This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
    Sons of Thunder is a Christian 4x4 club...very nice people!
    Didn't really answer my questions though . . . are these the guys with the rainbow flags? I remember in Calico I think it wasn't last year but the year before a bunch of Jeeps rolling thru . . . each one had a little OHV style rainbow flag . . . I really wanted to score one for Womb Raider especially with his recent talk of buying a Hummer . . . I'm just sayin'
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Kurt , bout how far from Calico are the Stoddard trail,s I don,t think I,ve done any of them..so anyone know can I leave camp say Saturday morning and just head out to the Stoddard trails and be back at camp for supper?
      "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Stoddard trails are off the 15 fwy and Outlet Center Drive, near the Barstow Outlet Mall. They are East of the exit. Yes, you can go there for the day. It's about 20 minutes from Calico. There are some crazy trails there. I have broke my Jeep every time I go there!

Comment

Thanks Jewel!!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
            We did look at other dates, but this was the only one that worked for us in the short timeframe that we like to go (before it gets too hot). There are plenty of other trails in the area besides Doran/Odessa that we can explore and find our own space. Stoddard Valley (Achy Breaky, Pumpkin Eater Trails) isn't too far away either. Everyone I've seen over the past couple of months has urged me to keep it at Calico
            Please keep it at Calico!
            The history of "why this place at this time" is significant. It's why events are called 'Annual'.

But given that, Sunday is an opportune day to stretch the arms of the event to the Stoddard Wells area. I am a big fan of the Achy Breaky / Pumpkin Eater area and this time of year the weather is usually good.

The folks that want to play on Sunday could organize a run through any of the many trails in the Stoddard area and, in theory, it is on the 'Home' for many of us.

Just Sayin'!

(From a guy that is still hoping to have a Jeep to DRIVE at the event!)
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Pumkin eater and achy breaky sure are fun. Would make for a nice run that weekend or another. Or of course some night time fun makes pumkin eater even more fun
              Same goes for the V notch on achy breaky

Comment

I'm in Yuma right now. I was waiting for some parts to arrive (still am) and one of the guys that works where I'm at pulls up in a lifted Jeep. I start talking to him about it, tell him about mine and suggest he come here and check out MJR. He gets all excited and starts telling me how he has been on already and is reading all the threads and stuff, and then he asks, "what is IDTT"? I explain it to him and he is beside himself, wanting to go. So I invited him to come. He said he will log on and get set up on MJR, so we'll see. His name is Bill Kirk. He drinks Patron. I think I have a new amigo...
                [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

LOL, pullin people in from all over the country heh Kurt? Good job my bro and he drinks your brand ..ain,t life good...

Comment

Idtt

I'll be there Thrusday early afternoon. Just need an area to park the motorhome and guard a spot for everyone else. let me know who to watch for.

Comment

Originally posted by COHUHOL View Post
                      I'll be there Thrusday early afternoon. Just need an area to park the motorhome and guard a spot for everyone else. let me know who to watch for.
                      I was thinking the same thing but I may not get there until later afternoon or early evening. Just not sure of the location. I'll be in a motorhome too.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Please keep it at Calico!
                        In the past, the two main trails at Calico (Doran and Odessa) have been EXTREMELY CROWDED on Saturday during IDTT. I suggest that we let those who are only there for the one day to run those two trails on Saturday; those who will be there the whole weekend could go to Stoddard Wells or Rodman on Saturday, and run Doran/Odessa on Friday or Saturday night (there will be plenty of moonlight) or on Sunday.
                        If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                        KI6MLU

Comment

Chris and I will probably be there late on Thursday Night.

Tam
                          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Camp Spot?

Hi Tammy,

So is the new spot in the same general location as the old camp spot? Sorry it’s been a long time since I’ve been there and totally forgot.

Thanks,

Drew-

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                            Chris and I will probably be there late on Thursday Night.

Tam
                            Drew
                            95yj Six Pack

Comment

Originally posted by Drewminator View Post
                              Hi Tammy,

So is the new spot in the same general location as the old camp spot? Sorry it’s been a long time since I’ve been there and totally forgot.

Thanks,

Drew-
                              My understanding is that its going to be on Mule Canyon where it meets Phillips, one canyon over from where we were.

The problem with the old site, is that it isnt big enough, and we end up with multiple campfires, and it makes it hard to meet everyone.

Ive asked Kirk and Sylvia to go out to the site to make sure it meets our needs....

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Nice! Thanks Tam! I forgot I received coordinates from Scott. Can’t wait to see you all again!

Originally posted by JeepGal View Post
                                My understanding is that its going to be on Mule Canyon where it meets Phillips, one canyon over from where we were.

The problem with the old site, is that it isnt big enough, and we end up with multiple campfires, and it makes it hard to meet everyone.

Ive asked Kirk and Sylvia to go out to the site to make sure it meets our needs....

Tam
                                Last edited by Drewminator; 03-04-10, 04:45 PM.
                                Drew
                                95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
                                X