This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roger View Post
    I can't wait to see Mike's F350 going up Gate Keeper... and Kurt laying on the ground under it taking pictures! This aught to be great!
    From the pics I've seen I can probably stand up and let him drive over me...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Idtt #7

I'm planning on going as well!

Does anybody know if cabins are available? I checked online and they’re booked that weekend. Not sure if somebody from MJR reserved all six cabins, if so I’ll take one?

Comment

Originally posted by INTO4XN View Post
        I'm planning on going as well!

Does anybody know if cabins are available? I checked online and they’re booked that weekend. Not sure if somebody from MJR reserved all six cabins, if so I’ll take one?
        It seems like every other year there's been quite a few other off-road groups at Calico on this weekend. So no telling who rented them.
        There's alot of motels in Barstow and there's one at the off-ramp at Calico. Try this link for more information:

http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/poi...aspx?poi=60534
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Thanks Roger for the link!
          I’ll check it out…
          Originally posted by Roger View Post
          It seems like every other year there's been quite a few other off-road groups at Calico on this weekend. So no telling who rented them.
          There's alot of motels in Barstow and there's one at the off-ramp at Calico. Try this link for more information:

http://www.trails.com/all-hotels/poi...aspx?poi=60534

Comment

We stayed at the Oak Tree Inn last year. It is verry close to the trails. Then dinner attached to the hotel is good too.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

That same weekend is the 'Sons of Thunder Calico Campout'. But I think even more groups tend to show up.
              [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
              Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
              [/COLOR]

Comment

Are there Jeep clubs/groups that camp at Calico all weekends this time of year? if not why can,t we work around them? I know last year as far as trail traffic, it was the worst yet of the 3 times I,ve gone.. but not saying it took away from the Great Time I had..just curious
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

According to the ten day forecast, it’s going to rain on Friday and Saturday.
                  Drew
                  95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
                    According to the ten day forecast, it’s going to rain on Friday and Saturday.
                    That;s one Hell of a ten day forcast that can predict out over a month...

Comment

Oh shit! your right Ratman! I got the TDS and IDTT event mixed up. wrong thread, my bad!

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                      That;s one Hell of a ten day forcast that can predict out over a month...
                      Drew
                      95yj Six Pack

Comment

We did look at other dates, but this was the only one that worked for us in the short timeframe that we like to go (before it gets too hot). There are plenty of other trails in the area besides Doran/Odessa that we can explore and find our own space. Stoddard Valley (Achy Breaky, Pumpkin Eater Trails) isn't too far away either. Everyone I've seen over the past couple of months has urged me to keep it at Calico - so we'll work it out!
                        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
                          We did look at other dates, but this was the only one that worked for us in the short timeframe that we like to go (before it gets too hot). There are plenty of other trails in the area besides Doran/Odessa that we can explore and find our own space. Stoddard Valley (Achy Breaky, Pumpkin Eater Trails) isn't too far away either. Everyone I've seen over the past couple of months has urged me to keep it at Calico - so we'll work it out!
                          I agree, for now Calico is the spot. I wouldn't mind going to run some Stoddard trails; there are some real good ones over there. Besides, I like the Thunder, they make me laugh...

Comment

Aren't the Sons of Thunder the guys with the Rainbow Flags that were out there a year or two ago or is this a different group?
                            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Sons of Thunder is a Christian 4x4 club...very nice people!

Comment

Not sure if I'm gonna be able to make it or not. My puppy needs major surgery on his hip and will still be recovering. Hopefully I will be able to come play for the day on Saturday! The DJ really needs to get back out on the trails!!

Comment

Working...
                                X