Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As per Tammy's request, I was able to go out and look at the site in which you all are going to use. It is a pretty large site, larger than the one that has been used in the past. It is on Mule Cyn Rd. right after the cut off to Phillips Dr. The site is all on the left side of Mule Cyn. For those of you that are pulling trailers and or driving in R.V.'s, the access is pretty good considering the amount of rain we have had up here this yr. I didn't see anything that would limit access to anyone. If anyone has anything else that they would like me to look at for them before that weekend, just PM me. :thumbs_up
    Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

I saw the site today and I agree that it will be perfect for us. But, Don't forget, probably a bunch of other people will probably want to camp there also. We better claim it early...
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

I have the week before off. My wife and I will be up in Mammoth sking Sun through Wed. I proposed the idea of me heading out Thursday afternoon instead of Friday. Of course she said have fun. So I'll see whoever shows up Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
          I saw the site today and I agree that it will be perfect for us. But, Don't forget, probably a bunch of other people will probably want to camp there also. We better claim it early...
          Last year we camped on Philips this weekend and got there on a Thursday. The site you guys are talking about was roped off as a bunch of boyscouts were going to be camping there and they sent out scouts early to rope it off. I would make sure if any one can to show up Thursday just in for case as that is a very popular spot to camp. We usually camp around the corner up on Phillups drive and there is always someone there when we pass.
          censored for having an opinion

Comment

I'm planning on being there early Thursday morning. I need a long weekend break. I will rope off the area if I can unless someone will be there earlier.
            Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
              I'm planning on being there early Thursday morning. I need a long weekend break. I will rope off the area if I can unless someone will be there earlier.
              Save me a spot im tenting it this year
              [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

im going to try and get there thursday or friday

Comment

Originally posted by dr.dirty View Post
                  Save me a spot im tenting it this year
                  You know I will. I think I'm renting a motorhome this year. I won't have a Jeep so might as well camp in style for once.
                  Is Amy coming?
                  Check out .

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                    You know I will. I think I'm renting a motorhome this year. I won't have a Jeep so might as well camp in style for once.
                    Is Amy coming?
                    Nopeshe is in texas doing airforce training and she will be driving back from texas that weekend

Comment

Well if i don't blow my buggy up on the sidewinders run in AZ, ill have to make this run

Comment

Chuck,

I'm thinking of coming Thursday afternoon. FYI - When I was out there this weekend pre-running the stocker run. I saw virtually no trash
                        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                        MJR moderator
                        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

looks like i have to work that weekend so im out

Comment

Yup the whole area was amazingly clean just a few cans and bottles in a few places, took some of those home while we were at it.
                            I hope it will look the same or better after our weekend there.

Comment

Chuck,

I'm thinking of coming Thursday afternoon. FYI - When I was out there this weekend pre-running the stocker run. I saw virtually no trash
                              Those million mile per hour winds that come through every once in a while send the trash clear out to Catalina Island!

All kidding aside, I have been impressed with how clean the area is given how many people I've seen camping and riding around.

Christian
                              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Chuck,

Thanks Roger. That's some good news.
                                Check out .

Comment

Working...
                                X