"]I see what ya did there... [/COLOR]
                                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X