Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I have room, I'll bring the dutch oven for some cobbler.
    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

heck, if you don't have the room, I'll find some!
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

I spoke with the Crystal Basin ranger station yesterday. No fire restrictions are expected for July. Print your camp fire permit on line and your good to go. Still check with the CBRS the day you go in to make sure, but the ranger assured me it's looking good all month.
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I already did my overall inspection of the suspension and the driveline this weekend. It's all good to go! (Other than a scrunched driver side mirror, there was no damage)
          03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
          "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

did you change the oil while you had it on it's side?????

Where was this at???

Comment

Hehe ... was too hot to change the oil (was well in the 110+ in the sun). This was at Hollister Hills SVRA .. it was my first time there. Went there with a couple friends to make sure the jeep was in good shape (new gears, etc). It all checked out but I kinda took a bad turn into this rut that didn't seem so bad but it was just enough to put me on my side in slow motion.

There are some fun play trails there with a lot of tight and deep ruts .. I was having a lot of trouble since my wheels are kind of flush with the body (don't stick out as much as the others I was with) so even with the body against the side of the hills, my wheels would be deep into the holes ... made for a fun day.

By the way, that's "Truck Hill" in the background .. I hear there are a lot of "fun" videos of people trying to make it up on YouTube .. I haven't had a chance to look yet but it wasn't anything I was even going to try to attempt for now (still breaking in the 4.88s).
              03 Rubicon, 6" FT long arms, 35x12.5 MTRs
              "Jeep is a kind of vehicle for which you have to buy a $250 security console in order to install and store a $40 CB radio. " --Me.

Comment

Hey Al (and others)-

We are going to run the Rubicon this weekend (17th to 19th), but I am not so sure how my schedule/timing is going to line up with yours. So I am going to play it by ear a little bit--- we'll try to hook up with you all at some point.
                I have at least another Jeep coming with me, and maybe more. We will be prepared to run the trail, even if we miss ya. So dont wait for us.

My cell is 760 964 5123. If you want, pm me your cell numbers-

Cant wait! REALLY looking forward to this trip!!!

Comment

Does anyone from Socal want to join up on Thursday a.m. for the trip up???

Comment

Yeap. Count me in. I'm coming from Yorba Linda (91 and 57 freeway intersection). Where do you want to meet, and when?
                    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

• I'm still trying to find a trailer for the jeep. My guest offered to tow my jeep up. Any ideas, let me know. Al, what time are we leaving on Thurs.?
                      -Matt

Comment

• Originally posted by shoe83 View Post
                        I'm still trying to find a trailer for the jeep. My guest offered to tow my jeep up. Any ideas, let me know. Al, what time are we leaving on Thurs.?
                        -Matt
                        Tow bar for flat towing??? Clay has a trailer you might be able to borrow??? Rodny also has a trailer, I believe.

Comment

• You can get a tow bar from harbor freight for about $100.00.
                          Not sure how good it is.

See you guys at the Springs on Friday. I should be there as you guys come through.

Todd
                          Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                          Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

• actually I think they are around $50. They work. I have one now and also used one on my other Jeep. Never a problem.

Comment

• Everyone,

Don't forget to bring bug spray. make sure you get the kind with deet. Mosquitos can be really bad in the evening and early morning.

Comment

• Yea, bug spray, and grab a couple of rocks somewhere along the trail to drop into the mud hole to help out.

There is a Friends of the Rubicon work weekend this same weekend.
                                We are working on the mud hole in the Springs.
                                So you know how big this hole is, it can be seen using Google Earth...

This is a spot that was mentioned at the Water Quality Board and is an issue.
                                We may not get the whole thing filled, but we want to put a big dent in it to help out the trail.

We will have food provided for all day Sat for those that help.

for those that are on this trip, see you all on Friday.

Todd
                                Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                                Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
                                X